Is the Plague vomit angle change intentional or not?

Patch 4.1.0 changed the angle of the vomit. It arcs much higher than before. Is this intentional or a bug?

@Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

The search function is still broken so if an answer to this already exists I can't properly search for it, if such a post exists please post a link.

Comments

  • It would be good to know!

  • All I know is that I am a wreck with that new angle and can't play her unless it's permanent and I have to get used to it.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    All I know is that I am a wreck with that new angle and can't play her unless it's permanent and I have to get used to it.

    can't play her unless it's permanent and I have to get used to it.

    This is the same issue I have. With the new angle you essentially have to re-learn how to aim but doing so is a waste of time if it's not intentional and will be fixed.

  • It's not exactly a new angle, her camera just went down a bit, it's really bad. I hope it gets fixed really soon.

  • There is a bug report with status "ACKNOWLEDGED", so it's probably a bug and not intentional:

    @tlehky said:

    I assume that the vomiting is some interpolation of parabola; something like p = -k*x^2. (^2 == squared) where x is Real etc.

    The angle at which plague vomits has changed drastically, it has increased; its insanely annoying and I cannot get over it and play her like this.

    At this point when you spawn and puke, you throw up high into air (" parabola " going through maximum and then falling off down; Now it literally feels like an artillery kekw.

    Before current patch; when you spawned and puked with the same camera angle, the result would look something like the same parabola, but it wouldnt puke through the maximum, it would be falling off straight from the begining. It felt as if the origin of the vomit was the maximum point of parabola [her mouth];

    (in my mind, the point where the height of vomit either stops increasing or starts decreasing/decaying is the maximum of p)

    At the current patch, playing plague and puking directly on people is impossible for me, because you literally have to watch into the ground to vomit at them - at this point you cant even see them properly lol.

    Found this by manually going through the Bug Reports subforum as the search is still broken for me.

  • God this Plague is the funniest, who likes to dance on her own, not caring if the world watches her or not!

  • They released a hotfix patch without even mentioning Plague. What gives? Is she THAT irrelevant to them?

  • @Canas said:

    They released a hotfix patch without even mentioning Plague. What gives? Is she THAT irrelevant to them?

    The sound bug is fixed according to this post:

    @Ivon_BHVR said:

    Hey, thanks!

    The sickness sound bug should be fixed this upcoming 4.1.1 hot fix. There might still be a little bit of issue where they only start coughing a few seconds in, but we're already looking into that. If the sound is still completely broken then, feel free to open a separate thread for this.

    Cheers.

    I don't know why this wasn't listed in the patch notes though.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515246#Comment_1515246

    The sound bug is fixed according to this post:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512429#Comment_1512429

    I don't know why this wasn't listed in the patch notes though.

    And what about the issues regarding her aim? Why is such a glaring issue not being addressed?

  • Even just an acknowledgement as to whether it's intended or a bug would be nice. I need to know if this is something we have to get used to.

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515254#Comment_1515254

    And what about the issues regarding her aim? Why is such a glaring issue not being addressed?

    It's not in the patch notes because it's not fixed yet, but I have no idea why no one is confirming if whether it's a bug or intentional.

    @Blueberry said:

    Even just an acknowledgement as to whether it's intended or a bug would be nice. I need to know if this is something we have to get used to.

    Yes this is super weird. It's super simple to confirm that it's a bug or not.

  • Ah I'm glad someone else noticed, I thought i was going crazy. Looks like they made it function like the clown's bottle throw? So you need to stare at the ground to through straight ahead..

  • @lucid4444 said:

    Ah I'm glad someone else noticed, I thought i was going crazy. Looks like they made it function like the clown's bottle throw? So you need to stare at the ground to through straight ahead..

    Pretty much. It's pretty bad for anyone who has played a lot of Plague before as now your aim will be super off.

  • It's a bug, much like the weird flashlight angle. And the devs already said it will be fixed SOON™

    I played her for the first time this week and went like "DAMN, the aiming is hard", hahaha

  • @pedroframil said:

    It's a bug, much like the weird flashlight angle. And the devs already said it will be fixed SOON™

    I played her for the first time this week and went like "DAMN, the aiming is hard", hahaha

    And the devs already said it will be fixed SOON™

    Do you remember where? I haven't seen such a post and the search is broken so I can't look for it.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515400#Comment_1515400

    And the devs already said it will be fixed SOON™

    Do you remember where? I haven't seen such a post and the search is broken so I can't look for it.

    I remember someone quoting here on another post about this bug. And I also think there was a message running on McLean's stream (he is one of the devs and also a twitch streamer) saying the staff acknowledges the bugs and are working on them.