Can you guys unlink Janes head from the set pls

From the patch notes my understanding was that a set is 2 or more cosmetics linked together to stop clipping issues. We could see this with the Nea outfit with the bald spot in the back of her head which makes sense. However, for Jane it does not as there is no reason for why her head shouldn’t be unlinked since I’m decently confident that there would be no issues with mixing them. If you guys could pls consider it, it would be greatly appreciated towards all of us Jane mains. <3 @Peanits @Almo

Comments

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520592#Comment_1520592

    Actually, yes it is.

    Digital artists have much lower qualifications and are paid less than most coders. Hiring a coder costs more than an artist.

    and you think a 113 Million dollar company should be greedy about hiring coders to fix their game but instead STILL search for maximum money generation at all costs to the consumer?

  • This is one of the linked cosmetics I don't get why are a full 3 set piece. Why can't the head be separate?

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522664#Comment_1522664

    So your evidence is that one person in the company being able to do multiple tasks and you immediately assume that every person who works on the art knows how to do the same.

    Please never get into law enforcement you might arrest or prosecute everyone because they had the slightly similar green shirt to the Killer

    provide me with a proof that there is an acutal “ Art team” in this game and I will leave you alone.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1518572#Comment_1518572

    No, that's not it.

    I'm gonna just copy-paste what I always have to say.

    You're aware that the "dev team" isn't one team, right? There are multiple separate teams working simultaneously on both balance, bug fixing, and revenue (AKA cosmetics).

    Not only that, but cosmetics don't take as long to implement as bug fixes.

    And don't say "wEll tHEn pUt mOre PeOPle oN bUgs" because most digital artists have little to no experience with code or troubleshooting bugs in general.

    And this isn't a funding issue either; the art team likely generates its own revenue through the selling of cosmetics. The bug fix team is doing a fine job, and BHVR isn't just looking for a quick buck like you're saying they are.

    "the bug fix team is doing a fine job"

    You're freaking hilarious, mate.

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1522744#Comment_1522744

    provide me with a proof that there is an acutal “ Art team” in this game and I will leave you alone.

    Leave me alone bud this is the first time I've ever commented on what you were saying

  • I already saw this coming when the cosmetics were leaked... sets being arbitrarily linked for no good reason. For example the Jane skin; it makes sense why the dress (torso & legs) are linked together, but why can’t we buy the headpiece separately? It just feels very anti consumer to me... like we are paying the same price but getting way less value now.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    I already saw this coming when the cosmetics were leaked... sets being arbitrarily linked for no good reason. For example the Jane skin; it makes sense why the dress (torso & legs) are linked together, but why can’t we buy the headpiece separately? It just feels very anti consumer to me... like we are paying the same price but getting way less value now.

    Like I said multiple times, I don't think they made a way to link only two pieces together and are too lazy to admit it.

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1523502#Comment_1523502

    Like I said multiple times, I don't think they made a way to link only two pieces together and are too lazy to admit it.

    That's probably what happened. But they never should have said that sets are "2 or more pieces" in the patch notes.

  • This thread is just sad. The whining and entitledness of some members of the community never ceases to amaze me. Honestly, this thread should be closed for some of the harassment people are already facing over opinions on cosmetics.

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1518613#Comment_1518613

    THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG!!!

    Because I watched dev stream and one of them was explaining how he changed the Nurse and said he will also be working on an out fit for clown.

    I can provide you with a proof, just ask.

    Now, tell me if what you were saying actually came out of a mouth of a developer or some random dev-lover guy.

    That one person is the exception, not the rule.

    That is, assuming you didn't misinterpret what they said.

    And my information comes from this neat thing called

    COMMON SENSE and HOW ANY COMPANY IS RUN.

    I can't believe I actually had to explain that.

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1518613#Comment_1518613

    THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG!!!

    Because I watched dev stream and one of them was explaining how he changed the Nurse and said he will also be working on an out fit for clown.

