Does mmr count dcs as kills?

With the new mmr were supposed to play to the best of our ability but everytime i slug for a 4k the 3rd survivor dcs so i get a 3k at most (if dc doesnt count as a kill)Idk why survivors still do this when the mmr system encourages us to play our best. Its pretty annoying.

Comments

  • If a dc is a kill then the dc player will likely lose mmr for it. Effectively reducing the competency of there teammates and reducing likelihood of playing against them. It's not obvious but its a clever way to put all the dc players into there own little queue. You still get points and I thought it still counts as a kill. I'm pretty sure there's a hook quota you have to hit in dbd not just all 4 dead survivors. Its weird but that system likely doesn't matter and as said above them tanking there mmr dcing is gonna be very costly for them. Its all guesswork but well see soon.

  • @Zarathos said:

    If a dc is a kill then the dc player will likely lose mmr for it. Effectively reducing the competency of there teammates and reducing likelihood of playing against them. It's not obvious but its a clever way to put all the dc players into there own little queue. You still get points and I thought it still counts as a kill. I'm pretty sure there's a hook quota you have to hit in dbd not just all 4 dead survivors. Its weird but that system likely doesn't matter and as said above them tanking there mmr dcing is gonna be very costly for them. Its all guesswork but well see soon.

    Even if it were the case, playing in an swf would prevent the quitter from getting rank 20 teammates.

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512488#Comment_1512488

    Even if it were the case, playing in an swf would prevent the quitter from getting rank 20 teammates.

    You not going to always have 3 people around to play with you.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512497#Comment_1512497

    You not going to always have 3 people around to play with you.

    Would you even need 3 teammates? The quitter isn't the only one getting their mmr checked for a match up.

  • Ummm, I guess don't slug for the 4k, it is a lazy, cheap play anyway. Can't be pissed at people for leaving at that.

  • No one knows, because devs have decided they're not going to tell us our MMR or how to raise or lower it.

  • @alaenyia said:

    Ummm, I guess don't slug for the 4k, it is a lazy, cheap play anyway. Can't be pissed at people for leaving at that.

    Sure, and just accept, that doesn' t matter how good I played, I can't get 4 kills? Seem fair...

  • @alaenyia said:

    Ummm, I guess don't slug for the 4k, it is a lazy, cheap play anyway. Can't be pissed at people for leaving at that.

    How is slugging lazy and cheap, it prevents hatch which is the cheapest thing in the game... it’s the participation trophy of DBD

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527283#Comment_1527283

    How is slugging lazy and cheap, it prevents hatch which is the cheapest thing in the game... it’s the participation trophy of DBD

    Umm, hatch is already killer sided, so there is only a small chance to even get it. And slugging so you cheat the survivor out of even a chance is lame and cheap. Just race them to the hatch. That is the fair and intended way to play.

    @Bigyo369 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527283#Comment_1527283

    Sure, and just accept, that doesn' t matter how good I played, I can't get 4 kills? Seem fair...

    If you have to slug to 4k you didn't play well and don't "deserve" the 4k. Actually downing hooking and killing people earns you the 4k. Just get good and you won't have to resort to cheap tactics.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527294#Comment_1527294

    Umm, hatch is already killer sided, so there is only a small chance to even get it. And slugging so you cheat the survivor out of even a chance is lame and cheap. Just race them to the hatch. That is the fair and intended way to play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527289#Comment_1527289

    If you have to slug to 4k you didn't play well and don't "deserve" the 4k. Actually downing hooking and killing people earns you the 4k. Just get good and you won't have to resort to cheap tactics.

    I meant slugging the 3rd to get the 4th, not slugging all.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527283#Comment_1527283

    How is slugging lazy and cheap, it prevents hatch which is the cheapest thing in the game... it’s the participation trophy of DBD

    Don't bother, they aren't gonna change their mind. They have their mind made up

  • @alaenyia said:

    Ummm, I guess don't slug for the 4k, it is a lazy, cheap play anyway. Can't be pissed at people for leaving at that.

    Slugging for the 4k is cheap. Sure.

    Not like there's *multiple counters to slugging* or anything.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527283#Comment_1527283

    Slugging for the 4k is cheap. Sure.

