Full Account Prestige Idea
I was watching a couple streams yesterday and someone asked a streamer what happens when they P3 Level 50 all survivors and killers and someone in chat responded to them as a joke saying that they prestige their whole account. Now I thought about this and came up with an idea.
Firstly, I would like to say that I am Devotion 15 combined (6 on Ps4 and 9 on PC) and have all my survivors P3 50 and almost all my killers P3 50 so I thought, what if there was an entire account prestige and in exchange you get something. I don't know what the reward could be but the conditions could be something like:
If all characters are P3 level 50 with all perks unlocked (possibly) and you are at Devotion 10 minimum then you may have the option to prestige your entire account which will reset all your characters to level 1 and in exchange obtain one cosmetic piece. Now I don't know what this cosmetic could be but it could be one P1 legacy cosmetic for a character of your choice out of the 5 OG survivors or the 4 OG killers. If not, maybe a new legacy type cosmetic could be created for the newer original characters and they can be a selectable option. Now the catch is that you can only account prestige up to 3 times and maybe more conditions can be added but that's all I have at the moment. If anyone has any comments or thoughts, feel free to leave them down below. Just an idea I thought of and took inspiration for. It would be nice to reach a large milestone and then have something to show for it since at that point, you've proven that you are dedicated to DBD.
Comments
That would be the most masochistic thing you could do in the game. If you did prestige III all characters, you should get a reward without resetting anything, because that's a huge accomplishment in itself.
If you got a reward for resetting however, then I think it should be the option to get one free purple outfit for each character (excluding the licensed ones), auric cells or lots of iridescent shards..
This sounds truly un-fun and doesn't scale very well in dead by daylight - every time a DLC comes out, it makes it harder for the next person to "prestige their account".
It takes thousands of hours to P3 Level 50 every character, nobody is throwing that away for one piece of legendary.
So, suicide simulator? Sure, I guess. I don't prestige unless I like a cosmetic, so I have no problem with making an account prestige for people that want it, but that's the most genuinely severe masochistic thing I have ever seen someone post on DBD. It will literally make people quit playing, unless they keep literally everything but perks, items and add-ons. And even then, most people will forget the sheer and absolute grind, account prestige, and quit because F that in the A with a stick of barbed wire.
In fact, I can guarantee that even you don't know how bad the grind is, given that you've clearly been playing for years and didn't have that absolute MOUNTAIN on BP standing before you and what you currently have.
Hi, I used to main old Freddy. I well and truly hate myself to the point I need to get professional help. I enjoy facing the Nurse.
Even I don't want to put myself through this, this torture. That reward has gotta be amazing cause I'm on 7 survivors and my 5th killer right now after 1.8k hours so you best believe I'm wholly opposed to making that grind worse.
Either make the reward worth it or just no. In terms of what if say worth? Oh idk, a ######### ton of cells? Because Holy ######### with the amount of dedication you'll need to do this BHVR should be practically paying you.
This game is already grindy enough.
The end doesn’t really justify the means to the scenario you present.
The Ultimate Prestige reward is a fantastic notion that should have been implemented long ago. The option to reset ALLLL lvls back to 1 just to get that desired prize is waay too gnarly a decision to put on players.
Taking into consideration that some players only play one side, it would have to be a 3 part cosmetic reward... one Super Prestige (or whatevs “DBDish” title devs give it) either a universal cosmetic, interchangeable between any character on each side (similar to the 4th Ani Crowns) or an individual skin for every survivor character; then one individual skin designed for every killer; and finally, (for players who P3 50 all characters on both sides) one Ultimate Prestige universal cosmetic or individual skin for each character.
The anniversary crown esque reward seems more feasible as devs wouldn’t have to keep designing new Super/Ultra Prestige skins for each future killer/survivor to enter the game.
Not sure if or how much Behaviour has touched upon this topic, nevertheless I’d love to have Super and Ultimate Prestige cosmetics/skins rewarded to everyone for all our passionate effort we’ve put into maxing everyone out!
You know what would be better than this idea? Making love to sandpaper.
you might as well receive a gold trophy that says "I don't have a life".
Devs should try to reduce the grinding in the Bloodweb, not increase it.
Yes, that's what I meant. You would keep everything besides perks, items and addons just as if you regularly prestiged. Did you think I meant they would lose cosmetics too?
Purple outfit? Like a recolor you mean or a legacy-type purple cosmetic?
Fair. Maybe not resetting every character back to level one based on the feedback I've been getting from this post but I was thinking they create a new legacy type cosmetic for this purpose since the person receiving it obviously deserves it for overcoming the grind but I'm not too sure. Maybe old legacy or create legacy for the newer characters who are original?
It's not about not having a life lmao. For an example, DBD is the only game I play. I've tried other games but only enjoy DBD and it's been this way since 2017. Does this mean I've been playing all day every day for the last 3 years?
I think you know the answer.
Don't be ignorant.
Oh, I meant purple rarity outfits - the ones in the shop that cost 1000 auric cells or 21k iridescent shards. And my proposal was to give one chosen purple rarity outfit to each character for free after prestiging the account
Prestiging every character p3 lvl 50 with all perks takes an enormous amount of efforts (you're playing it since 2017, and almost reached this "goal" just now), if you're willing to trash all your time put in it, just to get a skin, then this game means a little bit too much for you. I really can't think about one single reason why someone should do it, unless selling the account.