Which role to play?

I'm curious if anyone else does the same thing I do, where I start a session playing survivor until I get teammates that make me want to kill them, then swap to killer.

Comments

  • No, I just play both as equally as I can because I don't want to become another generic main that doesnt really know the struggles of the other side.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    No, I just play both as equally as I can because I don't want to become another generic main that doesnt really know the struggles of the other side.

    Doing it this way has led to me playing fairly evenly, with a slight bit more of killer, if I were to guess I'd say a 60/40 split.

  • Often times I'll boot up dbd looking to have fun, think "Hey survivors fun right?" and then get tunneled 3 games in a row, have megs and yuis and claudette that somehow manage to drop Shack pallet, die in 3 seconds, and do nothing, whilst I loop a killer for a minute on an l-t wall alone, do 3 gens, 4 totems, save people, and then I go cry for a bit. Boot it back up, load into Nurse or Freddy, and actually have some fun.

    The only reason I'm a killer main is because survivor is hell to play, ngl.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Often times I'll boot up dbd looking to have fun, think "Hey survivors fun right?" and then get tunneled 3 games in a row, have megs and yuis and claudette that somehow manage to drop Shack pallet, die in 3 seconds, and do nothing, whilst I loop a killer for a minute on an l-t wall alone, do 3 gens, 4 totems, save people, and then I go cry for a bit. Boot it back up, load into Nurse or Freddy, and actually have some fun.

    The only reason I'm a killer main is because survivor is hell to play, ngl.

    Really? it usually takes like 5 or 6 games for me as survivor before I get a ######### game, maybe I'm just lucky.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596438#Comment_1596438

    Really? it usually takes like 5 or 6 games for me as survivor before I get a ######### game, maybe I'm just lucky.

    I'm gonna say I'm just unlucky.

  • I love killer, so I play killer.

    Survivor is boring for me.

  • I play killer until I start getting only 3/4-man SWFs, then I switch to survivor. After 10PM when ques get too long to play survivor I close the game and play something else.

  • @Stinde said:

    I play killer until I start getting only 3/4-man SWFs, then I switch to survivor. After 10PM when ques get too long to play survivor I close the game and play something else.

    Huh so kinda the inverse of me then

  • Yeah. I play on ps4 EU so I'm at Frankfurt and London servers and I play crossplay off so that probably affects the experience.

    On PC there seems to be more variation in survivors. I'd play cp on if the console was optimized properly.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596472#Comment_1596472

    Yeah. I play on ps4 EU so I'm at Frankfurt and London servers and I play crossplay off so that probably affects the experience.

    On PC there seems to be more variation in survivors. I'd play cp on if the console was optimized properly.

    I play on PC also EU, not sure what servers exactly but I've been getting a lot of my fellow irishmen, some brits, some French and some Norwegians mostly. I play with cross play on just because either it off queue times on both ends increases drastically.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596481#Comment_1596481

    I play on PC also EU, not sure what servers exactly but I've been getting a lot of my fellow irishmen, some brits, some French and some Norwegians mostly. I play with cross play on just because either it off queue times on both ends increases drastically.

    After the implementation of cp the killer ques have always been instant for me when cp is off. Survivor ques stayed the same mostly, maybe a bit quicker before 10PM. After 10PM when the survivor ques get too long I might play few survivor matches with cp on but those matches usually ain't very fun and there's a lot of stutter and lag.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596485#Comment_1596485

    After the implementation of cp the killer ques have always been instant for me when cp is off. Survivor ques stayed the same mostly, maybe a bit quicker before 10PM. After 10PM when the survivor ques get too long I might play few survivor matches with cp on but those matches usually ain't very fun and there's a lot of stutter and lag.

    Yeah it seems to cause some matchwide lag if a ton of people are from different systems for each other

  • Yep, I do the same thing. Boot up the game, play some survivor to warm up, have godawful games where people get tunnel mori’d or can’t hit any skillchecks or leave me to die on hook despite my Kindred, realise I’m not having fun, switch to killer and have a blast until I get bored/tired and go do something else.