Billy no longer keeps his charge after being stunned.
I don't play Billy much because I'm really bad at him, but I've been playing around with him recently and I noticed a change that I didn't see in any of the patch notes. His charge meter doesn't retain any of its charge after you're stunned by a pallet. This used to be a useful feature that allowed you to break pallets faster when combined with Enduring. Is this a bug, or a nerf to Billy that the devs didn't tell us about?
Edit: For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can see it in action in this video at around 8:20
https://youtu.be/AiNxMJA_ZNg
Comments
Does it retain in the first place?
Before the hotfix, it was a well-known feature among billy players. If you look up billy videos you're sure to see it be used somewhere. During the stun animation, the charge meter didn't reset, it just went down over time as if you stopped holding M2. So if you had Enduring, you would have some charge left after the pallet stun which you could use to start your sprint quicker.
Sounds more like a bug than a feature tbh
I don't believe it was supposed to do that but I could be wrong.
Well it's been around for years, so I assumed they knew about it.
Sounds like it shouldn't be that way. Maybe they fixed it. Considering that you have an add-on that let's you charge faster if you get stunned, I'm certain they would have addressed it.
That's a very bold assumption. Remember, this is BHVR we're talking about, they didn't do anything about flashlights until McCote got obliterated by a swf death squad
Base charge time for the CS was 5 seconds, I believe without add-ons. Enduring took a stun to 2 seconds before you could interact. I don't think a 2 second difference is much. Can you show me a video of the old stun?
Okay but if they did "fix" it, how come they never mentioned it in the patch notes?
Those numbers are way too high. I'm not even sure if the default pallet stun lasts 2 seconds. I'll see if I can find a clip though.
That's not using add-ons to reduce CS rev time and Enduring was 1.5 seconds but now its 2 seconds.
Edit: I was adding the 2 movement speed add-ons to get 5 seconds. Its 2.5 and 3.5 when breaking a pallet. Just tested it in KYFs. My bad.
According to the wiki, 2 seconds is the default stun duration and Enduring reduces it to 1 second.
Also, I included a video with the tech being used in the original post.
Thank you. It's either a bug or it was removed. I'm gonna say bug but I could be wrong. With Enduring, there was a time after DS was changed that they increased the stun time with Enduring to help DS and once it was changed, Enduring had an increase time. Now Enduring says 50%. Not sure it they fixed it awhile back but I do know some testing was done and it was proven back then that Enduring was accidentally nerfed.
It's a pretty significant change though, it's weird that they didn't mention it at all.
I would assume Bug. You should make a bug report and see if you can get an answer.
Oh you meant that removing it was a bug? I'll try putting up a report then.
Yes. I doubt they meant to remove it. Otherwise, they would have mentioned it in the patch notes.
I'm pretty sure it was not a bug that it's been removed, but something that was fixed when they added the overheat mechanic. I always considered that a gray-area exploit.
it is? then is fixed only took liek 2 or 3 years. was unfair that you could keep your charge, u were stunned after all u shouldnt keep your progress
That's why People use Enduring in Billy. It also worked on Leatherface.
I hope it's a bug that it doesn't work.
It makes sense to me. If you stopped holding M2, it does the same thing. While you're getting stunned by a pallet, you're not holding the charge so it should go down naturally.