I did a whole afternoon “AFK” with Insidious + NOED. Guess how many games NOED activated?

100%!

Meme’ing around, giving survivors all the time in the world as a little experiment, and over a few dozen games NOED lit up while survivors are running around in my face every single one of those games.

I now propose all NOED posts by survivors should be banned from these forums until killers can no longer give survivors all the time they need to cleanse totems, but still don’t cleanse them.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comments

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588177#Comment_1588177

    What are you even talking about?

    Gens are boring, people would rather be in a chase, but if one survivor is already being chased, doing gens is the only option, doing gens with 0 risk is not fun, but winning because you did gens to help out someone being chased is fun, the fact you can't figure this out says all it needs to really.

    It's also stupid to not be doing gens if the Killer is already chasing someone, unless you're trying to make a play, such as a flashlight save, or finding a Hex Totem, you really ought to be doing gens if you're not being chased.

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587774#Comment_1587774

    They are proving the idea that they are supposed AFK and still all that time. No one cleared bones at all proving the need for NOED changed in debate is otherwise the wrong point. Instead, it's proven by his experience that Survivors dont take the time to do bones at all but cry for NOED to be changed.

    But you seriously don't even know how many totems they cleansed. They couldve done all but one. Maybe adding in thrill of the hunt will help prove your point, but until then I still will, in my opinion, think your argument has no basis.

  • I’ve personally cleansed 4 totems in rounds before but there is always one that eludes me. It would help if others look for them but a lot of times it feels like I’m the only one.

  • You mentioned about survivors all up in your face and also vaulting when you're afk. That's probably because they want the blood points they would miss out on otherwise because you were doing nothing.

    Since they can still get blood points for being 'chased' and escaping it, distraction, as well as vaulting

  • @Solomonkane said:

    You mentioned about survivors all up in your face and also vaulting when you're afk. That's probably because they want the blood points they would miss out on otherwise because you were doing nothing.

    Since they can still get blood points for being 'chased' and escaping it, distraction, as well as vaulting

    Not when Insidious is active they can’t

  • Oh right my bad, then yeah, no idea.

  • proofs the point that noed is a crutch perk.

    imagine doing nothing all game and still get rewarded with kills. seems pretty balanced right?

    "do totems" thats not always working. you play with bunch of solos and you can do 4 totems and the last one is somewhere where you cant find it. and till someone gets it noed gave that person already 2-3 kills. and the best thing is when noed is next to the hook. well have fun.

    NOED is a crutch simple. forget about the insta downs and speed increase but the fact that a killer can just stay afk all game and still can get rewarded for doing so and punish survivors doing the objective shows how BS this perk is.

    and NO im not a survivor main.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187585/i-did-a-whole-afternoon-afk-with-insidious-noed-guess-how-many-games-noed-activated

    I have a notion that survivors are just getting dumber over time, they don't get taught all the strats, they don't learn how to be effective survivors because quite frankly.....the survivor community is completely unhelpful and toxic toward new survivors.

    If you're a killer on the other hand, theres a 1000 and 1 resources to learn from and people all over the killer community jumping hand over fist to teach their respective Baby Nurses or Baby Hags how to play better.

    Meanwhile survivors just.....don't. You might get a few quick tips from content creators but locally....they're completely unhelpful toward each other. Which mirrors their interactions in games with the hook farming and body blocking and running the killer toward people etc.

    Which is why NoED is a problematic perk for them, when a few years ago it was considered a trash perk that survivors easily disabled, even after it activated. Or sometimes it would just straight up not activate cause survivors did so many bones.

    I thinkwe need to convince cope to teach the surrvivors

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587823#Comment_1587823

    This ^

    Thank you.

    I’m tired of “nErF nOeD!!” threads when currently even if the killer deliberately or inadvertently gives the survivors all the time they need to find and cleanse totems, they still don’t anyway.

    A couple weeks ago, just to try it out, I played Insidious Basement Chest Bubba with NOED for four hours straight. This was boring as hell by the way. I wanted to see how NOED performed (I don't usually run it) after a thread complaining about an AFK Wraith that suddenly 4k'ed all of them with NOED at the end.

    NOED activated 100% of the time. I stayed in the basement with Bitter Murmur, Insidious, NOED, and Iron Grasp until four gens popped. Timed when the last gen should get about done and left the basement right before. Smacked them with NOED.

    Most games were a 3k, with a majority being 2k. A minority were 1k or 4k. Zero were 0k.

    Played Hawkins as Survivor yesterday against a Billy. He proxy camped each hook and let the gens fly. I could tell my teammates just thought him a camper or inexperienced, but I had my suspicions. He has one on hook as the last gen pops, and there goes NOED's activation.

    I had no clue where the totem was, and saw my other two randoms trying to get to the hook from different directions. In a Hawkins hallway.