    I can provide you with a proof, just ask.

    Now, tell me if what you were saying actually came out of a mouth of a developer or some random dev-lover guy.

    No, he is very right.


    The people who make cosmetics don’t work on balance as thats not their profession. Let me use an example using gardening



    One guy is good at planting seeds but he is terrible at collecting the fruit it gives when it grows, while another guy is terrible at planting seeds properly but he is good at collecting the fruit it gives. While they can do the thing they are bad at its NOT a good idea. Let me convert this into the art/design team and the team that balances the game.

    The art/design team is good at designing the cosmetics or how killers/survivors look but are bad at balancing the game, while the team that does the balancing is good at keeping the game balanced out and not busted while they are not good at creating cosmetics.

    The person you mentioned (I wonder which stream btw) could be good at both, but you cannot force a team that cannot balance the game or fix its bugs when they can’t do that

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1523502#Comment_1523502

    Like I said multiple times, I don't think they made a way to link only two pieces together and are too lazy to admit it.

    But then why would they say that a set is 2 or more pieces linked?

  • @JacksonWise said:

    This thread is just sad. The whining and entitledness of some members of the community never ceases to amaze me. Honestly, this thread should be closed for some of the harassment people are already facing over opinions on cosmetics.

    i don’t think there’s any harassment going on in this thread? We’re all allowed to share our thoughts on the game

  • Ok so the thread got moved hopefully they’ll read it

  • I was also dissapointed when I realized she had brown hair instead of the glorious blond hair with sparkle that appeared in the greek collection trailer.

  • @TargaryenChild said:

    I was also dissapointed when I realized she had brown hair instead of the glorious blond hair with sparkle that appeared in the greek collection trailer.

    Yeah it really sucks I’m not sure how that happens with the teams.

  • I hope we get an answer on this one day. I'll keep trying.

  • @Volfawott said:

    If you really want just the head just do the Nea thing.

    Go to the store then go full outfits buy one of her Brown recolors equipped it. That should keep the Greek legends head cosmetic on leave the store and then you're able to change the top and the bottoms freely.

    If you change the head cosmetic you will have to repeat the process.

    Do not buy the set and use this with the guarantee that you can mix and match with the head thinking it's going to remain forever as it's possible that it could be patched out so unless you want to do full cosmetic I suggest you don't try

    i didn't know her head does the same as nea did.

  • It doesn't. That's been patched.

  • @Folklore said:

    I'm disappointed with the entire Jane outfit. I don't understand why it's linked - if it's the dress, then just link the dress together? Also in the promo pictures her hair looked blonde, and I'm disappointed it wasn't. I was really looking forward to it.

    Tbh, I don't understand linked outfits as a whole. Why do we need them? Legendary ones I can understand, complex killer ones I can see, but why the rest? I remember being severely let down when the last Nea outfit was linked.

    most of the link outfits are disappointing.

  • It got patched sadly

  • Maybe if we get 10 pages of comments like the FPS we can get a response

  • Don't you dare think I've forgotten about this thread yet :)

  • Can we get a response pls

  • @Adriang14 said:

    Can we get a response pls

    Don't worry. I'll bump this thread at least once a week until we get some kind of explanation. I don't even need to be told that it can't happen. I just want a reason why it can't if there is one, because it makes no sense why the head can't be unlinked.

    If you wanna keep cosmetic sets to 3 pieces. Fine. But don't put in your patch notes that these sets are "2 or more" pieces then.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1552918#Comment_1552918

    Don't worry. I'll bump this thread at least once a week until we get some kind of explanation. I don't even need to be told that it can't happen. I just want a reason why it can't if there is one, because it makes no sense why the head can't be unlinked.

    If you wanna keep cosmetic sets to 3 pieces. Fine. But don't put in your patch notes that these sets are "2 or more" pieces then.

    You and me are gonna have to keep this thread alive because I feel like we do deserve some explanation.

1 2 ›