Why are PC players so sweaty?

Why are PC players on dbd so sweaty? Like, I thought us console players were bad but after playing against all these tryhard spirits, nurses and the race car bubbas I'm rethinking that. And jesus the amount of face camping and tunneling is actually UNREAL. And is it just me or do hitboxes just die between PC and console? Like, there are times when there is a whole wall between us or the killer just hits a wall yet it still downs me. And there have been other times that things should have hit but it didn't. Does anyone else care to share their crossplay experience?

Edit: I need to clarify a few things because some people are putting words in my mouth. #1, I never said playing to win was a bad thing but being "that" spirit that spends $100 on headphones and turns the volume up to the max just so you don't need to waste a perk slot on stridor or being "that" survivor who plays blendette with the small pp build and flashlight clicks and teabaggs the whole game is a bit much. #2 I never said being better than me meant you were sweaty. I usually play Claudette with the roving healer outfit and large walnut glasses Claudette the brightest outfits ever and usually bring a bunch of altruistic perks and balanced and can easily be mindgamed so I'm not exactly the best or most meta player. #3 I also never said I had to be handed free wins. I'm not the best but I'm not complete garbage either. #4 I know the globe doesn't just mean PC but with names like Hex: Devour Ass or Quentin the Crackhead I can safely assume that it's a PC player. and to my 5th thing, I never said all PC players are like this but i have come to find that a good point of the PC players I go against ARE like this.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If I see one more "OMG WHY ARE PC PLAYERS SO SWEATY/CONSOLE PLAYERS ARE #########" I swear to the Entity I'm gonna explode.

    EVERYONE IS SWEATY, IT'S A COMPETITIVE GAME BY NATURE, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TRY AND WIN. Your definition of "fair and balanced" isn't the same as someone else's definition and if someone want's to slug for the 4k or rush generators when injured, then ######### let them. "boohoo that player ruined my fun", guess what honey, it's the same story in other PvP games, get used to it and realise that platform does not matter.

    I don't blame you at all.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A55G34V1ATAG/2094316.png

    When I see this icon my hands start twitching. Adrenaline starts pumping. Eagles cry and waves crash upon the shores. A globe? In my crossplay!? Knowing my opponent is shivering in fear, clutching his joycon controllers hones my skills. Sharpens my resolve.

    I clutch my mouse gently, but firmly. Ready to left click at any moment and when the moment comes, I press the space bar. (that's to pick up survivors, for all those uninitiated folk) The globes begin to crack. The globes begin to fall.

    At the end of the day, I know I caused it all.

    gg I type. To no one that can see it. For all they know is the soft glow of the television set, where I once appeared. Where I ruled.

    Comment of the year!!!! Have my upvote. That was some funny stuff.

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1586524#Comment_1586524

    What's the point of sweating? It's an video game and not the god damn NFL for Christs sake

    Because they want to. You're free to set up your own KYF group where people aren't allowed to play to win, if you want to.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Doesn't the word "sweaty" apply to anyone who wants to play well? I don't get that word. When Man Utd dominated football, did other teams claim they were sweaty? When Eastenders won soap of the year, did Coronation Street actors claim it was because they're sweaty? When acts like Meatloaf, Bryan Adams or Drake stayed at no.1 in the charts, did acts like Pantera, Everything Everything, Radiohead, etc. call them sweaty?

    I just don't get the word at all. Other than an excuse for another player to feel better about themself, it's completely nonsensical to me. Unless it turns into a mutual meme game it is always competitive in nature.

    Admittedly, I don't play crossplay because of the advantages a PC has over console, which makes it unbalanced. However, just because PC players may win more as a result, it's ludicrus to label them sweaty.

    Its usually used when people only care about winning in a casual game.

  • What I want to know now is why Mods are fast like the Flash to close down a thread that questions BHVR, but threads like this that obviously feed into the us vs them toxicity of console vs PC are allowed to remain.

    Well, hell, have at it then. I see where things stand, now.

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585555#Comment_1585555

    I'm asking why though. Like, doesn't it get tiring being "that guy" who uses DS, unbreakable, adrenaline, deadhard? Like, sure perks like for the people, autodidact and solidarity aren't meta but they're fun to use.

