Alright, Can We Please Change The Struggle Mechanic?
I know the devs mentioned it in the Silent Hill poll but can they confirm its being changed? My friend has some problem in her hand and can't play SWF with me because of it, so we're stuck with KYF where she has to be killer. Can the devs please change it?
Comments
You don't need to assault your keyboard to struggle.
Light tapping is fine.
I've been considering the same thing. Light or hard, I'm not hitting keys like that game after game on an expensive keyboard.
You can rebind the key. I bind it to mousewheel down, so lightly scrolling the mousewheel is enough to keep struggling.
It'd be way better if we never had to mash buttons like crazy to do the stuff, it's annoying.
I Light tap and die.
And console players should do..?
My friend has some problem in her hands that make it extremely painful to do any type of consistently fast tapping, light or otherwise.
If she's on PC tell her to set up a macro. If she has a Logitech mouse or keyboard it's quite easy to set one up to repeatedly press keys with their software. Even if she's using a controller turbo functions still exists with some programs. You can rapid press buttons on a controller too. Or use autohotkey and ask someone who knows basic code to write you a script for it. We have great workarounds for horrendous outdated game mechanics on pc and honestly everyone should be taking advantage of it when they can. Saves your hands as well as your hardware, it's a win-win
I'll mention it next time we talk, thank you!
when i do play survivor with friends the spamming the space bar is annoying i would prefer a skill check system that gets harder each time it appears would make it more interesing and not make all my friends deaf from my keyboard lol
Wow thank you, i never knew that.
They should just change it so that you have to hold it down and not spam the space button
do it right or wrong it pretty dumb Mechanic.
Wrist or keyboard stress aside, tapping space bar is a dumb mechanic. At least a skill check kind of requires you to pay a little attention to the timing of what you're doing, that alone makes it somewhat more fun than just mindlessly tapping a key or holding down a macro button.
This isn't a perfect fix but don't some controllers have macro buttons that can rapidly press buttons?
or the skill checks cages have I don't know something.
I’ve killed 6 PS4 controllers from wiggling. And I’m not hardcore wiggling lol. But they all drift or don’t move fully now
Lol they need to change the wiggle mechanic as well and they should do skill checks like the cages is a perfect fix.
I hope they change the struggle mechanic, I don't like spamming a key, it wears it out over time.
Besides once hooked, I'd like to be able to just chill out, hang around, you know? Having to spam a key is annoying.
I think the struggle mechanic would be super cool if the animation started on your death hook, you can't be rescued, and the game considers you dead, but you fight off the entity for few moments to get points or just let it kill you quickly, that would be cool.