    Have fun with that. I got out the gates. Spectated the last few seconds, and they handed him a 3k.

  • you were literally AFK.

    why would they even be afraid of NOED?

  • Of course they don't bother with totems. They just want to move on to a real game.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    100%!

    Meme’ing around, giving survivors all the time in the world as a little experiment, and over a few dozen games NOED lit up while survivors are running around in my face every single one of those games.

    I now propose all NOED posts by survivors should be banned from these forums until killers can no longer give survivors all the time they need to cleanse totems, but still don’t cleanse them.

    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    Yeah no if you are afl and remove to chase me I'm rushing out of the match. It's boring when the killer refuses to do their job.

  • Did you run Thrill of the hunt too, to see how many totems were being done?

    I've had games where NoED activates after doing FOUR totems. Because I simply couldn't find the fifth.

    Also, I don't think this really addresses the problem of games where survivors don't have time to do the totems. All this says is that if the killer is AFK, survivors probably won't bother with it.

  • If I ever see a "afk" killer, I know to stop doing gens and make sure all totems are broken. Gens can wait.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Did you run Thrill of the hunt too, to see how many totems were being done?

    I've had games where NoED activates after doing FOUR totems. Because I simply couldn't find the fifth.

    Also, I don't think this really addresses the problem of games where survivors don't have time to do the totems. All this says is that if the killer is AFK, survivors probably won't bother with it.

    Most just don’t bother period.

    I’ll see teammates leave the area of a completed gen where a dull totem is right there pretty much in their face screaming “look at me”.

    I get into the same scenario as you. I’ll have done 4 totems just myself, NOED goes off and I’m not passed at the killer, I’m furious at the other survivors. I just refuse to believe that across the 3 other survivors that none of them happened to see this last dull totem during their travels during the trial.

    They’re just lazy. I give them the opportunity to freely farm points (other than chase), and they’re still lazy.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187585/i-did-a-whole-afternoon-afk-with-insidious-noed-guess-how-many-games-noed-activated

    As much as I agree that survivors should do more totems, I don't blame them for trying to rush out of a boring match.

    This. I'm not going to waste my time with a match like that. I don't play this game to just sit on gens for 4 minutes and escape.

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587774#Comment_1587774

    They are proving the idea that they are supposed AFK and still all that time. No one cleared bones at all proving the need for NOED changed in debate is otherwise the wrong point. Instead, it's proven by his experience that Survivors dont take the time to do bones at all but cry for NOED to be changed.

    I don't believe noed is op but this is a dumb argument. No one who plays dbd for actual gameplay and chases is going to spend more time than necessary in a match with an AFK killer. There's no point in cleansing dulls if the killer is AFK if you're worried about noed because of that very reason. When the killer is active and is wearing your team down with hooks noed could be the difference between escaping with one hook left or dying so it makes sense to cleanse any totems you see (or if you're having trouble finishing gens just memorise their locations. which is honestly way more time safe).

    I use small game every match but I still wouldn't bother.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587745#Comment_1587745

    If they’re running around in my face, spamming vaults, they’re not rushing.

    And some didn’t get out. If they were close when the last gen popped, they were downed.

    You know if they're running around in your face it's because they're getting chase points, right? Doing gens and nothing else is like 7k BP. It's not fun. You're not actually proving anything and all you're doing is ruining people's games. Play the game or shut it off.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587745#Comment_1587745

    This. I'm not going to waste my time with a match like that. I don't play this game to just sit on gens for 4 minutes and escape.

    Then don’t just sit on gens.

    Find and cleanse totems. Sabotage hooks. Meme with the team.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597526#Comment_1597526

    Then don’t just sit on gens.

    Find and cleanse totems. Sabotage hooks. Meme with the team.

    I'd rather just play the game tbh. I'm sure thats fun for the swfs that want to farm bp but I ran out of things to grind for long ago in this game.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587823#Comment_1587823

    I don't believe noed is op but this is a dumb argument. No one who plays dbd for actual gameplay and chases is going to spend more time than necessary in a match with an AFK killer. There's no point in cleansing dulls if the killer is AFK if you're worried about noed because of that very reason. When the killer is active and is wearing your team down with hooks noed could be the difference between escaping with one hook left or dying so it makes sense to cleanse any totems you see (or if you're having trouble finishing gens just memorise their locations. which is honestly way more time safe).

    I use small game every match but I still wouldn't bother.


    1 it's not my argument.

    2 I never said it was OP.

    3 I moved on.

    4 do bones, or not. It dont matter to anyone more than whoever it screws over.

  • 'I AFKed all game and expected survivors to look for and cleanse all totems to extend an already incredibly boring M1 simulator, where NOED was never really a threat because the killer is supposedly AFK anyway'.

    I really don't get what you're trying to prove here.

1 2 ›