    The problem is that you have to be prepared for the worst. I use only 2 real meta perks: DS and Iron Will. The others being Kindred and Spine Chill. I would gladly change DS to something more fun, like Head On, but sadly there are so many killers who tunnel or teammates who farm off the Hook without BT. That is why DS stays.

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    Why are PC players on dbd so sweaty? Like, I thought us console players were bad but after playing against all these tryhard spirits, nurses and the race car bubbas I'm rethinking that. And jesus the amount of face camping and tunneling is actually UNREAL. And is it just me or do hitboxes just die between PC and console? Like, there are times when there is a whole wall between us or the killer just hits a wall yet it still downs me. And there have been other times that things should have hit but it didn't. Does anyone else care to share their crossplay experience?

    It's just your experience. I posted about the opposite thing 3 days ago and no one agreed with me. In my experience, console players are super sweaty. Top tier items, perks, and solely focused on gens. Hide when in the terror radius and everything like that. I had to switch off crossplay because I just don't know how to counter gameplay like that. It isn't fun at all.


    Genrushing + Hiding + 2nd chance perks + Awesome items = Impossible to me.

  • @DeeJHansen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187350/why-are-pc-players-so-sweaty

    It's just your experience. I posted about the opposite thing 3 days ago and no one agreed with me. In my experience, console players are super sweaty. Top tier items, perks, and solely focused on gens. Hide when in the terror radius and everything like that. I had to switch off crossplay because I just don't know how to counter gameplay like that. It isn't fun at all.

    Genrushing + Hiding + 2nd chance perks + Awesome items = Impossible to me.

    You are right. It goes for both sides.

    Sometimes I get sweaty Killers/Survivors from my own platform (PC) and sometimes they are from console. But they are sweaty in a different way.

    Console Survivors are more like you described, while Console killers often proxy camp more.

    But since we all have black sheep on our platforms..... I haven't got problems with crossplay.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    What I want to know now is why Mods are fast like the Flash to close down a thread that questions BHVR, but threads like this that obviously feed into the us vs them toxicity of console vs PC are allowed to remain.

    Well, hell, have at it then. I see where things stand, now.

    You mean a thread that actively insults the developers? Gee, I can't imagine why.

    Report this thread if you feel it's breaking the rules.

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    Why are PC players on dbd so sweaty? Like, I thought us console players were bad but after playing against all these tryhard spirits, nurses and the race car bubbas I'm rethinking that. And jesus the amount of face camping and tunneling is actually UNREAL. And is it just me or do hitboxes just die between PC and console? Like, there are times when there is a whole wall between us or the killer just hits a wall yet it still downs me. And there have been other times that things should have hit but it didn't. Does anyone else care to share their crossplay experience?

    1. you do NOT even know if your playing against PC
    2. ######### is sweaty and try hard, they are just buzz words noobs parrot, since when was playing a game with intention to win come with edgy labels
    3. get good kid?
  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585592#Comment_1585592

    #1, comparing someones jobs that they get paid for to a very buggy cat and mouse style game that people play in their free time is (no offense) stupid. Especially the football one since each game matters for the future of their career which pays somewhere around 5.15 million on average. And #2 trying to actually win and playing like you ARE a football star playing for your paycheck of 5 million dollars is completely different

    Not at all. Someone playing to win a football game vs someone trying to win playing Mario is exactly the same thing when it comes to effort. Money has no relevance in terms of how hard someone plays. In any competitive game online, people play as well as can be. Just because someone wants to play well doesn't make them sweaty. Sweaty is purely a term used by people to justify their own losses.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585592#Comment_1585592

    Its usually used when people only care about winning in a casual game.

    With all games there is a competitive nature. Anyone who plays this goes into a game with the aim to achieve something. If they do that, they "win". If a killer defeats a 4 man SWF using tunnelling and camping (I don't like those tactics by the way), or a 4 man SWF blitzes a victory, anyone on a losing side can call them "sweaty", and that's my issue with the word: It's just a word used by people who want to save face from a loss. Says more about them than the target.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587295#Comment_1587295

    You mean a thread that actively insults the developers? Gee, I can't imagine why.

    Report this thread if you feel it's breaking the rules.

