Sooo why hasn't anyone talked about the hitbox issue in this game?
As I said above.... Bro this game has an incredible hitbox issue. I'm getting hit by the killer when he's not even that close to me. I can vault a window and be running and the killer would swing at it and I'm like um buddy I'm long gone and then pop... I'm injured, like W... T... F??? But yea I'm just wondering why hasn't anyone addressed the bad hitboxes in this game or is it just the host connection, because if so this is even more the reason we need Dedicated Servers!
Comments
That sounds like latency (or you're making ######### up). Regardless, this is a topic that comes up often, to the point of saturation.
The devs have talked about this before and this largely comes from latency. The way it works is a killer swings and hits you on his screen but because of latency it takes longer to register the hit on your end. This has a lot to do with the fact that each lobby is hosted by the killer instead of dedicated servers. Dedicated servers will cost them a lot of money and I don't see them adding them even if literally every single player wants it.
The day they nerfed pallets is the day our only shot at ever having a balanced hit box died. They hit you through pallet stuns, even if you drop before they swing, it's a complete joke.
The killer can swing through the window because he has an arm and the arm can reach through the window, just like in real life.
mabye you wanna post some videos to show what "hitbox issues" you are talking about? Guess its only latency problems
Its not the killers fault if you have a bad connection to him
Firstly, that is latency, and it's because the killer is the host!
Secondly, they've expressed that at this point it would take too much time, effort and resources to even change the game to support dedicated servers - which to me sounds like a bad excuse, besides it something that is a very important QoL improvement.
Psst (just look at his portrait)
You'd be surprised how many people exaggerate (make ######### up) to pretend their problems are bigger than they really are.
Psst (don't assume things based on portraits).
Comparing real life to this game isn't a good argument. Otherwise, you may as well make survivors downed and dead after one hit, and they can't be healed unless the player has the "emergency room MD perk" and "full staff of hospital resources to stabilize major trauma" perk.
Unless a dev comes out and says "we meant for people to be able to get hit after successfully vaulting through a window because 'windows and arms'", then its a false idea. My understanding of the game mechanics as designed was that windows and pallets were supposed to provide safe distance when used correctly. I agree with the original post - it seems like hit boxes are a bit off and I don't believe its always a lag issue.
I'd also like to say the hitbox/autoaim ######### over killers as well as survivors. Sometimes when the survivor is running around a corner the game will attempt to snap onto the survivor but instead hit whatever the corner they are rounding, allowing the survivor to either get some distance, or get to a loop and extend the chase further. I understand the hitbox part, its latency and there's nothing you can do about it but the autoaim/aim assist needs to be either adjusted or flat out removed. It's no fun for either side.
Yeah, when's the last time you tried chainsawing through a window? rolls eyes
Test it in kyf if you dont believe me. Let the survivor position himself in front of the window and let the killer stand on the other side. The killer can hit through the window and hit the survivor without any vaulting involved.
Voila, working as intended, just like IRL
We discussed hitboxes plenty of time. Most of the issues are caused by lag between players.
However, hitting through the window when the players are close on the other side is intended.
Then, the classic case of ''Killer swings, survivor gets the stun, survivor gets hit'', is caused by the interaction time on the pallet. Dropping the pallet and stun isn't instantaneous so it can cause the situation described. Add lag to the case and it looks even worse.
The team made the interaction with pallets faster for immobile survivors on the next patch, that might help a bit with hit registering. However, the issue will still happen as the stun delay (0.3 second) is still in.
No idea. I usually leave ASAP and have stopped caring about BP, rank, and all that jazz.
EDIT: Come to think of it, I haven't played Survivor in a while, so I'm probably rank 20.
Dude a dev literally just said it's a latency issue.
He said "Survivor", dude. And while I appreciate the compliment, lack of training with the Nurse has made me weak with her. Besides, I've mostly been playing Pig and Clown. I did a few streams where I rotated, but I found I needed to practice with those two most of all (Huntress too).
It's not a hitbox issue, hitboxes are fine.
The issue you're experiencing is called "ping". Maybe don't play against 200ms killers and you'll be fine.
What happened to moving the stun back to the beginning of the animation???
Too unfair to Killers with decent latency I guess??
The killer is hosting the game. You have a latency to him, not the other way around. His screen reflects the server in realtime
Are you confusing me for someone else? It's rare that I get complimented on my skill.
I don't really play Nurse all that much, TBH. I just like that she's the one Killer that puts the fear of the Entity into Survivors' hearts. Furthermore, since I've adopted a more casual playstyle, I had to let her go, or else I'd find myself at high ranks very quickly.
But if you wanna watch me rank up/die with Survivor (stealth play only), I'm gonna stream it tonight, in roughly 20 minutes. I'll make a thread in the Media Lounge.