Is farming a thing on console? If so, how do you signal?

There is no other way I'm getting 15 hatchet hits. I can 4K a game and not have half that many. Some tome quests are stupid.

Every time I try they just run around, the dickhead ones will point/tbag etc but not farm. Is this not done on consoles?

Comments

  • as killer I start out by approaching a survivor near a generator and smack it while spinning around in circles a bit (T-bag if Pig or GF). if that doesn't work, I look at their username and use that to look them up and message them to let them know.

  • @EnderloganYT said:

    as killer I start out by approaching a survivor near a generator and smack it while spinning around in circles a bit (T-bag if Pig or GF). if that doesn't work, I look at their username and use that to look them up and message them to let them know.

    I'm on PC, I don't think I have a way of messaging any consoles, even if I knew which one they were on. I guess I can try the spinning thing. I've chased down multiple people to where I could have downed them easily or in to a corner and just stand there instead of downing but they don't get it.

  • It’s the same as PC

  • On the very rare occasions I farm, down a survivor, walk his wiggling booty over to a generator and hit the gen with your weapon. Rinse and repeat with all 4 survivors until they start following you like Pikmin.

  • you may be lucky you may be not, check their profiles if u are on steam (if they have few hours they want also to farm due grind being as it is they will appreciate it also cause they are not so corrupted yet), or what you can also do is erase 2 survivors out of the game and just farm the last 2 without them even noticing you could also bring deerstalker to easily locate them or whispers if that happens so you can let them go up and down many times till you count 15. i got it in a normal game even if im terrible at her i dont even play her by any mean but still is not that hard,.


  • @seki23 said:

    you may be lucky you may be not, check their profiles if u are on steam (if they have few hours they want also to farm due grind being as it is they will appreciate it also cause they are not so corrupted yet), or what you can also do is erase 2 survivors out of the game and just farm the last 2 without them even noticing you could also bring deerstalker to easily locate them or whispers if that happens so you can let them go up and down many times till you count 15. i got it in a normal game even if im terrible at her i dont even play her by any mean but still is not that hard,.

    I barely play her. That last game that is what I was trying to do. I killed 2 of them, there was a Nea and Jane left, Nea was... not great, and the one I eventually opened the gate and let her leave.

    Jane was hiding the whole time and clearly hoping for a hatch escape, she did eventually get the last gen done while I was trying to convince Nea to stop running by letting her struggle free several times.

    I admit I hate people who are just hiding for a hatch, so when I finally found her I put hooked/killed her immediately. I could have force farmed the Nea more I guess, I don't now how close I was but I don't see it ever happening in a normal game before it's over. No kills and gens are done very quickly.

    All of these people were "cross platform" and considering how extremely rarely I saw people with the Globe from the Windows store before cross play I'm basically just assuming they're all console players at this point.

  • @Masochistic_Killer said:

    There is no other way I'm getting 15 hatchet hits. I can 4K a game and not have half that many. Some tome quests are stupid.

    Every time I try they just run around, the dickhead ones will point/tbag etc but not farm. Is this not done on consoles?

    Does it have to be 15 in one trial?

  • This challenge is in a single trial. I have to say I didn't find this challenge that difficult. Huntress is a lot of fun and hitting hatchets is kinda her thing. Running around M1'ing is not the play.

  • @FambinoBambino_ said:

    It’s the same as PC

    yea it the same.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539569#Comment_1539569

    This challenge is in a single trial. I have to say I didn't find this challenge that difficult. Huntress is a lot of fun and hitting hatchets is kinda her thing. Running around M1'ing is not the play.

    I've noticed a lot of people will run at you as Huntress, I'm guessing because a lot of Huntresses only use hatchets and they're basically touching you they're impossible to aim. I'm used to M1 killers who chase (like, nearly everyone else is this way) so they got slashed fast.

    If you downed with only hatchets and you were killing with only hooks land 15/24 total, which is 63% of your hits only with hatchets to win. It doesn't say you have to win though. I rarely play her, so it's much harder for me, even with 30+ years of fairly regular FPS experience.

  • On PS4 I will smack pallets/gens with my weapon, spin in circles, teabag as ghostface, stand ringing bell over and over, just throw hatchets at wall, etc. Usually the survivors catch on that I'm farming. Do come across the ones that want you to give them chase/stun points but don't want you to hit them. 🙄

  • As a surv main, I find that having the killer walk over slowly, and maybe hit the gen is a good way to signal that they wanna do that type of stuff.

    I also find that shaking your camera, left and right, is a good way to signal "no harm" or "no death" ie. "I just wanna do points/rituals." Not everyone is going to let you, imo, a lot of people get skittish. But just being as friendly as you can, not a lot of sudden movements, etc. Usually helps.

    I usually use wraith, so clinging bell a lot usually is a goof sign. As for huntress, i'd suggest just kinda standing there and maybe hit the gen once or twice. It usually lets them know your friendly so you can do what you need to.