Damn...that's humiliating

In my own defense, I got 2 hooked, camped and then hooked to death on the spot. He didn't place a single trap I don't think but I was just paranoid.

20200804120433_1.jpg


Comments

  • Not really humilating. Ranks are not used for matchmaking anymore

  • @Bjario said:

    Not really humilating. Ranks are not used for matchmaking anymore

    Yup. And looking at the perks, I'd say both sides had about the same amount of experience.

  • @Bjario said:

    Not really humilating. Ranks are not used for matchmaking anymore

    I think he's a legit yellow rank. It took him 2 gens to get to the first chase and I searched the entire map for traps. Not a single one. And he didn't attempt a single mindgame.

    What I found surprising was how the bill in my team played. It was weird and he got tunneled out of the game first. Can't blame the killer, he was hiding at corners.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508351#Comment_1508351

    Yup. And looking at the perks, I'd say both sides had about the same amount of experience.

    Really? He has 1 Trapper perk and 3 general perks, seems pretty indicative of a new player to me

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508354#Comment_1508354

    Really? He has 1 Trapper perk and 3 general perks, seems pretty indicative of a new player to me

    I was focusing more on the tiers of the perks. Also, Bitter Murmur+NOED is a very "old school", yet effective combo. It'd explain the rank 20 as well.

  • @Bjario said:

    Not really humilating. Ranks are not used for matchmaking anymore

    Wait. When a low rank killer gets wrecked by high ranked survivors, the MMR is considered crap and does not work, "look at the ranks!!1!", but when a low rank killer wrecks high rank survivors "well, ranks don't matter". I'm not talking about you specifically, but the general notion of this forum.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508358#Comment_1508358

    I was focusing more on the tiers of the perks. Also, Bitter Murmur+NOED is a very "old school", yet effective combo. It'd explain the rank 20 as well.

    When you have a total of ten-ish perks to pick from, you get to max tiers fairly quickly.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508351#Comment_1508351

    I think he's a legit yellow rank. It took him 2 gens to get to the first chase and I searched the entire map for traps. Not a single one. And he didn't attempt a single mindgame.

    What I found surprising was how the bill in my team played. It was weird and he got tunneled out of the game first. Can't blame the killer, he was hiding at corners.

    Yeah alright fair enough. But he still won though didn't he :)

  • @DecemberMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508351#Comment_1508351

    Wait. When a low rank killer gets wrecked by high ranked survivors, the MMR is considered crap and does not work, "look at the ranks!!1!", but when a low rank killer wrecks high rank survivors "well, ranks don't matter". I'm not talking about you specifically, but the general notion of this forum.

    Well I get your point, but the ranks are not used for mmr anymore as of yesterday though

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508362#Comment_1508362

    When you have a total of ten-ish perks to pick from, you get to max tiers fairly quickly.

    Fair enough.

    @DecemberMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508351#Comment_1508351

    Wait. When a low rank killer gets wrecked by high ranked survivors, the MMR is considered crap and does not work, "look at the ranks!!1!", but when a low rank killer wrecks high rank survivors "well, ranks don't matter". I'm not talking about you specifically, but the general notion of this forum.

    Consider the following:

    Assuming this killer's MMR is low and the survivors' is high, the killer's MMR is now inflated by having gone up against players with a higher MMR who massively ######### up. This killer will then face high-MMR survivors as a low-MMR killer and will be absolutely destroyed, which may prompt a thread on the subject to be created. You see where I'm going with this?

  • @Bjario said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508357#Comment_1508357

    Yeah alright fair enough. But he still won though didn't he :)

    😭

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508365#Comment_1508365

    Fair enough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508363#Comment_1508363

    Consider the following:

    Assuming this killer's MMR is low and the survivors' is high, the killer's MMR is now inflated by having gone up against players with a higher MMR who massively ######### up. This killer will then face high-MMR survivors as a low-MMR killer and will be absolutely destroyed, which may prompt a thread on the subject to be created. You see where I'm going with this?

    Yes, he will go against much higher MMR, get his ass kicked and then the MMR will more or less even itself out (after a few more matches). This is how MMR works. It's not his fault, or the MMRs, these high ranks played like potatoes, even though, according to the OP, he did not even use traps.

  • @DecemberMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508375#Comment_1508375

    Yes, he will go against much higher MMR, get his ass kicked and then the MMR will more or less even itself out (after a few more matches). This is how MMR works. It's not his fault, or the MMRs, these high ranks played like potatoes, even though, according to the OP, he did not even use traps.

    Exactly. MMR will essentially throw you against both ends of the pool and try to figure out just the right depth for you. It's like when you're searching for a number and just know if the number is higher or lower than your guess - you continuously divide intervals in two until you get the right number. In fact, I'm betting that's exactly how it works, since it'd lead to a very good estimate over 10 trials.

  • Killer could be a player who was Red rank but didnt play for a long time (requires 5months at best from Red drop to Brown)

    I was Purple Survivor and didnt play for a year, Rank17 and still have better BP than Green ranks, or even Purple.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Killer could be a player who was Red rank but didnt play for a long time (requires 5months at best from Red drop to Brown)

    I was Purple Survivor and didnt play for a year, Rank17 and still have better BP than Green ranks, or even Purple.

    The killer is using unrelenting, which is one of the most useless killer perks. I highly doubt he was a red rank killer.

    @Zeus said:

    In my own defense, I got 2 hooked, camped and then hooked to death on the spot. He didn't place a single trap I don't think but I was just paranoid.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6WIX272JN36V/20200804120433-1.jpg

    What you have to have in mind is that it's incredibly easy to rank up as survivor, I've seen survivors with a player level less than 30 at red ranks.

    On the flip side I've been a rank 1 killer since 2018, however I recently took a break from DBD and I'm currently at green ranks. Due to the upcoming rift (before MMR) I was planning on staying at these ranks as I can't play as Wraith (i've never played him).