    Not like there's *multiple counters to slugging* or anything.

    Sorry all the perk slots are full having to run DS and BT because of all the rampant camping and tunneling going on. If only I didn't have to counter all the unsportsmanlike gameplay and could just run whatever build I wanted, that would be living the dream.

  • @Bigyo369 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529463#Comment_1529463

    I meant slugging the 3rd to get the 4th, not slugging all.

    It is absolutely slugging and one of the crappiest kinds. Maybe just get better and you wouldn't have to resort to lazy game play like slugging.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1530566#Comment_1530566

    It is absolutely slugging and one of the crappiest kinds. Maybe just get better and you wouldn't have to resort to lazy game play like slugging.

    I’m sorry, when you hook the 3rd and the last survivor immediately hops into hatch how should the killer “get better,” in that situation?

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527294#Comment_1527294

    Umm, hatch is already killer sided, so there is only a small chance to even get it. And slugging so you cheat the survivor out of even a chance is lame and cheap. Just race them to the hatch. That is the fair and intended way to play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527289#Comment_1527289

    If you have to slug to 4k you didn't play well and don't "deserve" the 4k. Actually downing hooking and killing people earns you the 4k. Just get good and you won't have to resort to cheap tactics.

    See my question above. If I hook every 3 times exactly the last person who had been hooked twice and is siitting on the hatch as his teammate dies what did I do wrong as the killer?

  • I think a dc doesn't count as a kill. It certainly doesn't for tome challenges so I feel like MMR is the same.

  • I would assume it does not, so the game counts a 3 kill and 1 DC as a 3k game. Although you get DC points per DC.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529463#Comment_1529463

    See my question above. If I hook every 3 times exactly the last person who had been hooked twice and is siitting on the hatch as his teammate dies what did I do wrong as the killer?

    You did not beat him to the hatch. So he escapes perfectly fairly.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527294#Comment_1527294

    Umm, hatch is already killer sided, so there is only a small chance to even get it. And slugging so you cheat the survivor out of even a chance is lame and cheap. Just race them to the hatch. That is the fair and intended way to play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527289#Comment_1527289

    If you have to slug to 4k you didn't play well and don't "deserve" the 4k. Actually downing hooking and killing people earns you the 4k. Just get good and you won't have to resort to cheap tactics.

    Slugging is perfectly with in the rules of dbd.


    DCing is not. Youre making a silly argument

  • @supersonic853 said:

    With the new mmr were supposed to play to the best of our ability but everytime i slug for a 4k the 3rd survivor dcs so i get a 3k at most (if dc doesnt count as a kill)Idk why survivors still do this when the mmr system encourages us to play our best. Its pretty annoying.

    they did not tell us what makes MMR go up or down, this is because they did not want people to game the system. honestly if dc does reduce their mmr it's even more of an exploit than before.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541245#Comment_1541245

    I’m sorry, when you hook the 3rd and the last survivor immediately hops into hatch how should the killer “get better,” in that situation?

    Exactly. I don't understand why people ignore facts, like hatch is a bad game mechanic, or slugging the 3rd survivor is needed to secure the 4th kill, otherwise it's just RNG.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529463#Comment_1529463

    Slugging is perfectly with in the rules of dbd.

    DCing is not. Youre making a silly argument

    I would argue that DCing is not against the rules, you just have to be willing to accept the consequences (I.E. loss of points, loss of pips, occassionally a time penalty. etc). But the option is still readily available within the game.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541908#Comment_1541908

    I would argue that DCing is not against the rules, you just have to be willing to accept the consequences (I.E. loss of points, loss of pips, occassionally a time penalty. etc). But the option is still readily available within the game.

    If there are consequences then there must be rules that when broken result in tge consequnces. Again, this is a silly argument youre making. Im not sure if youre a kid or what but its important to think through your arguments before making them. Hopefully you do that more irl.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543448#Comment_1543448

    If there are consequences then there must be rules that when broken result in tge consequnces. Again, this is a silly argument youre making. Im not sure if youre a kid or what but its important to think through your arguments before making them. Hopefully you do that more irl.

