Let's talk about clown for a little bit.

What do you think of this killer? He's still worthless and outclassed by other killers even with his recent buff. He is only slightly strong in chase (countered by pre dropping pallets) and lacks map pressure. Other killers who have strong chase have more to their ability than just chase ability.

Freddy: teleport. Doctor: static blast. Nurse: map pressure. Billy: map pressure. Hag: radar and map pressure. When people mention clowns zoning potential, it is also outclassed by other killers like PH, who can fake his ability without losing speed. Deathslinger is also just a better clown when it comes to chase, since a good slinger can control a chase better than a good clown. I still think he's garbage and needs buffs, but what do you think of him right now?

Comments

  • I mean the majority of the community from both sides agree hes in a rough spot, while game designer almo says "Having tested clown, I think he's very underrated and his power is very well hidden."

    So should he be buffed or reworked with a secondary ability? Obviously.

    Will he? Maybe, maybe not. But they said they're planning to in the q&a so cheer up

  • I hate clown. Playing against him isn't fun. Being slowed then hit isn't great.

  • Hes the worst killer, bar none.

    As Clown, you hold W. His Power? Makes the holding W gameplay slightly faster, but its negated by dropping pallets early.

    Against Clown, you hold W and drop pallets early and just repeat until gens are done. Its incredibly boring both sides.


    Side note; anyone else notice Clowns tend to tunnel off hook, camp immediately and generally BM etc more than anyone other killer?

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Hes the worst killer, bar none.

    As Clown, you hold W. His Power? Makes the holding W gameplay slightly faster, but its negated by dropping pallets early.

    Against Clown, you hold W and drop pallets early and just repeat until gens are done. Its incredibly boring both sides.

    Side note; anyone else notice Clowns tend to tunnel off hook, camp immediately and generally BM etc more than anyone other killer?

    Also, we recently had a killer who counters holding w even better than clown (the blight.) Yeah, most clowns I have come across, tunnel, bm and use those annoying exhaustion add-ons.

    @BabyDweetMain said:

    I hate clown. Playing against him isn't fun. Being slowed then hit isn't great.

    I hate how he blurs my vision, and how his easy to hit gas can apply exhaustion.

  • @DailyDemo said:

    I want him to be buffed with a secondary ability to give him better map pressure, but the balance team thinks that he is underrated so he obviously is like SS tier right?

    Well thankfully, they said they are working on something for clown in the recent q&a, so I think they are listening to the community.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Hes the worst killer, bar none.

    As Clown, you hold W. His Power? Makes the holding W gameplay slightly faster, but its negated by dropping pallets early.

    Against Clown, you hold W and drop pallets early and just repeat until gens are done. Its incredibly boring both sides.

    Side note; anyone else notice Clowns tend to tunnel off hook, camp immediately and generally BM etc more than anyone other killer?

    You mistake Bubba with Clown. Bubbas face camp more than anyone. And the majority blatantly BM along with it. I never had a Clown do these things.

    CLOWN DOES fling bottles alot even when not chasing. IME

  • @DailyDemo said:

    I want him to be buffed with a secondary ability to give him better map pressure, but the balance team thinks that he is underrated so he obviously is like SS tier right?

    I just want his bottle tossing be more less flingy to more so Minor League Baseball throws. It's odd flinging bottles just to see it leave his hand awkwardly and not land where intended at distance range

  • I think he needs a secondary ability of some kind to help with map traversal. Hes got okay chase potential and map control with bottles but those are largely outclassed by other killers. I hope Almo gives up the whole "Guys he totally just has hidden potential guys cmon you just gotta learn to play him", it only serves to piss off the community because literally no one buys it. Perhaps they could have clown take a finger off and have it buff him in some way.

  • Clown is the best 115% movement speed foot chaser. The killers that are better than him in a chase are Spirit, Nurse and Huntress but they are all slower than 115% speed. (I think Deathslinger and Clown are roughly on par with each other. Deathslinger is better in the open, Clown is better at loops with obstacles.) He's very consistent in the time efficiency of his one-vs-one chases.

    ... And that's it. He has no map mobility when he's not in a chase so he has to walk from one chase to the next at normal speed. He's got no stealth or tracking to help him start chases closer to the target, and no innate gen slowdown like Pig's hats. So he can win in chases but he's basically just average overall because that's all he can do so he's particularly vulnerable to the survivors splitting up and making him cover larger distances of the map.

    Fortunately the devs did say in yesterday's Q&A that they're working on changes for Clown. No specific on what they are but presumably they're something that will make him a little better outside of just a one-vs-one chase. (I like the idea of him having an alternate ability to drink from bottles for a buff but who knows?)