    If you mean the console thread that had someone do that, that isn't the thread I was talking about. There was another about far different issues that had zero to do with console specific stuff, and Mandy just closed it and moved on. And no one there was insulting developers.

    But to be honest, I was venting when I wrote that. I'm over it.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187350/why-are-pc-players-so-sweaty

    1. you do NOT even know if your playing against PC
    2. ######### is sweaty and try hard, they are just buzz words noobs parrot, since when was playing a game with intention to win come with edgy labels
    3. get good kid?

    Please try to keep the conversation civil

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587177#Comment_1587177

    Not at all. Someone playing to win a football game vs someone trying to win playing Mario is exactly the same thing when it comes to effort. Money has no relevance in terms of how hard someone plays. In any competitive game online, people play as well as can be. Just because someone wants to play well doesn't make them sweaty. Sweaty is purely a term used by people to justify their own losses.

    That's inaccurate especially since pro football players get serious injuries that have lasting damage while playing and still go back and play because it's both something they like and makes them on average 5 million dollars. Most people would stop playing Dead by Daylight if they had a chance to break a bone or get a concussion while playing.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187350/why-are-pc-players-so-sweaty

    Btw the globe icon doesn't mean PC it just means its someone on a different version of the game.

    If your on Xbox the globe could be Playstation Switch Or PC so you might not have even run into a single PC player.

    Also killers do have to sweat right now due to archives such as "Item of obsession" or whatever its called that asks survivors to escape with a purple tier item or better so killers are being swamped by SWF going all out.

    So in order to win killers have been going all out in response atm.

    That's true, I didn't about the archives but it's still kinda annoying going against all the sweating, camping and tunneling. But i can usually tell it's a PC player in two steps i call Margrette's Simple Steps to Diagnose a PC Player. #1, how fast do they turn? even though we can get our sensitivities up to the same level most console players don't put their sensitivity as killer up to the max because it's hard to control. #2, Is their name Hex: Devour Ass or Hex: Ruined? If so, its probably a PC player since that would be a console player's permanent gamertag and there could be only 1 person with that gamertag.

  • @Desh said:

    Imagine being called Sweaty because you didn't lose. Are people just supposed to hand free Wins to you because you're a console player?

    Nope. If I'm dead on hook, kill me. If you see me chase me. I just find that PC players usually are the most sweaty.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If I see one more "OMG WHY ARE PC PLAYERS SO SWEATY/CONSOLE PLAYERS ARE #########" I swear to the Entity I'm gonna explode.

    EVERYONE IS SWEATY, IT'S A COMPETITIVE GAME BY NATURE, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TRY AND WIN. Your definition of "fair and balanced" isn't the same as someone else's definition and if someone want's to slug for the 4k or rush generators when injured, then ######### let them. "boohoo that player ruined my fun", guess what honey, it's the same story in other PvP games, get used to it and realise that platform does not matter.

    Stay caln wanna be one killer of the entity too?

  • The only difference I've noticed between Console and PC players is the blissful quiet at the end of the game where the Console Players can't talk. I kind of wish they would muzzle the PC players too. Why? Most of the decent folk just say GG and leave it at that. There isn't that much more that goes into it. If we aren't going to talk more, why create a situation where we have to say anything at all. If it isn't a quick GG, it is going to be salt, profanity, or whatever. Who needs that? :)

    That is why I make it a point to say more than GG. I like to compliment the people I was impressed with and/or give honest critiques if I can help players that struggled. But I think I'm swimming upstream and the trend is unlikely to catch on. So, with that in mind, I'd rather we not talk at all. :)

  • I never understood calling people sweaty. Does it just make you feel better because you just lost to them??? Aren't they just trying to win like everyone else?