    Well I am 42, so it is not my supposed youth getting in the way of our communication. If BHVR/Devs believed DCing was illegal for game play there would not be a "Leave Match" button, you would be forced to close the game. So it is not against the rules, just socially frowned upon just like face-camp is frowned upon resulting in BT and tunneling is frowned upon resulting in DS and Slugging is frowned upon resulting in Unbreakable. Everything has a check and balance here. What I am saying is you are not in prison here, just a game, and have zero obligation to stay and play with anyone who is being unsavory. If killers suffer enough people unwilling to play with them maybe they will rethink their supposed "strategies" that just really ruin the game for 4 people.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543460#Comment_1543460

    Well I am 42, so it is not my supposed youth getting in the way of our communication. If BHVR/Devs believed DCing was illegal for game play there would not be a "Leave Match" button, you would be forced to close the game. So it is not against the rules, just socially frowned upon just like face-camp is frowned upon resulting in BT and tunneling is frowned upon resulting in DS and Slugging is frowned upon resulting in Unbreakable. Everything has a check and balance here. What I am saying is you are not in prison here, just a game, and have zero obligation to stay and play with anyone who is being unsavory. If killers suffer enough people unwilling to play with them maybe they will rethink their supposed "strategies" that just really ruin the game for 4 people.

    Theres a leave match button in case of emergencies. Rage quitting is explicitly against the rules without question. Its unfortunate you arent a kid, then this argument would make sense. Face camping is not against the rules, though it is frowned upon. People have been banned for dcing, nobody has been banned for face camping. And no, no killers are suffering from you dcing, its the remaining survivors that suffer. Killers just recognize that and sometimes try and be nice.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1544568#Comment_1544568

    Theres a leave match button in case of emergencies. Rage quitting is explicitly against the rules without question. Its unfortunate you arent a kid, then this argument would make sense. Face camping is not against the rules, though it is frowned upon. People have been banned for dcing, nobody has been banned for face camping. And no, no killers are suffering from you dcing, its the remaining survivors that suffer. Killers just recognize that and sometimes try and be nice.

    It is literally the only way a survivor can show a killer that their behavior is unacceptable, spicy post chat is just not detrimental enough. There was a marked increase in camp/tunnel/slug with the introduction of the DC penalty system. Why? Because killers knew that you were trapped with them and their behavior now had no consequences. But now it is gone, and it has improved. Unfortunately console players are really awful with the sportsmanship, but I found out just today I can opt out of playing with them, so win/win.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1544590#Comment_1544590

    It is literally the only way a survivor can show a killer that their behavior is unacceptable, spicy post chat is just not detrimental enough. There was a marked increase in camp/tunnel/slug with the introduction of the DC penalty system. Why? Because killers knew that you were trapped with them and their behavior now had no consequences. But now it is gone, and it has improved. Unfortunately console players are really awful with the sportsmanship, but I found out just today I can opt out of playing with them, so win/win.

    Doesnt matter. Its against the rules. This is stupud simple. As far as the killers are concerned, like i said its not tgem thats suffering, its the survivors you just left. I had games where i was losing till someine dcd and came back and won. Camping/slugging/tunneling was there before and aftet the dc penalty. No amount of dcing or messages is going to change that

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1530600#Comment_1530600

    Sorry all the perk slots are full having to run DS and BT because of all the rampant camping and tunneling going on. If only I didn't have to counter all the unsportsmanlike gameplay and could just run whatever build I wanted, that would be living the dream.

    So basically, you're over-exaggerating how much tunneling/camping goes on, or your in game behavior is causing you to be tunneled/camped.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1544590#Comment_1544590

    It is literally the only way a survivor can show a killer that their behavior is unacceptable, spicy post chat is just not detrimental enough. There was a marked increase in camp/tunnel/slug with the introduction of the DC penalty system. Why? Because killers knew that you were trapped with them and their behavior now had no consequences. But now it is gone, and it has improved. Unfortunately console players are really awful with the sportsmanship, but I found out just today I can opt out of playing with them, so win/win.

    Aight. I am now justified to DC as soon as a survivor teabags or flashlight clicks to show that this behavior is not ok.