Are map offerings a PC thing?

I have over 2k hours in DBD on PS4. It wasn't until cross platform was introduced that there is a map offering in seemingly every single match that I play. It doesn't matter if I play killer or survivor, someone else is probably bringing a map offering. Is this typical PC behavior?

Comments

  • You mean you have rare map offerings before or you haven't them at all?

  • For me I actually bring map offerings because I just want to get rid of them.

  • @kaeru said:

    You mean you have rare map offerings before or you haven't them at all?

    No, on console we get map offerings in the bloodweb, but people rarely use them. Usually just swf bringing Ormond or Haddonfield offerings. But I feel like I see a map offering every match now, even when it's 4 solo survivors. Autohaven, MacMillian, Crotus Prenn, everything. It's throwing me off. On console we usually just use bloodpoint offerings. lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Don't know much about how often Map Offerings are used on Console, but this is pretty typical to PC.

    Couple of days ago, I played Demo. I got Autohaven 2 times in the row without map offerings, then I got sent ot Autohaven 4 times in the row by people looking for easy game, little did they know I main demo... Let's just say it did not end well for them. Did I mention I got 3 more map offerings afterwards?

    PC Environment is pretty darn toxic

    Interesting. Sounds like it IS a PC thing then. I have never seen so many map offerings, ever, even when new maps get released. I guess it's just something I will need to get used to.

  • @Jholla31 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575184#Comment_1575184

    No, on console we get mao offerings in the bloodweb, but people rarely use them. Usually just swf bringing Ormond or Haddonfield offerings. But I feel like I see a map offering every match now, even when it's 4 solo survivors. Autohaven, MacMillian, Crotus Prenn, everything. It's throwing me off. On console we usually just use bloodpoint offerings. lol

    I guess PC enviornment have more swf duos and trios. But even solo survivors bring map offerings pretty often. Never thought is a PC thing.

  • I see just as many console players with map offerings. Maybe it's a meta shift that's being swept over you guys, but map offerings have always been extremely common for me, and I am on PC.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Don't know much about how often Map Offerings are used on Console, but this is pretty typical to PC.

    Couple of days ago, I played Demo. I got Autohaven 2 times in the row without map offerings, then I got sent ot Autohaven 4 times in the row by people looking for easy game, little did they know I main demo... Let's just say it did not end well for them. Did I mention I got 3 more map offerings afterwards?

    PC Environment is pretty darn toxic

    I would not say that Autohaven is used because people want an easy game. If they want a Survivor-sided map they can burn Ormond or Haddonfield or Coldwind, hoping for Cowshed.

    If someone burns stuff like Autohaven or MacMillan, it looks more like they want a normal Map and not end up on The Game or stuff like that.


    @Topic:

    Cannot really confirm that Map Offerings are that common on PC. Maybe one out of 5 games, at best, has a Map Offering. More like 1 out of 10.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575185#Comment_1575185

    I would not say that Autohaven is used because people want an easy game. If they want a Survivor-sided map they can burn Ormond or Haddonfield or Coldwind, hoping for Cowshed.

    If someone burns stuff like Autohaven or MacMillan, it looks more like they want a normal Map and not end up on The Game or stuff like that.

    @Topic:

    Cannot really confirm that Map Offerings are that common on PC. Maybe one out of 5 games, at best, has a Map Offering. More like 1 out of 10.

    That's what I was thinking. If I get multiple games in a row on certain maps, specifically indoor maps, I'll burn an Autohaven or MacMillan map, just so the game is more balanced. But I played six games tonight (four as survivor, two as killer), and five times somebody brought a map offering. I'm just trying to understand the new meta. I just don't know if it's a PC meta or console players trying to even the playing field meta.

  • People use map offerings just to dispose of them. I've seen survivors use game offering.

  • Personally I use map offerings when I want to prestige someone and use up all their stuff. Considering all the bloodpoints everyone got from the fourth anniversary event, it might just be something like that? People have a ton of offerings and so they’re using them more freely.

  • @Zeus said:

    People use map offerings just to dispose of them. I've seen survivors use game offering.

    I did use Game offering when I did 15 pallets challenge. This map is just a one big pallet storage same as Hawkins.

  • @Jholla31 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575203#Comment_1575203

    That's what I was thinking. If I get multiple games in a row on certain maps, specifically indoor maps, I'll burn an Autohaven or MacMillan map, just so the game is more balanced. But I played six games tonight (four as survivor, two as killer), and five times somebody brought a map offering. I'm just trying to understand the new meta. I just don't know if it's a PC meta or console players trying to even the playing field meta.

    I mean, could also be different based on the Region. I am on EU-Servers, and I dont see many Map Offerings. Maybe US-Players use them more.

  • When I play killer on ps4, every other match the survivors burn a map offering. So they are very common and I have crossplay turned off.

    My game always mysteriously crashes when they burn farm, Haddonfield or Ormond offering though.. Then they can go back to their 10 minute ques where as I get a new lobby in seconds after relauncing the game.

  • @Stinde said:

    When I play killer on ps4, every other match the survivors burn a map offering. So they are very common and I have crossplay turned off.

    My game always mysteriously crashes when they burn farm, Haddonfield or Ormond offering though.. Then they can go back to their 10 minute ques where as I get a new lobby in seconds after relauncing the game.

    Misterious bug that never gonna be acknowledged and fixed.