Lightborn or Infectious Fright against SWF with Flashlights

Sometimes I match in an SWF game and am wondering which is a better counter. While lightborn directly counters flashlights, infectious fright is less situational and still useful if they all equip toolboxes last minute.

So what you all think ?

Comments

  • Honestly, perks aren't the solution to protecting yourself from flashlight saves; Awareness is. Things like faking a pickup or facing a wall will keep you safe from flashlights. Let the survivors waste their time by chasing you around with their skill sticks trying to get you into their sick montage.

    With that being said, if you're still having trouble, Infectious is the better choice between these two. Infectious will cover more bases than just protecting you from saves, and just does Lightborn's job but better. Again, awareness is the counter.

  • Looking at walls

  • If swf with flashlights is really a problem for you, you should definitely put on lightborn and mad grit. If they try to blind you with flashlights then it won't work, but they might try to take protection hits instead, so mad grit will work in your favour because it will injure the survivors and also make sure that the survivor you have won't wiggle free

  • Lightborn to be able to pick up and never be blinded ar pallets BUT you dont know where other survivors are

    Infectious to know where the nearby survivors are and if it is safe, BUT they still can blind you on loops

    Looking at a wall may save your pickup but yous till may get blinded


    Everyone of these gives a nice bonus but also takes something away, theyre all good in their own way tbh.

    If there are like 3 or 4 FL i would take Lightborn so they cant make anyuse of it

  • @Pipefish said:

    Sometimes I match in an SWF game and am wondering which is a better counter. While lightborn directly counters flashlights, infectious fright is less situational and still useful if they all equip toolboxes last minute.

    So what you all think ?

    If you put lighborn, mad grift and agitation it would be 99% impossible for swf to bully you because if they have breakout you have agitation, if they bodyblock you have mad grift, they can just do pallet saves but it's really rare that someone drops on a pallet

  • I wouldn't equip a perk for it. Flashlights aren't strong enough for it to be worth the slot. Hell if every killer I go against equipped lightborn for 4 flashlights I'd get my swf bringing 4 addonless yellow lights all the time just for the wasted slot.

    Basically don't equip a perk you wouldn't otherwise equip. If you're playing a killer like nurse or billy who can get a lot of value of out infectious than sure, but don't take a perk just to counter lights.

  • Just look down...

  • Infectious is one of the best perks in the game, lightborn sucks, but I only recommend infectious because it's a great perk in general, you do not need a perk to counter an SWF with flashlights. Just slug, fake pickups, look at walls, it's not hard whatsoever

  • I mostly use franklins to deal with items.

  • Infections will find that one lurking around but I think mad grit is p good too against swf when they try to bully or body block.

  • This is a no brainer. Lightborn brings so much peace of mind while versing 2+ flashlights. Infectious fright is just going to alert you survivors are nearby but then you have to kill more time fending them off when you could’ve just hooked the survivor.

    The comments mentioning “look at a wall” or “look down” aren’t helpful. I’ve been blinded looking directly at walls before from an angle.

  • I mean... why not both? I never had to choose between those 2. I usually choose between Franklin's and Light Born. Light Born is my fave.

  • @doitagain_ said:

    This is a no brainer. Lightborn brings so much peace of mind while versing 2+ flashlights. Infectious fright is just going to alert you survivors are nearby but then you have to kill more time fending them off when you could’ve just hooked the survivor.

    The comments mentioning “look at a wall” or “look down” aren’t helpful. I’ve been blinded looking directly at walls before from an angle.

    Yeah I feel that, or they get downed in an open area with no walls as their are plenty of times I been flashlighted and felt their was nothing I could do.

  • @Desh said:

    I mean... why not both? I never had to choose between those 2. I usually choose between Franklin's and Light Born. Light Born is my fave.

    Lmao I forgot to add Franklin's in the poll xD, yeah a build with those 3 perks would be quite the troll and add in insidious and camp their items the for some extra salt xD

  • Both. Just to be doubly sure

    Lol