WHY ISN'T THIS BOTHERING ANYONE?!?

It's just collosally stupid to show the offerings that are brought into the match before the match actually loads. People just close the game when they see a mori or a map they don't like and waste everybody's time doing so. I already did a post about this topic but it just happened to me twice in a row and I'm pissed. The 2nd time someone actually messaged me and said "with mori loool!"

Just show the offerings while the camera spins around your character at the beginning of the match and that's it! It's as simple as that and would fix a problem that's been there since the beginning! But apparently I'm the only one who even cares.

Comments

  • DC penalties are reenabled. Sometimes these fellas are messaging because they cannot play/killing time.

  • That's no way to make a suggestion.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They'll DC out of the match if they see the Mori or map offering.

    Source: I DC against map offerings even if I missed the offerings screen and check via the pause menu. Flame me all you want but I don't like wasting my time playing against trash.

    Only way to fix it is to hide all offerings but they'll probably never do that.

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    DC penalties are reenabled. Sometimes these fellas are messaging because they cannot play/killing time.

    I don't think that disconnection penalties apply until the game loads in so those that disconnect because of offerings aren't hit by them.

  • @dumpmasta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

    You should experience the horror of a strode key offering in a balanced landing swf match my friend. Or an offering for Ormond with the auras the way they are.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487976#Comment_1487976

    You should experience the horror of a strode key offering in a balanced landing swf match my friend. Or an offering for Ormond with the auras the way they are.

    interesting...will keep an eye out for that.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    DC penalties are reenabled. Sometimes these fellas are messaging because they cannot play/killing time.

    DC penalties dont enable if you close out during the loading screen.

  • I main Huntress, you are out of your mind if you think im gonna play on Haddonfield or one of the other grabage tier maps- people who bring them know they are horrible killer maps

    Same for survivor, I don't bring keys, when I see a Mori I usually just dodge, I play for fun, sorry if thats too controversial

  • @dumpmasta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

    Because there are certain maps that people choose to hate. As survivor, I sometimes put hospital and hawkins. So many people dislike those maps but I love them. Certain perks work better on certain maps and certain killers have advantages on certain maps. In general, I wish that everyone would be open to playing on any map. No matter what happens in a game, there is always a chance to win and a chance to lose everytime. It is how people play which will make the difference.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487976#Comment_1487976

    You should experience the horror of a strode key offering in a balanced landing swf match my friend. Or an offering for Ormond with the auras the way they are.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    They'll DC out of the match if they see the Mori or map offering.

    Source: I DC against map offerings even if I missed the offerings screen and check via the pause menu. Flame me all you want but I don't like wasting my time playing against trash.

    Only way to fix it is to hide all offerings but they'll probably never do that.

    Responses like these are why nobody takes killers suggestions seriously. This is why evert killer suggestion comes from "entitled killer mains lol"


    It's not that hard. Just play the game. This is from a rank 1 Trapper main.

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487987#Comment_1487987

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    Responses like these are why nobody takes killers suggestions seriously. This is why evert killer suggestion comes from "entitled killer mains lol"

    It's not that hard. Just play the game. This is from a rank 1 Trapper main.

    Please. If you’re cool with it then that’s awesome of you, but a coordinated swf can completely screw your game with the right map. As a trapper you should understand this. For the rest of us, say huntresses starting at a Hawkins or nurse’s looking at a Lery’s it’s disheartening and just one more extreme advantage over you.

  • "Secret" offerings should be REALLY secret. They should not even appear on the screen, otherwise it's not secret. I'm tired by the fact survivors have so many informations about the killer build...

  • @dumpmasta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

    Ormond is a really strong survivor map, borderline unwinnable against good teams.

    Hawkins is a godlike hag map, very likely a loss for the survivors.

    I understand it, but i just play the match.

  • @Samwise444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487976#Comment_1487976

    Because there are certain maps that people choose to hate. As survivor, I sometimes put hospital and hawkins. So many people dislike those maps but I love them. Certain perks work better on certain maps and certain killers have advantages on certain maps. In general, I wish that everyone would be open to playing on any map. No matter what happens in a game, there is always a chance to win and a chance to lose everytime. It is how people play which will make the difference.

    I mostly agree and don’t drop match because of offering, but it most certainly influences how sweaty I’m gonna play if an obvious swf burns a Haddonfield. Sure, I’m petty, but if these groups go out of their way to flex an advantage and deny me a game, I’m going to do everything in my power to return the favor. That’s just how it is.

