Legendary skin for Oni

Seriously? Why does the Minotaur have Kanabo? Usually, Legendary skins have something unique in addition to their appearance. I thought that in the Minotaur skin, Oni would run without a Kanabo, beat his fists during a rage, and he would have a different memento. Very sad.

image.png

P.s. I hope that in the future, when developers change the graphics and animations, they will give characters who have/will have Legendary skins, unique animations of abilities, memento, attacks, etc., as well as unique voice acting.

Comments

  • Massive disappointment, it's just a skin that should be purple. No animation, no voice. At least Lisa had something unique

  • Bhvr disappoints us again

  • I'm just sad because I think a minotaur killer would have been cool. It makes sense to have legendary skins on survivors because at the end of the day all survivors are just skins for your perk build aside from the loudness and what not. But killers could bring new powers...

  • @teamdehn said:

    I'm just sad because I think a minotaur killer would have been cool. It makes sense to have legendary skins on survivors because at the end of the day all survivors are just skins for your perk build aside from the loudness and what not. But killers could bring new powers...

    I am so bummed that we probably won't get a minotaur killer w/ map now. 😔

  • A bone made into a club would have been cool.

  • I must agree, I'm very dissapointed, it's just another overpriced skin...

  • They couldn't even be bothered to give The Minotaur a unique lobby pose like Garland...


    They went backwards on legendary feedback made them even less unique

  • And I thought Lisa Garland was bad. At least she had a lobby animation.

  • Yeah, but it looks cool.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Yeah, but it looks cool.

    If it was purple rarity, nobody would've said a word. Yet it is legendary quality and people were expecting him to have AT LEAST new lobby animation like Lisa Garland. He doesn't have even this. This skin is lackluster, lazy and is not worth money being asked for it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The only thing I don't understand with these killer sets is why the weapon is linked? Like yeah I get the body/head being linked, but why can't you use the weapon with other skins? It's not like the hands are super different?

    Cool skin but they really need a way to make 2 linked pieces instead of all 3.

    Same thing can be said about the new Jane skin, she doesn't need her head attached to the torso and legs, but they did that as well. So yeah, I totally agree. Like make the weapon (or for Jane her hair) seperate if you need the body peices to be together. It's really lazy on their behalf to link all 3 together.

  • I've been playing for 2+ years and I've never spent a dime on cosmetics

    Just ask this to yourself: a) Does this skin improve any aspect of my character? (apart from the appearance) b) Should I buy a 10$/15$ skin or is it better to spend this money on DLCs which give access to extra content (killer+survivor+perks)?

    Just my two cents

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I've been playing for 2+ years and I've never spent a dime on cosmetics

    Just ask this to yourself: a) Does this skin improve any aspect of my character? (apart from the appearance) b) Should I buy a 10$/15$ skin or is it better to spend this money on DLCs which give access to extra content (killer+survivor+perks)?

    Just my two cents

    Only times i buy cosmetics with aura cells is if i have some leftover from the Rift.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I've been playing for 2+ years and I've never spent a dime on cosmetics

    Just ask this to yourself: a) Does this skin improve any aspect of my character? (apart from the appearance) b) Should I buy a 10$/15$ skin or is it better to spend this money on DLCs which give access to extra content (killer+survivor+perks)?

    Just my two cents

    Good for you. I started playing recently and already spent some money on skins.

    Now, when i see how the devs treat the game, i regret every penny. Just bought a rift and im going to recycle those aurics for the next one. That's it from me. Dlc's are questionable too, i guess it depends on the killer.

  • I think this skin is awesome! However the fact that it’s legendary makes no sense. We literally have to pay more for a skin that we can’t actually customize to our liking which is by far the worst part. They took the ability to customize a skin away and just charged more for their efforts. Not to mention that he shouldn’t even be five dollars more because there’s nothing special about his model! I’m contemplating on getting this now it used to be without a doubt. Hopefully they don’t keep doing this in the future.

