At this point survivors should be able to break breakable doors too.
At first glance, I thought breakable walls would make structures less stronger in the sense that they would open up the structure more, which made sense. Now seeing the new breakable walls in places where breaking them does the opposite, I keep wondering what exactly is the thought process behind them?
I mean, they were introduced to alleviate some of the stronger loops (like Ironworks window, etc) in addition to set ups being changed overall (strong tile next to strong window).
I just feel like some of these changes keep happening to address one thing but disregards/weaken other things.
As an example this door at Nancy's house Springwood Map) ...
Like, why would anyone playing killer want to break that door? When it puts a player in a dead end. To me, these breakable walls just feel redundant at this point. I wish they were more interactive or at the very least require some kind of strategic thought process as to whether you should/shouldn't break them.

Comments
Yeah, like I get wanting to nerf the house of pain, but this completely flips the switch. With the right window spawns, that generator is entirely free, and now it still is... but just for killer.
You're right, we need to put a breakable wall in the other doorway to balance it out.
Also it seems they still haven't learned what Breakable walls were meant to do in the first place.
@WeenieDog
@Golden_spider
I am all for (maybe) nerfing some of the stronger structures throughout the match. I just think this one falls under that same one at the Saloon upstairs. Like, why on earth would anyone go in there? o.O
This is why I loved breakable walls in Friday the 13th. The structure protected the survivor, but also became very weak once Jason plowed through them. It created an intense and interesting chase. In DBD as killer the only thing that I will think about is "Why would I ever break this?" and as a survivor is "Why would I ever go in there?".... destroying the possible interaction you could have during a chase.
Oh I know, just amused about how poorly placed some of these walls are and that it'll still happen because this is apparently how the devs want them to be used. (First Dead Dawg's Saloon room, a few in Midwich, and now this disaster.)
I’m calling it now, there’s going to be a survivor perk like this:
Press and hold the Active Ability button for 4 seconds while standing beside a breakable wall to ram it open.
Put Your Back into It has a cool-down of 140/130/120 seconds.
I hate the walls on Badham so much I'd actually use this
Maybe as a perk? Otherwise, no. I think the killer deserves full control over breakable walls.
@Todgeweiht
Oh I'd definitely be down for it being a perk. That's why I brought it up. :)
More than that though, I just question the way that these new mechanics are getting introduced. Like, I am ok with the killer having control over breakable walls, I just hate it when it diminishes any possible interaction you can have between killer vs survivor.
this point exactly. I don’t understand the point of them at all.
i thought breakable walls were meant for the killer to decide to break a couple of walls so loops are shortened or not. Not “here’s a wall that corners survivors for you with zero thought process required.”. It basically makes it easier to play killer, as a result of no skill/thought on the killers part. I don’t like that when I play killer. I enjoy getting into a good chase where two people are trying to outsmart the other. Serving someone up on a silver platter is silly. It now becomes a dead part of the map where no one will go to. I dunno