Remove teachables

I think everyone is missing the big picture on why dbd has such a problem and often people argue that its because of perks and yell out specific perks they hate

The problem with dbd is survivors and before you disagree with me please note that I am a survivor main and you should hear me out.

Survivors have no downside to them you can play any survivor without any penalty where that is different for killer, you can't play any killer and it be the same. Killers have different abilities which leads to different playstyles survivors don't you can play any survivor and run at the same speed etc needs to change


My suggestion: Completely rework survivor and remove teachables.

Survivors needs stats like killers, some survivors should be slower than others leaving them at a disadvantage but could have pros like more strength (by strength I mean throwing down a pallet faster and it stuns the killer for like 0.3 seconds longer)

Exhaustion needs to be base kit, there needs to be exhaustion you shouldn't be able to run across the map without stopping to catch breath and this gives killers like hag a chance in chases where you run a -5% slower if you run for to long

Teachables have always been a problem on the survivor side anyway and have continued to be a problem throughout the years. They honestly make a character less important since all you have to do is get someone to level 40 in the blood web then be done with them this can be done in a day. I propose they remove teachables as a whole and yes I'm aware that this can be argued with but I have an example

Say you wanna use dead hard but you also want to use decisive strike you can't anymore you'd have to play David for dead hard or Laurie for decisive strike.

I know there will be entitled players who won't like this idea but I think every survivor main realizes that killer has harder than survivor and something needs to be done other than reworking powers and perks.

Comments

  • @Ready said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1530555#Comment_1530555

    sadly i disagree here because im not even a full 2 weeks in the game i can play a brand new killer ive never played before and still kill all 4 survs even when its a game of swf red ranks so this is totally disgree with it is actually harder to play surv then it is to play a killer and the sad part is i can do this using a level 1 killer so if you are having issues playing killer and think it is hard to do then you arent very observant in your matches or hard of hearing because its easy to follow red scratches and to hear survs crying out in pain etc its very easy to track if someone jumped in a locker even without making a sound etc so i do really disagree here

    Ok, you can have a different opinion than me, and that's fine.

    But sadly, that's not the reality.

    Don't take this as an offense, but maybe you need more experience at the game, you need to see what top level killers actually think about the game...etc.

    Killer being harder than survivor is a fact, and I'm not "mad" about it. That's how the game it is, until it becomes more balanced.


    Sure, playing killer at brown ranks can be easy-peasy, but when you start playing the game more, ranking up, and seeing the actual reality of the game, your mind will change.

    By this, I'm not saying that playing survivor is easy.

    Playing survivor is easier than playing killer.

    There's a little difference between those statements.


    Have a good day.

  • @Alphiax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527387#Comment_1527387

    I honestly don’t think this would matter much considering core builds include things like inner strength self care adrenaline to name a few that really don’t matter what tier it is like I’d have ds 3 inner strength 3 adrenaline 2 and self care 1 and it really wouldn’t change anything

    That's fair. I didn't really consider that a lot of the perks don't change significantly between levels.

    I just had an idea and a dream, lol.


    Maybe in dbd2, or the massive game rocking update we'll totally get in 9.3.2. ;P

  • @47v3ctorlulz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527381#Comment_1527381

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527393#Comment_1527393

    I like both of these, but here's another concept:

    The proposed 5th perk slot could be a restricted slot containing one of the character's teachables. From level 1-24 it's tier 1, from 25-49 it's tier 2, and at level 50 it reaches tier 3. Perhaps you start with the level 30 teachable, upon reaching p1 it switches to the level 35 teachable, at p2 it switches to the level 40 teachable, and at p3 you get to choose the teachable.

    Personally I think it adds more value to the prestige system rather than increased odds for rares and some bloody clothes.

    I like the idea, but they'd have to change how prestige works a bit to get me interested.

    I've never prestiged a character because of how much of a slog it is to get them back. Tbf, part of that is because I play dbd on three different platforms so splitting my time has a huge effect on me personally.

    But the rewards of cosmetic and clout haven't been enough to make me bite yet. 🤔

  • @HagIsBestGirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528739#Comment_1528739

    I like the idea, but they'd have to change how prestige works a bit to get me interested.

    I've never prestiged a character because of how much of a slog it is to get them back. Tbf, part of that is because I play dbd on three different platforms so splitting my time has a huge effect on me personally.

    But the rewards of cosmetic and clout haven't been enough to make me bite yet. 🤔

    Prestige comes with the cosmetics of course, but there's also an increased drops in rares. The exact increases are as follows:

    P1: rare 10%

    P2: rare 20%; very rare 10%

    P3: rare 30%; very rare 20%; ultra rare 10%

    I think that the hypothetical 5th perk as I proposed would add an additional reason to Prestige, as well as bring in a great deal of additional revenue for BHVR. Though I'm very intrigued on everyone's thoughts.

  • No, thats a bad idea and I am a killer main. Survivors need more things to do and have other fixes. Like showing when there swf in lobby without needing to check their profile. Like giving killer extra perk slot or increasing amount of gens you need to do if there is swf, etc

1 2 ›