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    Bhvr disappoints us again

    As always i guess

  • Can you buy it with shards? I have plenty of those saved up but it seems like the good skins always require auric cells....

  • Meanwhile, Riot (or should I say Tencent) charges $15 for League of Legends skins on the daily, and people eat them up like candy... and they're not even worth it AT ALL... there are even a few that are $15 and are worse quality than the $10 and even $5 skins, having no new animations, particle effects or anything whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that there are even skins priced at $20 and $25, and no one complains about those.

    I think the Minotaur Oni looks fantastic. I would have liked for him to be using something other than the Kanabō, but it still looks great. His original animations work perfectly for the skin as well. The skins department really outdid themselves!

    Screenshot_5.png


  • It looks awesome though.

  • Not only that, but the nose ring (or whatever it is) can clip into the camera when in blood fury.

    It's neat, but not $15 neat IMO. It's like league skins, except only fraction of the value.

    like everyone wrote before:

    No new sounds, no new animations, no new visual FX, new sword but no club, can't mix and match pieces to make truly cursed outfits..... 15$ (2 DLC chapters).

  • @teamdehn said:

    I'm just sad because I think a minotaur killer would have been cool. It makes sense to have legendary skins on survivors because at the end of the day all survivors are just skins for your perk build aside from the loudness and what not. But killers could bring new powers...

    I don't think skins should ever have a mechanical difference, especially if you have to pay cells for them.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495377#Comment_1495377

    I don't think skins should ever have a mechanical difference, especially if you have to pay cells for them.

    I dont think skins should have mechanical differences, I just thought a minotaur killer would have been a cool addition. I doubt there will be one now that the oni has the skin

  • I was really disappointed that this skin costs more than 1080 auric cells.. I would have to buy the 20 $ pack just to get this skin. Well for me at least, it is definitely not worth it

  • Maybe he should have a hammer? Good skin, but kinda lame they didn't give it a unique weapon.

  • Yeah, it's just a normal DbD skin that's maybe worth $10 at most. Looks badass though.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @teamdehn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495579#Comment_1495579

    I dont think skins should have mechanical differences, I just thought a minotaur killer would have been a cool addition. I doubt there will be one now that the oni has the skin

    I see what you mean. I thought that too, but I guess they decided that they won't add a Minotaur anytime in the future. It makes sense though, they don't really use mythical creatures as killers in this game.

  • @Peanits @Almo Please take this feedback seriously. People are not happy and it's hurting your credibility with people who would normally give you the benefit of the doubt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If I'm paying roughly £11 for a skin (double the price of two full chapters, i would expect a unique skin for the power or weapon, new audio and maybe new power animations (like a bull charge). I'm usually pretty loose with my wallet when it comes to nice skins, but this...it's too much honey. I'd rather buy the rift pass where I get a new collection of charms and a few decent skins, all for a lesser price than one skin. At least leave the weapon unlinked and just link the body and head. It make's sense to link full sets for survivors but the weapon (besides Hag and Demogorgon for example) for Killers is separate from everything else.

    Wait so you are dissapointed that the dlc (gameplay) is cheap and the skins (you know cosmetics)are fair priced? At least compared to most games. I guess I cant really fathom what world you live in. Sounds backwards

  • I bought it anyway because I love minotaurs in all things. But I was very disappointed when I realized the rage weapon isn't a big battle-axe.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495402#Comment_1495402

    Wait so you are dissapointed that the dlc (gameplay) is cheap and the skins (you know cosmetics)are fair priced? At least compared to most games. I guess I cant really fathom what world you live in. Sounds backwards

    My thoughts exactly.

    DLC can actually change up gameplay while skins do nothing.

    You would think that the dlc's would cost more than skins, but luckily there are A LOT of people that like to play dress up with their characters.

  • Yes, I was really upset about it, but looking at the skin itself, they worked it out, but I agree that he shouldn't have a Kanabo because it would be like a Greek legend mixed with Japanese ?? like he transformed Katana into a sword ok, but what about Kanabo? an ax, even a club, should be known.