DELETE CHAT FROM THE FINAL MATCH = DELETE TOXICITY

The best solution devs can do with the toxicity would be to remove the final chat from the match. By doing they can also remove the report for insults because it will no longer be necessary.

Change my mind.

Comments

  • Yes, I'll gladly change your mind, if they remove it from pc, then they have to do something about Xbox/Ps4, it still will be a problem for consoles 🤷

  • Steam profile comments.

    Steam dms.

    Ps4/Xbox dms.

    Clicking

    Tbagging

    Facecamping

    Hardcore tunneling


    Toxicity will still exist in this game with or without an endgame chat.

  • you can remove the end game chat yourself just click the close button.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Steam profile comments.

    Steam dms.

    Ps4/Xbox dms.

    Clicking

    Tbagging

    Facecamping

    Hardcore tunneling

    Toxicity will still exist in this game with or without an endgame chat.

    You're right, but I'm sure it will at least eliminate a percentage of toxicity in the community. Although the Steam thing could be solved by putting the profile in private.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    you can remove the end game chat yourself just click the close button.

    I was waiting for an answer like this. I do not feel comfortable having doubts about what they have said in the chat about me.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522766#Comment_1522766

    You're right, but I'm sure it will at least eliminate a percentage of toxicity in the community. Although the Steam thing could be solved by putting the profile in private.

    But what if I want my profile on public? The amount of times I've been accused of hacking because of a private profile is absurd and I've met some amazing people through my profile being on public.

    However people will always find a way to be toxic.

  • I mean some lucky people have a good time in the end game chat, if it's toxic, you're free to skip it and go in another game.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    The best solution devs can do with the toxicity would be to remove the final chat from the match. By doing they can also remove the report for insults because it will no longer be necessary.

    Change my mind.

    you can close it, its a arrow symbol right, click on this... i mean when u have so hard problem with them, and need remove it then do it :)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Steam profile comments.

    Steam dms.

    Ps4/Xbox dms.

    Clicking

    Tbagging

    Facecamping

    Hardcore tunneling

    Toxicity will still exist in this game with or without an endgame chat.

    you forgot sandbagging

  • i hear that once the crossplay system is up and running end chat will be on console too

  • @DudelPumaAce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180668/delete-chat-from-the-final-match-delete-toxicity

    you can close it, its a arrow symbol right, click on this... i mean when u have so hard problem with them, and need remove it then do it :)

    When I see a problem like this, I always ignore it. But it can go to the point of ruining the gaming experience to the point of being annoying.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522783#Comment_1522783

    But what if I want my profile on public? The amount of times I've been accused of hacking because of a private profile is absurd and I've met some amazing people through my profile being on public.

    However people will always find a way to be toxic.

    If they have no evidence of hacks and cheats in the game, nothing will happen to you.


    "However people will always find a way to be toxic."

    I couldn't disagree with this. But if the final chat is deleted the game will be less toxic.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Steam profile comments.

    Steam dms.

    Ps4/Xbox dms.

    Clicking

    Tbagging

    Facecamping

    Hardcore tunneling

    Toxicity will still exist in this game with or without an endgame chat.

    I play on the switch. Literally no way to contact anyone on there. For the most part, switch is a pretty non toxic place to play DBD but there are definitely BM moments. We see the same players around all the time, though, so there is definitely a revenge culture going on LMAOOOO

    Killers smack on hook, tunnel and camp, shake their head, target specific players, etc. Survivors also BM BM tbagging, clicking, pointing, etc. But if you actually want to trash talk someone, you have to go out of your way to, like, join a discord or something LOL

    Outside of those relatively rare moments, I feel like the switch has one of the healthiest cultures around DBD. I am perfectly comfortable playing dozens of games in a row without equipping DS, because most of the killers I run into there either dont tunnel... or their switch dropped on the frames they could see you after you got unhooked LMFAO


    Anyways, I quite enjoy the post game chat. I've had more positive than negative moments in there so far. Only have run into a couple of cocky, snotty nurse mains so far LOL

  • Hide the chat if you don't wanna deal with it. You can auto hide it if it really bothers you by going in the gameusersettingsini.

    I like to chat after game and would hate to see it removed.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522766#Comment_1522766

    I play on the switch. Literally no way to contact anyone on there. For the most part, switch is a pretty non toxic place to play DBD but there are definitely BM moments. We see the same players around all the time, though, so there is definitely a revenge culture going on LMAOOOO

    Killers smack on hook, tunnel and camp, shake their head, target specific players, etc. Survivors also BM BM tbagging, clicking, pointing, etc. But if you actually want to trash talk someone, you have to go out of your way to, like, join a discord or something LOL

    Outside of those relatively rare moments, I feel like the switch has one of the healthiest cultures around DBD. I am perfectly comfortable playing dozens of games in a row without equipping DS, because most of the killers I run into there either dont tunnel... or their switch dropped on the frames they could see you after you got unhooked LMFAO

    Anyways, I quite enjoy the post game chat. I've had more positive than negative moments in there so far. Only have run into a couple of cocky, snotty nurse mains so far LOL

    I play on switch too and it's deifnitely the least toxic of the platforms (maybe next to mobile but idk).