  • @dugman said:

    Clown is the best 115% movement speed foot chaser. The killers that are better than him in a chase are Spirit, Nurse and Huntress but they are all slower than 115% speed. (I think Deathslinger and Clown are roughly on par with each other. Deathslinger is better in the open, Clown is better at loops with obstacles.) He's very consistent in the time efficiency of his one-vs-one chases.

    ... And that's it. He has no map mobility when he's not in a chase so he has to walk from one chase to the next at normal speed. He's got no stealth or tracking to help him start chases closer to the target, and no innate gen slowdown like Pig's hats. So he can win in chases but he's basically just average overall because that's all he can do so he's particularly vulnerable to the survivors splitting up and making him cover larger distances of the map.

    Fortunately the devs did say in yesterday's Q&A that they're working on changes for Clown. No specific on what they are but presumably they're something that will make him a little better outside of just a one-vs-one chase. (I like the idea of him having an alternate ability to drink from bottles for a buff but who knows?)

    I think deathslinger outclasses clown in a chase, since he can reel survivors around loops and instant ads, as well as having a small terror radius.

  • I enjoy playing Clown but his power is not strong enough to justify all his drawbacks (only 4 bottles, slow itself isnt even that strong, slow reload that is always the same length and slows him to a crawl).

  • Don't see the point of reload now, it should be passive recharge like blight's tokens.

  • I can give a hard time to survivors with him... I think people use his bottles the wrong way, trying to hit the survivor...

    Many streamers that I've seen throw them at survivors foot or directly at pallets... That's not the best way to use them...

  • @jisp3r said:

    I can give a hard time to survivors with him... I think people use his bottles the wrong way, trying to hit the survivor...

    Many streamers that I've seen throw them at survivors foot or directly at pallets... That's not the best way to use them...

    Is it throwing them ahead of survivors or at tiles to zone them? I already mentioned that in OP, he is outclassed by deathslinger in that field, and he can still be countered by pre throwing pallets.

  • @jisp3r said:

    I can give a hard time to survivors with him... I think people use his bottles the wrong way, trying to hit the survivor...

    Many streamers that I've seen throw them at survivors foot or directly at pallets... That's not the best way to use them...

    agreed. when I play him the only thing survivors can do to outplay me is gen rushing. he is pretty underrated

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616615#Comment_1616615

    Is it throwing them ahead of survivors or at tiles to zone them? I already mentioned that in OP, he is outclassed by deathslinger in that field, and he can still be countered by pre throwing pallets.

    No... Throw them high to spread. Works specially on trees. Everything gets pink and it's even hard to see the clown.

    Sometimes you get the whole loop with the spread.

    Sometimes your poison creates a radius around the loop and when they leave, they get intoxicated.

    It depends on how high you throw the bottle.

    Bottles are very useful HEEEEEHEHAHA

  • Also you can poison the shack from outside by throwing the bottle on the roof. But that's a hard tech to do. I'm still trying to find a steady throw... I'm pretty sure the hole on the roof was made thinking about clown

  • @jisp3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616641#Comment_1616641

    No... Throw them high to spread. Works specially on trees. Everything gets pink and it's even hard to see the clown.

    Sometimes you get the whole loop with the spread.

    Sometimes your poison creates a radius around the loop and when they leave, they get intoxicated.

    It depends on how high you throw the bottle.

    Bottles are very useful HEEEEEHEHAHA

    Yeah, but that is countered by pre dropping pallets. Also, deathslinger is much better, since he has the threat of an instant ads, making all loops irrelevant in the first place.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616869#Comment_1616869

    Yeah, but that is countered by pre dropping pallets. Also, deathslinger is much better, since he has the threat of an instant ads, making all loops irrelevant in the first place.

    Any killer can be countered by that... If you intoxicate their way out its a guaranteed hit... If surv stays, they get intoxicated too and hit... It's possible to do both with one bottle

    Also clowns laughter is way better than slingers

    And his gameplay is way more fun than a quick scope. Requires more thinking.

  • I would actually like to see Clown become a lot scarier in a chase, and buffing his gas seems to be a good way to do that. Not adding a secondary ability or anything like that, but by making it very much like Deathslinger where he is extremely lethal in a chase, but it's all he has.

    My thought is a slight increase in the screen blur and slightly wider AoE for the gas should do the trick for now.

  • I would like to see something related to a circus added to him... Maybe traps on chests and gens.

    Maybe when intoxicated ppl see more than one clown and circus music

  • His power needs to be buffed, or he needs to be reworked in a way that still remains true to the core concept of being anti-loop. Right now he is add on dependent where only a few of his add ons are actually good. He also has one of the most pointless add ons in the game.