How to deal with flashlight builds as killer?

I sometimes find myself against dedicated flashlight survivors, but when i do it feels hopeless.

The group stick together, and when i grab someone i don't have enough time to turn around or look up.

Should i just slug? i dislike doing it since a single guy alive can revive everyone if i ######### up, and no hooks means no progress.

Its not common enough to use a perk slot with lightborn, as it will be wasted most matches.

Any tips? I try facing walls but the last match i had in the swamp either there were no walls or the angle was not enough to avoid blind. I felt hopeless.

Comments

  • @Iconoclast_iv said:

    I sometimes find myself against dedicated flashlight survivors, but when i do it feels hopeless.

    The group stick together, and when i grab someone i don't have enough time to turn around or look up.

    Should i just slug? i dislike doing it since a single guy alive can revive everyone if i ######### up, and no hooks means no progress.

    Its not common enough to use a perk slot with lightborn, as it will be wasted most matches.

    Any tips? I try facing walls but the last match i had in the swamp either there were no walls or the angle was not enough to avoid blind. I felt hopeless.

    Run infectious fright it's a great perk for applying pressure and revealing the flashlight user so you can make the pick up safely

  • I actually keep Lightborn on 100% of the time right now because I'm lazy. Doesn't matter if there's no one in the lobby with a flashlight, I keep it equipped, and it never occurs to the ones who find a flashlight in a chest that they're against a killer who came with Lightborn just in case. It's fantastic.

    Your main options are Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, trying to face walls, slugging, and/or playing as Pyramid Head.

  • Have a look around if you know there’s a flashlight in game. Shouldn’t take but a few seconds.

  • lightborne(use when you see a lobby full of flashlights), face a wall during pickup animation, fraklin's, scare them off first, let them waste battery at pallets.

    yes i know you mentioned lightborne but you said it would be wasted most matches even though you can see what survivors are bringing into a match and plan accordingly and i wanted to make it clear this is what you should be doing not bringing it in every match

  • Remember that perks like m&a and shadowborn that increase your fov also increase the angle at which you can get blinded

  • Infectious. It'll let you know if anyone is near you.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I actually keep Lightborn on 100% of the time right now because I'm lazy. Doesn't matter if there's no one in the lobby with a flashlight, I keep it equipped, and it never occurs to the ones who find a flashlight in a chest that they're against a killer who came with Lightborn just in case. It's fantastic.

    Your main options are Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, trying to face walls, slugging, and/or playing as Pyramid Head.

    Why pyramid head?

  • He can cage survivors. If you down a tormented survivor, you don't have to leave them slugged, nor do you have to pick them up to consume a hook state; you can cage survivors to avoid flashlight saves.

  • If I get in a lobby with 2 or more flashlights, Lightborn goes on.. no hesitation

    not dealing with that

  • pick up in front of a wall, use lightborn, infectious fright, etc.