Give MMR a second chance
The quality of teammates as solo survivor is solo ludicrously inconsistent, I think MMR is a necessity. Let's try it again. Instead of putting every at zero this time, place people higher in MMR, starting off, based on their ranks. It will still be a rough start, but if you actually let it play out and not cancel it a week in, it will work. Either that or have a ranked/unranked mode. You have a large portion of your community that plays this game competitively, so act like they exist and give them a bread crumb every now and then.
Comments
Mmr was horrid, no thanks.
MMR is getting worked on and i guess it will come back, just hope in a better way
MMR would be hard for this game as what constitutes a win in your eyes could be considered a loss to it or vice versa. I really don't get how they could correctly make it so it works in dbd without having a ton of games all out of whack.
They confirmed they're bringing it back, I guess it's still calculating in the background
How was the game with it on I never played during that full period
The main issue MMR had was for whatever reason it was working backwards:
The more you won the easier games you got.
and
The more you lost the harder games you got.
There was clearly game breaking bugs with the MMR system.
bruh moment
I can not prove it but i am pretty sure, they are right now collecting Data in the background. Next time it will go live, people will be more or less already ranked right from the beginning.
I hope MMR will come back.
A friend of mine said MMR was working perfectly for him, every match felt fair.
They probably try to improve it
The recent one was a test though
MMR will most likely come back. Personally, I dont think that they should waste any more time on it, an MMR-System for DBD will not work at all.
The only positive aspect would be that players can try Killers they are not familiar with, but I dont think that this is worth it.