  • Symptomatic treatment doesn't accomplish anything, what we need is a remedy for the ultimate cause. In this case, many survivors don't like going against a Mori. And the devs are aware of this, so eventually they will be rebalanced. Same with keys!

  • Mori is most of the time just a lose and depip for the survivors, sometimes some escape but most of the time it's an easy win for the killer. Had a match against an Oni with pink mori today where 2 survivors DC'd instantly after getting downed lol. I still managed to 0-pip luckily.

    Maps can really set the direction of the game, hawkins is nearly always in killers favor. As killer player i hate all the Coldwind maps except Rancid Abattoir and i extremely hate Ormond, always hard matches there against better teams. Haddonfield is ok for me.

  • Let’s be real. No one enjoys playing against Moris.

  • It's pretty hard to sympathize with people who use strong survivor Map offerings or Moris, because it's basically starting the match saying "Hey, I don't care about your fun, I just want this match to heavily favor me. Alright, let's play!" and then being suprised when people just leave.

    Just don't use them, and if someone else uses them, be mad at that person, not the guy who chose to hop out of a horribly imbalanced match.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488031#Comment_1488031

    I mostly agree and don’t drop match because of offering, but it most certainly influences how sweaty I’m gonna play if an obvious swf burns a Haddonfield. Sure, I’m petty, but if these groups go out of their way to flex an advantage and deny me a game, I’m going to do everything in my power to return the favor. That’s just how it is.

    And I respect that. You should absolutely play to the best you can and not let up on a team regardless of the circumstances. I also get that certain maps and situations will change your tactics. However, I do strongly believe that no matter what, that you can still escape or 4k in any game. There is a certain amount of luck, but skill is involved too. By people dcing, it denies them the ability to grow and try new tactics. Best luck out there.

  • To get to the point of the original post, I believe that there should be no screen to show you offerings. It is more fun that way and I think automatically changes the way people think. If a whole bunch of survivors bring bloody party streamers, I am going to have a certain perception of them. If anyone brings a map offering, I immediately think that they chose this map for a reason and are most likely good on it.

    Leave it a mystery and let the game play out as it is.

    Then again, I also don't think killer should be able to see what items they are bringing or be able to check how many hours they have played before a match starts.

  • All of the above being what it is, I’m fairly certain most survs burning Ormond right now are intentionally taking advantage of the busted auras. Some ppl, like myself, can’t even see where their gens are. There’s a special place in video game hell for these people, and it’s the basement where I am gonna face camp them until the auras get fixed. Not like I can play normally anyways. If we get it naturally I’ll probably just farm or something.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They'll DC out of the match if they see the Mori or map offering.

    Source: I DC against map offerings even if I missed the offerings screen and check via the pause menu. Flame me all you want but I don't like wasting my time playing against trash.

    Only way to fix it is to hide all offerings but they'll probably never do that.

    DCing because "I dont like this map" (let alone Dcing at all), makes you the trash...

    Dont play if you cant handle the maps you dont like as well as the ones you prefer. That's how things work in the real world.

  • if a SWF burns Ormond, farm, or Haddonfield maps, i d/c and send them back to their long ass queue

  • I dont dc against a map, but I would like to know what kind of mori the killer is bringing it :(

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They'll DC out of the match if they see the Mori or map offering.

    Source: I DC against map offerings even if I missed the offerings screen and check via the pause menu. Flame me all you want but I don't like wasting my time playing against trash.

    Only way to fix it is to hide all offerings but they'll probably never do that.

    If you DC because you cant handle a map or a mori or something, you are the one who would get called trash my boi.

  • Personally I dont even get why they bother showing the offerings at all.

  • @dumpmasta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

    Because there are certain maps that people choose to hate. As survivor, I sometimes put hospital and hawkins. So many people dislike those maps but I love them. Certain perks work better on certain maps and certain killers have advantages on certain maps. In general, I wish that everyone would be open to playing on any map. No matter what happens in a game, there is always a chance to win and a chance to lose everytime. It is how people play which will make the difference.

  • @dumpmasta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487948#Comment_1487948

    relatively new player here....why DC again map offerings?