    @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522789#Comment_1522789

    If they have no evidence of hacks and cheats in the game, nothing will happen to you.

    "However people will always find a way to be toxic."

    I couldn't disagree with this. But if the final chat is deleted the game will be less toxic.

    I know nothing will happen but getting five comments in a row of "-rep ez hacks reported lagging #########" is pretty disheartening to see and can actually ruin your reputation; I've had someone literally say "I was gonna say gg but I checked your profile and no you're a #########".

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522813#Comment_1522813

    I play on switch too and it's deifnitely the least toxic of the platforms (maybe next to mobile but idk).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522810#Comment_1522810

    I know nothing will happen but getting five comments in a row of "-rep ez hacks reported lagging #########" is pretty disheartening to see and can actually ruin your reputation; I've had someone literally say "I was gonna say gg but I checked your profile and no you're a #########".

    Oh word? If you're red or purple rank I wonder if we've ever played together LOL

    My favorite thing about switch is that the playerbase is small enough that you can constantly run into the same players over and over again. I lowkey feel like that helps cut out the toxicity, too- you rarely feel the need to take out anything on a random cause you know you're gonna see that !&@&#* survivor who did you dirty on another game and he WILL be dealt with LOL

  • just a reminder that a button to disable it exists

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522823#Comment_1522823

    Oh word? If you're red or purple rank I wonder if we've ever played together LOL

    My favorite thing about switch is that the playerbase is small enough that you can constantly run into the same players over and over again. I lowkey feel like that helps cut out the toxicity, too- you rarely feel the need to take out anything on a random cause you know you're gonna see that !&@&#* survivor who did you dirty on another game and he WILL be dealt with LOL

    Oh no I should've clarified.

    I play on switch too SOMETIMES, with my main account on PC. But when cross-progression releases I'll probably be playing on it more.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    The best solution devs can do with the toxicity would be to remove the final chat from the match. By doing they can also remove the report for insults because it will no longer be necessary.

    Change my mind.

    i mean the end chat is a good way to discuss strategy what went wrong what people was doing and make new friends too, why they would remove something like that just because you cant ignore a random ######### being toxic ? its more your fault than anyone else

  • Or you know just close the chat box.

    Fun fact: If you close the chat box for one match, you never have to re-close it again. It stays closed.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522813#Comment_1522813

    I play on switch too and it's deifnitely the least toxic of the platforms (maybe next to mobile but idk).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522810#Comment_1522810

    I know nothing will happen but getting five comments in a row of "-rep ez hacks reported lagging #########" is pretty disheartening to see and can actually ruin your reputation; I've had someone literally say "I was gonna say gg but I checked your profile and no you're a #########".

    Noone cares about those expect the ones looking for swf, thus you can delete those comments or put them on friends only.

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522823#Comment_1522823

    Noone cares about those expect the ones looking for swf, thus you can delete those comments or put them on friends only.

    Idk you'd be surprised how many survivors have said that lol

    I don't like deleting comments for personal reasons and like I've said, I've met great friends by it being on public. I don't want to lose the chance to meet people because of some people.

    But again, people will always find a way to be toxic. Removing endgame chat won't change that. Just close it if you have an issue.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    The best solution devs can do with the toxicity would be to remove the final chat from the match. By doing they can also remove the report for insults because it will no longer be necessary.

    Change my mind.

    Close chat, bc I like the way it is atm so I can 💩 on peeps

  • RedCircleChat.PNG

    If you press that button, the chat box goes away and won't reopen until you choose to do so yourself.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522772#Comment_1522772

    I was waiting for an answer like this. I do not feel comfortable having doubts about what they have said in the chat about me.

    You dont actually know these people, they aren't a part of your life. What they say in a game chat should not matter to you.

    People take this game way too seriously.

    What they say doesn't matter and you shouldnt let it affect you. Just play the game and have fun and don't take it personally. Its not real life. Just a game.

  • Just leave the game immediately, after the match ends, you can’t see the game chat if you were never around to see what happened

  • With such a radical point of view on the chat I don't know if I can change your mind.

    But what about the people who actually enjoy the chat feature? Just take it away from them? That alone should be reason enough to keep it. Just allow people to opt out of the chat if they dislike it that much; I see no reason to take it away from the other people that do.

  • Chat isn't the problem of toxic players (both sides). Removing it wont do anything. Also, if you're annoyed by the content of the chat box, then don't open it. It's that simple!