MMR

I mean, it's supposed to match you with players around your level, and yet again, I have swf boosting themselves to low rank just to bully killers like me, if you recognize yourself, you're pathetic, you shouldn't be allowed to boost yourself to low ranks just to play against beginners, it sucks for the killer

Comments

  • Huh? How does one boost to low rank to bully killers? What?

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    Huh? How does one boost to low rank to bully killers? What?

    Red rank swf will group with 1 rank 20 to 'boost' themselves down to troll lower ranks.

  • @Tricks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529752#Comment_1529752

    Red rank swf will group with 1 rank 20 to 'boost' themselves down to troll lower ranks.

    That can’t be done with current matchmaking. Also, that’s not boosting

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529755#Comment_1529755

    That can’t be done with current matchmaking. Also, that’s not boosting

    It is boosting, they are using a new player/long time gone player (who got back) to go agaisnt baby killers, it is boosting in itself

  • I mean, I seen a lot of rank 20s the last few days playing solo, and I'm a red survivor/purple killer atm. MMR is/was a tad screwed up. Haven't gotten to see if its gotten any better today yet.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I mean, I seen a lot of rank 20s the last few days playing solo, and I'm a red survivor/purple killer atm. MMR is/was a tad screwed up. Haven't gotten to see if its gotten any better today yet.

    No it hasn't, I only played 13h of the game on xbox and yet, I'm being matched against people who played more than me, is it ######### normal?

  • this month dbd lost 7% of his player base just bc of this bullshit mmr

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529766#Comment_1529766

    No it hasn't, I only played 13h of the game on xbox and yet, I'm being matched against people who played more than me, is it ######### normal?

    Yes. This is the new normal, for now.

  • @BabyEverything said:

    this month dbd lost 7% of his player base just bc of this bullshit mmr

    Yeah I am guessing that was the newer players leaving since mmr disproportionately screwed them over anyone 😅

  • Alrighty, I just had one of those SWF's boosting themselves. So yup, can confirm it's still a thing.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I mean, it's supposed to match you with players around your level, and yet again, I have swf boosting themselves to low rank just to bully killers like me, if you recognize yourself, you're pathetic, you shouldn't be allowed to boost yourself to low ranks just to play against beginners, it sucks for the killer

    @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529756#Comment_1529756

    It is boosting, they are using a new player/long time gone player (who got back) to go agaisnt baby killers, it is boosting in itself

    i'm pretty sure its just the mmr system. when it went live my full red rank SWF group were getting rank 20 killers, we didn't need a "new player/long time gone player" for that to happen. it's going to be bad until it can balance out.

    does it suck? absolutely. is it fair? not even close. its not fun for red ranks to go up against someone new to the game either. everyone just needs to give it the mmr system a chance to do what it's meant to do. I don't know what platform you're on but i find that if you play at night on console as a killer, you pretty much just get red/purple ranks. hopefully things will get better when cross play goes live in a couple of days.

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/181411/mmr

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529761#Comment_1529761

    i'm pretty sure its just the mmr system. when it went live my full red rank SWF group were getting rank 20 killers, we didn't need a "new player/long time gone player" for that to happen. it's going to be bad until it can balance out.

    does it suck? absolutely. is it fair? not even close. its not fun for red ranks to go up against someone new to the game either. everyone just needs to give it the mmr system a chance to do what it's meant to do. I don't know what platform you're on but i find that if you play at night on console as a killer, you pretty much just get red/purple ranks. hopefully things will get better when cross play goes live in a couple of days.

    I'm on xbox so mmr should be pretty decent on it since it started there (xbox/switch player here) and in all honesty, I'm pretty sure red rank swf find it funny to bully a baby killer, I'm only rank 11 as killer on xbox, I found the mm better before that one arrived, so yes, it still sucks so much and I find it sad because I had high hopes for that!

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529840#Comment_1529840

    I'm on xbox so mmr should be pretty decent on it since it started there (xbox/switch player here) and in all honesty, I'm pretty sure red rank swf find it funny to bully a baby killer, I'm only rank 11 as killer on xbox, I found the mm better before that one arrived, so yes, it still sucks so much and I find it sad because I had high hopes for that!

    You just started playing, 13 hours, and are already claiming “red rank swf.” Okay...


    also, posting would be the rank 20 playing in a swf with better players, to “boost” them to higher rank.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529855#Comment_1529855

    You just started playing, 13 hours, and are already claiming “red rank swf.” Okay...

    also, posting would be the rank 20 playing in a swf with better players, to “boost” them to higher rank.

    I know how to recognize a swf when there is one, my main console is on switch, and yes, I do believe having a rank 20 in your team as swf is boosting

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529892#Comment_1529892

    I know how to recognize a swf when there is one, my main console is on switch, and yes, I do believe having a rank 20 in your team as swf is boosting

    You're wrong with your assessment. I can tell you as a strictly solo player (Killer/Survivor), the MMR system is just messed up right now. I have had numerous games with brown rank killers as a rank 1 survivor, playing solo. You have the wrong idea, you don't know a SWF when you see one because there is literally ZERO indicators towards that as of now. This is not to say you haven't had a game or two like this, but, It's not like every game you have red rank players "boosting" (It's not boosting) down ranks to play baby killers.


    Again.


    MMR system Is not good right now.

  • guess i have the same MMR as new players shrug

    image.png image.png

    and that whole "wait 10 matches" is baloney

    this is all i got Sunday

  • @DeanIcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529920#Comment_1529920

    You're wrong with your assessment. I can tell you as a strictly solo player (Killer/Survivor), the MMR system is just messed up right now. I have had numerous games with brown rank killers as a rank 1 survivor, playing solo. You have the wrong idea, you don't know a SWF when you see one because there is literally ZERO indicators towards that as of now. This is not to say you haven't had a game or two like this, but, It's not like every game you have red rank players "boosting" (It's not boosting) down ranks to play baby killers.

    Again.

    MMR system Is not good right now.

    If you can't recognize a swf in a game, you can't say anything, the coordination of their unhhoking, the looping techniques and etc was a sign they were swf, 2 other thing is 1 brought an Ormond map and another one a key + they slammed gens with 3 people on a single one, all that was swf work and not solo player, I might be solo player sometimes but I do what I have to do and play like a swf

  • False. With the new mmr, these" boosted" players can't purposely go to lower ranks and " bully" killers. The new mmr is crap and it's not working as intended

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    False. With the new mmr, these" boosted" players can't purposely go to lower ranks and " bully" killers. The new mmr is crap and it's not working as intended

    I feel like it's the same as the old one

  • Yes, and as you stated you only had 13hn in the game, I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue, hopefully the devs come up with a a fix