  • I need to clarify a few things because some people are putting words in my mouth. #1, I never said playing to win was a bad thing but being "that" spirit that spends $100 on headphones and turns the volume up to the max just so you don't need to waste a perk slot on stridor or being "that" survivor who plays blendette with the small pp build and flashlight clicks and teabaggs the whole game is a bit much. #2 I never said being better than me meant you were sweaty. I usually play Claudette with the roving healer outfit and large walnut glasses Claudette the brightest outfits ever and usually bring a bunch of altruistic perks and balanced and can easily be mindgamed so I'm not exactly the best or most meta player. #3 I also never said I had to be handed free wins. I'm not the best but I'm not complete garbage either. #4 I know the globe doesn't just mean PC but with names like Hex: Devour Ass or Quentin the Crackhead I can safely assume that it's a PC player.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The only difference I've noticed between Console and PC players is the blissful quiet at the end of the game where the Console Players can't talk. I kind of wish they would muzzle the PC players too. Why? Most of the decent folk just say GG and leave it at that. There isn't that much more that goes into it. If we aren't going to talk more, why create a situation where we have to say anything at all. If it isn't a quick GG, it is going to be salt, profanity, or whatever. Who needs that? :)

    That is why I make it a point to say more than GG. I like to compliment the people I was impressed with and/or give honest critiques if I can help players that struggled. But I think I'm swimming upstream and the trend is unlikely to catch on. So, with that in mind, I'd rather we not talk at all. :)

    I sometimes wonder what PC players say....

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    jesus who cares opt out if you cant handle pc players its so simple

    I’m sorry but I’m here to play DBD not waiting simulator 2020

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588534#Comment_1588534

    That's inaccurate especially since pro football players get serious injuries that have lasting damage while playing and still go back and play because it's both something they like and makes them on average 5 million dollars. Most people would stop playing Dead by Daylight if they had a chance to break a bone or get a concussion while playing.

    I think that's the main point you made there - "it's something they like". People have passions and hobbies. I used major sports and such as an obvious illustration. But competitiveness is at every level.

    If it's a school game of football or rugby, the aim is still the same. Even in a friendly game of cards, despite being relaxed, you still play to win. Playing to win doesn't equal an a*****e. It's natural to compete.

    Ultimately, it's about whether someone is a good or bad winner or loser. If someone is a bad winner they will unjustly mock their conquest. A bad loser will make excuses to take away from focusing on themselves.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589491#Comment_1589491

    I think that's the main point you made there - "it's something they like". People have passions and hobbies. I used major sports and such as an obvious illustration. But competitiveness is at every level.

    If it's a school game of football or rugby, the aim is still the same. Even in a friendly game of cards, despite being relaxed, you still play to win. Playing to win doesn't equal an a*****e. It's natural to compete.

    Ultimately, it's about whether someone is a good or bad winner or loser. If someone is a bad winner they will unjustly mock their conquest. A bad loser will make excuses to take away from focusing on themselves.

    Yes, but you aren't listening and are beginning to sound like a broken record. Competing in a professional sport vs just playing a video game are very different because sure both people enjoy what they do but one of them is being PAID. Yes, both of the people are trying to win but the people playing those sports will put a lot more effort into it than the person casually playing a video game (Like I've been saying).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589733#Comment_1589733

    The Rage

    Power: Gods Hand

    Description:

    The Rage was tired of seeing thread after thread about PC vs Console, SWF vs Mori tunnelling Killers and nerf NOED. He decided to just say ######### it, and forcefully enter The Entity's realm.

    The Rage has the ability to back hand any Survivor he comes across. When getting close to a survivor, The Rage:

    • Gains an increase in movement speed by 5% every 3 seconds, up to 50% maximum movement speed, totalling 165%
    • Extended Lunge range, up to 5 extra meters when gaining your first Gods Hand stack
    • Immediate contact with a survivor will instantly kill them, turning them into a pile of blood and gore
    • End game chat is disabled for Survivors killed by Gods Hand, because why would a back handed Survivor still be able to speak? sit the ######### down
    • Gain 100,000BP for every killed Survivor

    "If I see one more "OMG WHY ARE PC PLAYERS SO SWEATY/CONSOLE PLAYERS ARE [BAD WORD]" I swear to The Entity I'm gonna explode"

    Please at least attempt a civil conversation, alright?

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590727#Comment_1590727

    Yes, but you aren't listening and are beginning to sound like a broken record. Competing in a professional sport vs just playing a video game are very different because sure both people enjoy what they do but one of them is being PAID. Yes, both of the people are trying to win but the people playing those sports will put a lot more effort into it than the person casually playing a video game (Like I've been saying).

