What do you guys think of this build?

image.png

I know, I know. No self-care in 2020. But I was curious to see if anyone thought this was viable.

1.) It contains the vault speed build

2.) Healing increased to 92% from the original 50% (I don't count the speed from spine chill because the killer has to be looking at me.)

3.) Faster healing for teammates all around

4.) Spine chill bonus because... spine chill.

5.) Resilience bonus from when I'm still injured

Keep in mind I don't intend to just run off in the corner and heal myself at the very first chance, but I hate looking around for totems for Inner Strength and I find that healing from teammates with Bond can sometimes be unreliable, so I like that I can heal whenever I want.

I don't usually run exhaustion perks so this is pretty normal for me. I'm personally kind of uncomfortable running any build without Iron Will, but what do you guys think?

Comments

  • First of all, welcome to the forums. As far as the build goes it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks of it. You are the one playing. If it seems good then go for it. If it turns out lacking then make changes as you see fit. Personally, I really like running small game and inner strength together. It's a rare game that I can't heal myself when using them plus I have the added benefit of denying the killer NOED while gaining good bloodpoints. But that is purely my preference. Play how you want and ignore anyone that tells you differently. That's the kind of game DBD is.

  • It's okay. Spine chill gives you faster vaults in a chase. Sometimes that does make the difference. Having an injury perk and healing perks kinda weirds me out though. You're almost always only using 3 perks. Personally I'd swap the 2nd perk for Dead Hard but you can go full heal mode with Desperate Measures with the new survivor teachable or be like me and use soul guard. That one time you recovered and the killer knocked you down again you'll think of soul guard and never ever ever ever ever take it off again.

  • That's a solid build with a decent bit of synergy. You can 99 the heal, sit on a gen with Resiliance, then pop it that little bit quicker with spine chill.

    Also, SC is only bad when it's by itself. Even just Botany makes it way stronger, but what you've got here is an entire build dedicated to having your cake (fast, consistent heals and self-heals) and eating it too (Resiliance speed bonus + vault build). Even against Sloppy it's a solid build.

  • Even if major part of community says that selfcare is not effective, it is still very popular top 10 perk. I see it pretty much every game on red ranks. But I personally last time equipped it 2 years ago and I don't miss it.

    This build should be good for looping and information and healing. So it should be your playstyle for this build to help. No exaustion perks, no stealth perks, no second chances. You've got to be good to compensate this.

  • @Heartbound said:

    It's okay. Spine chill gives you faster vaults in a chase. Sometimes that does make the difference. Having an injury perk and healing perks kinda weirds me out though. You're almost always only using 3 perks. Personally I'd swap the 2nd perk for Dead Hard but you can go full heal mode with Desperate Measures with the new survivor teachable or be like me and use soul guard. That one time you recovered and the killer knocked you down again you'll think of soul guard and never ever ever ever ever take it off again.

    Thanks for the advice! I do have soul guard on zarina ( I'm running this build on her right now ) so I could try that out!

    Just curious why you would swap resilience out with dead hard? Only because the point of the build is faster heals, so wouldn't it be more effective to remove spine chill ( 6% vs 9%)? ...Or am I totally wrong and Resilience doesn't give you any speed boost while vaulting?

  • @kaeru said:

    Even if major part of community says that selfcare is not effective, it is still very popular top 10 perk. I see it pretty much every game on red ranks. But I personally last time equipped it 2 years ago and I don't miss it.

    This build should be good for looping and information and healing. So it should be your playstyle for this build to help. No exaustion perks, no stealth perks, no second chances. You've got to be good to compensate this.

    I'll admit I'm a self care hater on here, but even I'll admit when I see it used in a good way, I wouldn't mind teammates having the perk if it was as well thought out in the build as @ringwinning has made it, I just don't like a game where every time a survivor gets injured they hide and self care instead of rushing objectives to get the 4 out

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1595822#Comment_1595822

    I'll admit I'm a self care hater on here, but even I'll admit when I see it used in a good way, I wouldn't mind teammates having the perk if it was as well thought out in the build as @ringwinning has made it, I just don't like a game where every time a survivor gets injured they hide and self care instead of rushing objectives to get the 4 out

    100% agree.

  • Swap Botany Knowledge for Lithe and that is literally my build.

  • @kaeru said:

    Even if major part of community says that selfcare is not effective, it is still very popular top 10 perk. I see it pretty much every game on red ranks. But I personally last time equipped it 2 years ago and I don't miss it.

    This build should be good for looping and information and healing. So it should be your playstyle for this build to help. No exaustion perks, no stealth perks, no second chances. You've got to be good to compensate this.

    Just heal up to 99% for Resilience, then pop it to full when Spine Chill activates.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1595817#Comment_1595817

    Thanks for the advice! I do have soul guard on zarina ( I'm running this build on her right now ) so I could try that out!

    Just curious why you would swap resilience out with dead hard? Only because the point of the build is faster heals, so wouldn't it be more effective to remove spine chill ( 6% vs 9%)? ...Or am I totally wrong and Resilience doesn't give you any speed boost while vaulting?

    Cuz sometimes the killer sneaks up on you and gets a cheap shot. Someone else was cool with healing to 99% but you're still injured. Plus if another survivor sees you they're gonna heal you that 1% and kill your plan.(Yes someone could point out spine chill lets you know they're coming but in practice you can still get snuck up on and relying on spine chill for killer spotting can be really detrimental) Dead Hard in general is a strong exhaustion perk, and can nullify a nurse blink/swing plus give you that extra boost to a pallet in a pinch. You can use it to bait killer swings, but meh. Too reliant on ping.

    Spine chill is the only perk iirc that gives survivors a vault speed boost. I wouldn't use it solely for that but when you get a better idea of where killers path in from/patrol routes etc you just instinctively know where to look for them. (Okay I'm in this corner of the map they'll come from either there or there, etc) That said Spine Chill eventually outlives its usefulness and you can put on a battle perk in its place. Or if you really like the warning try the Alert Perk. It lets you know where the killer is with an aura every time he breaks something, which is...often.

    There's no real right or wrong way. You can win games with zero perks as survivor. I'm personally someone that leans heavy into heals because I like tanking hits for teammates that are about to go down etc and I need to be at full strength again quickly. It definitely gives you a lot more wiggle room.

  • Thanks for the input everyone! I pipped twice while using the build so I guess I'll test and fiddle around with it more :)