Feels weird that Haunted Grounds doesn't affect hatchets.
Was doing the challenge to hit 5 survivors while they're exposed. Figured it might be fun to do with the Huntress, so I leveled up Spirit to 30ish and unlocked Haunted Grounds. Popped it on Huntress and, while luckily the hatchet hits still counted for the challenge, they weren't one-hit downs.
This seems... bizarre, for how Haunted Grounds works. I have to sacrifice a perk slot for up to 60 seconds of exposed, but then they have to both find and cleanse it, which might as well happen at random. And then I have to M1 them? These conditions, man.
The reason it seems bizarre is because Huntress literally has an add-on for one-shots with her hatchets for the entire match. Why not give me a mini version of that for 60 seconds? I'm never going to use those iri heads because I think they're a terrible addition to the game, but I'd be fine with something with Haunted Grounds working. I can understand why you might not want it on Legion (even though Legion isn't incredible) because they get so much info that it can be impossible to escape the stab, so I guess it's "fair" in that way, but Legion also doesn't have an add-on to one-shot with their power, at least not that I know of.
Comments
Its' actually simple. I need to double check myself on this perk jut to be sure, but for what I am aware of it only applies to basic attacks. Think of sloppy butcher as an example. The perk does not work unless it is a basic attack, when people play legion with sloppy, it does not apply when he/she frenzies you since its not an M1 in the first place. Huntress, Pyramid Head and Pig are no different from this. Now however I am not sure how haunted grounds is on a deathslinger, but I assume it works because even when he guns you and hits you, it still gives him a stack of Save The Best For Last. So it is a M1 hit regardless, hope this answers your question and if you still have issues I suggest going to twitch and find some amazing players who can tell you themselves(most preferably fog whisperers or Otzdarva).
To simplify what @Psychobeastz said above, it only works on basic weapon attacks. If a killer has an alternate method of hitting a survivor, Exposed or perks like Sloppy Butcher are not applied to them.
Imagine an already-strong killer having an entire minute of ranged instadowns. The only thing more unfair would be if Feral Frenzy could do the same - at least survivors can make it hard to hit a hatchet.
NOED doesn't work on a pigs dash or demos shred. I can see why hatchets don't one shot people when they are under exposure. I don't like it but I can understand it.
I can use an iri head to have instant downs the entire match, is my point.
All hits (not M1) should be instadown when the Exposed (should be Vulnerable) effect is applied and have the game be balanced around that. It doesn't make much logical sense otherwise, and we constantly have people (such as yourself!) pointing out how it isn't intuitive.
I mean, like, NOED not affecting chainsaws always spins me for a warped logic loop when I see it.
Man you know what else feels weird legion frenzy dosnt one shot.
It shouldn’t be because once huntress gets her add on rework, that add on is definitely getting changed
Yeah but we're not talking about 2028.
You do realise that that is the most problematic add-on in the entire game and is 100% getting reworked, right?
I think this is how iri head should work : Hatchets are affected by exposed effects
I can understand making the argument for physically hitting attacks for example Amanda's ambush or Demo's shred but not for ranged attack that would make it way too easy to just pull BS out
yea no its gonna happen, probably in the next few months so yes this is relevant, why compare something to a add on that is 100% getting changed?
Oh I get it, like I said iri head is so awful I've literally never used one despite Huntress being my favorite Killer. Which is why I think it's hilarious that Haunted Grounds is "balanced" to not do the same thing despite only lasting 60 seconds and having the requirement of the survivors having to cleanse it, AND getting a notification about it, which can happen at any point during the match.
The fact that it's this problematic and has been in the game unchanged for... how long now? And people are confident that it's somehow gonna get changed real soon is hilarious. I mean, they finally got around to Billy, changing parts no one asked them to change, so who knows.
Now I just want to rant about how it takes them a thousand goddamn years to change anything in this game.
I heard about that too, maybe that is going to be in the next mid chapter update I would assume.
it feels fine
sincerely, huntress mains