    I am fully aware of what you're saying, but you've missed the important point that it is competing, and in any game where one vs another, they play to do the best they can and beat the other.

    Also, I may sound like a broken record, but you've not given me reason to change my responses. The payment bit is irrelevant. I'm showing that if there is a versus element, there will be competition. Unfortunately, you've not focused on the point I made about how games are played, instead focusing on finances which has no relevance on the point in hand.

    My stance stays the same. I respect yours, but your argument delving into pay feels like a smoke screen over the main issue of versus and competitive nature of games in general.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591591#Comment_1591591

    I am fully aware of what you're saying, but you've missed the important point that it is competing, and in any game where one vs another, they play to do the best they can and beat the other.

    Also, I may sound like a broken record, but you've not given me reason to change my responses. The payment bit is irrelevant. I'm showing that if there is a versus element, there will be competition. Unfortunately, you've not focused on the point I made about how games are played, instead focusing on finances which has no relevance on the point in hand.

    My stance stays the same. I respect yours, but your argument delving into pay feels like a smoke screen over the main issue of versus and competitive nature of games in general.

    “but your argument delving into pay feels like a smoke screen over the main issue of versus and competitive nature of games in general”

    I love how you say this but then proceed to say things like “despite being relaxed, you still play to win. Playing to win doesn't equal an a*****e”

    the only reason I bring this up is because if you read the original post it never said anything along the lines of “playing to win = sweatyness”

    and if you didn’t understand that then ask for a clarification instead of arguing a point that was never made please and thank you!

    P.S: this isn’t a personal attack on you because I’ve seen many other people make the same argument. you are just the best example on why it’s flawed.

    I hope you have a great rest of your day

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591596#Comment_1591596

    I have, I did and I will continue to do so.

    Here's a fact for you, platform does not matter. Do Nurse and Huntress perform better on PC due to accuracy? yes. Do survivors have better movement on PC because of sharper controls? yes. Solution? Allow KB+M on console. Apart from these things, console and PC are no different to each other. People will be horrible regardless of what platform they are on, if they play badly or in a toxic manner, platform does not matter.

    The main point people make, and I will parrot, is that you don't know you if you're facing PC players or not, unless you're on that platform. So, stop trying to or continue to incite platform wars when most of us adults have already realised that what platform you play on doesn't matter, no one cares, next.

    You can definitely tell if someone on pc by their name. For example I went up against a person yesterday named swampass (and assuming you don’t know, that name would not be allowed on consoles) and even if the person doesn’t have an explicitly inappropriate name. your name on DBD (specifically on console) is your forever gamer tag for every game (unless you want to drop $10 every time you want to change it) so if someone has a name like doot doot, Quentinfacerework2020, hex: devour ass or something along those lines you can probably assume it’s a pc player.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591596#Comment_1591596

    I have, I did and I will continue to do so.

    Here's a fact for you, platform does not matter. Do Nurse and Huntress perform better on PC due to accuracy? yes. Do survivors have better movement on PC because of sharper controls? yes. Solution? Allow KB+M on console. Apart from these things, console and PC are no different to each other. People will be horrible regardless of what platform they are on, if they play badly or in a toxic manner, platform does not matter.

    The main point people make, and I will parrot, is that you don't know you if you're facing PC players or not, unless you're on that platform. So, stop trying to or continue to incite platform wars when most of us adults have already realised that what platform you play on doesn't matter, no one cares, next.

    So aside from the fact that PC has an advantage over console players there's no difference, right? I mean, who cares that PC players have better mobility, better accuracy, higher sensitivity, the ability to turn down their graphics quality and easily see through tiny holes and remove pretty much all fog from the game and get to actually see through the corn. But they have no advantage

  • @MargretAtWalmart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592002#Comment_1592002

    So aside from the fact that PC has an advantage over console players there's no difference, right? I mean, who cares that PC players have better mobility, better accuracy, higher sensitivity, the ability to turn down their graphics quality and easily see through tiny holes and remove pretty much all fog from the game and get to actually see through the corn. But they have no advantage

    Which by the way, this whole conversation is irrelevant to the post as a whole because I was talking about sweat and toxicity and not advantages PC has over console

1 2 ›