    Because there are certain maps that people choose to hate. As survivor, I sometimes put hospital and hawkins. So many people dislike those maps but I love them. Certain perks work better on certain maps and certain killers have advantages on certain maps. In general, I wish that everyone would be open to playing on any map. No matter what happens in a game, there is always a chance to win and a chance to lose everytime. It is how people play which will make the difference.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488046#Comment_1488046

    "Killer suggestions" lmao, I play both roles. Oh and good for you for being a rank 1 trapper. I've been Rank 1 both sides sides for three years but I don't bring it up because its irrelevant to everything. If you've played this game for more than 50hrs you would know that anyone can get to Red Ranks, there so many bad players up there that I mistake them for new players all the time.

    Here's a suggestion from just a 'player': Fix the bugs, fix the maps that are still unbalanced and fix the busted Survivor/Killer perks. That's what most players would want right? A balanced game and a (mostly) bug free game. I think we all can agree on that. And if you don't want that then, I guess we'll just keep getting players like me who DC and the problem will never be solved and the rabbit hole of problems will continue downward.

    Trust me, people who DC will always find an excuse for it. If it's not the perks it's the maps, if it's not the maps it's the hitboxes, if it's not the hitboxes it's the weather outside. Don't kid yourself.

    Also, yes I do agree that all those things should be changed. My original comment was simply saying that people overreact like crazy, especially on these forums.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488046#Comment_1488046

    Please. If you’re cool with it then that’s awesome of you, but a coordinated swf can completely screw your game with the right map. As a trapper you should understand this. For the rest of us, say huntresses starting at a Hawkins or nurse’s looking at a Lery’s it’s disheartening and just one more extreme advantage over you.

    True. All I'm saying is that people really like to overreact on the forums.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488046#Comment_1488046

    Please. If you’re cool with it then that’s awesome of you, but a coordinated swf can completely screw your game with the right map. As a trapper you should understand this. For the rest of us, say huntresses starting at a Hawkins or nurse’s looking at a Lery’s it’s disheartening and just one more extreme advantage over you.

    Excuse me but Lery's is a great map for nurse, if you bring aura reading perk that's it. Well, with the new aura changes... it's horrible.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488087#Comment_1488087

    Excuse me but Lery's is a great map for nurse, if you bring aura reading perk that's it. Well, with the new aura changes... it's horrible.

    I have literally never heard anyone claim that. I run the old gal pretty often on Xbox and Lery’s is a nightmare. Los blockers and windows left and right. You are possessed of some magic that I do not have that’s for certain.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488731#Comment_1488731

    There's truth in what you said, people will always DC. My bad for misinterpreting it but I do believe if those problems were (mostly) solved it would relieve the issue. Not solve but def help.

    Sorry for popping off there, reading stuff on this site puts me in a mood.

    Hey, man, I know the feeling. These forums are... something.

    But I'm glad we could be civil and have a good chat. :D

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1488173#Comment_1488173

    Trust me, people who DC will always find an excuse for it. If it's not the perks it's the maps, if it's not the maps it's the hitboxes, if it's not the hitboxes it's the weather outside. Don't kid yourself.

    Also, yes I do agree that all those things should be changed. My original comment was simply saying that people overreact like crazy, especially on these forums.

    The big distinction is that you don't have a player at the beginning of the match going "Hey, can we get worse hitboxes this match? Great." "Guys, I'm gonna be using an offering so that you get exhausted from Dead Hard but the hit still lands." "Survivor Grease: Makes the killer start the grab animation and then just freeze in place while the survivor runs away." That unfairness sucks, and people do DC over it, but it is at least random, unintentional unfairness.

    But if someone starts a match with "Let's play a version of the game where I only have to hook you once." or "Let's go to a map so big and with so many resources we'd basically have to try to lose." then yeah, it was in their power to do that, and as long as it's in people's power to opt out by DCing on the loading screen, that's totally understandable. Because why would you want to play against someone who has no interest in playing a fair match?

  • I would have no issues if they got rid of the offering screen entirely. I never really understood the purpose of seeing what offerings your opponent used in the first place. If I use a bloodpoint offering they're not going to care, and if I use something like a Mori some people will just ragequit or whatever. Plus there are so few "secret" offerings that everybody knows what they are anyway (survivors only have one type of secret offering to group together at the start of the match, and killers pretty much only ever use the Mori offerings and not the Shrouds.) They should either:

    • Get rid of the offering screen entirely, just show quick tips or something
    • Only show the offerings for your own side (killer sees their own offering, survivors see the survivor team's offerings)
    • Keep the offering screen as is except either don't show an icon for "secret" offerings or show a fake random offering in place of the secret one. (So if you use a secret offering it shows the other side something random in its place instead of the real one.) That would at least make the "secret" an actual secret and a surprise during the match.