Are we ever getting better gore?

Strange question, but will they do a character design and animations graphic update? It would be cool to get some dismemberment and such with the moris.

I know that certain countries ban this, but is there a way that there can be different versions with gore and not gore? Or is there something im missing.

Comments

  • @GoodLookinCookin said:

    Strange question, but will they do a character design and animations graphic update? It would be cool to get some dismemberment and such with the moris.

    I know that certain countries ban this, but is there a way that there can be different versions with gore and not gore? Or is there something im missing.

    I hope no more unnecessary burden to my poor old graphic card

  • Probably not. I believe this was answered officially awhile back, though I can't remember when. Essentially, from what I remember which may be wrong, they don't want to upgrade gore because some countries have very strict rating policies and they will have to get the game re-rated, essentially.

  • Rantings boards and government censors are especially fussy with games where you play "the bad guy". Rerating a game and/or releasing different versions isnt as easy or cheap as it may seem.

  • I don't think that we will. The game is performing well even without them so I don't see why they would risk adding more gore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    In the Leatherface / Hillbilly PTB, they were testing a new blood effect. Once you got hit as survivor, you would get blood on all of your clothes, even if you're wearing a skin.

    It wasn't implemented because it wasn't perfect, and needs more work.

    It looked like free prestige skin in game for me.

  • I'm kind of scared of something like this though. They're trying to make it in a horror game and it's just Sesame Street with red paint on occasion. Can you imagine Dwight drenched in Hawaiian punch? That's terrible. People might get scared :(

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590716#Comment_1590716

    It was a nice addition and it's good to know we're gonna get it in the future.

    Oh yeah I agree, it looked good. Just needed a little bit of work before it looks cool. Goes really well with the graphical update. Breath of fresh air for this game.

  • China and Australia would probably ban the game if it had gore.

  • The game is fine as is in regards to gore. Sure, it'd be nice to have more, but it's not necessary and would detract from the gameplay. That stuff is better suited for a PvE experience, like Dead Space.

  • @GoodLookinCookin said:

    Strange question, but will they do a character design and animations graphic update? It would be cool to get some dismemberment and such with the moris.

    I know that certain countries ban this, but is there a way that there can be different versions with gore and not gore? Or is there something im missing.

    Games big in Asia. So no. They're cery touchy about that stuff. Probably why theres still no decapitation mori.