NOW SAY THAT GEN SPEED IS OK

I was watching a streamer playing dbd. It ended well, with a 4k but... 4 gens were done in 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Yes, 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Decisive lasts 1 minute and they had 3 or 4 of it, then add chase time, hook time and all these things.

Luckily they stopped doing gens for some reason and that led to a 4k, but imagine if they didn't.

Please consider a ds nerf or secondary objectives for survivors.

Comments

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476981#Comment_1476981

    So why was the Clown chasing someone in a corner? How long were they chasing them for? Why didn’t they rotate sooner? What add ons were they running? What perks? Why doesn’t the average killer understand that the goal is to PRESSURE GENS, not down survivors.

    The unfortunate thing is most killers believe “downing survivor = pressuring gens” and that’s all they understand sadly

    Edit:

    I play a pretty good killer (for most, about 4 I’d like to get better with). It is infuriating reading dumb posts (you’re not dumb, but the post is). For all the killers that want to complain about dead hard, DS, adrenaline, a medkit, a toolbox, etc - ENOUGH. STOP IT. If you don’t know how to play, ASK. It’s not going to hurt your fragile egos to do so. It’s ok if you don’t know something. It’s ok if you botch a chase. But stop complaining, it’s unproductive. Try to approach it from a healthier standpoint, and learn something.

    and by the way, I bet I could find at least 5 things in this stream you watched that they did wrong. Not that they need to be perfect, but people need to take ownership of their mistakes rather than externalizing blame. For example, I once watched a streamer with about 3k viewers complain about being “gen rushed” - what really happened - he chose to chase an injured survivor that was looping through an area where 2 gens were being worked on. They chose to overcommit to their chase...eventually downing them, but losing 3 gens. Had they taken the hit and pallet they got, and rotated...they would have only lost 1 gen and would have pressure on 3 survivors. BUT SURE, if you want to call lack of knowledge of when to rotate gen rushing, go ahead. But you do yourself a huge disservice and will never improve at the game.

    Because there was a gen? Ther is always one on Ormond you know. Ye, always hit a survivor once, let them escape and let them get healed up indefinitly.

    But explain your gameplay to me.

  • @Unfun_Tunnel said:

    I was watching a streamer playing dbd. It ended well, with a 4k but... 4 gens were done in 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Yes, 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Decisive lasts 1 minute and they had 3 or 4 of it, then add chase time, hook time and all these things.

    Luckily they stopped doing gens for some reason and that led to a 4k, but imagine if they didn't.

    Please consider a ds nerf or secondary objectives for survivors.

    It ended in a 4k. It shows there is more to the game than gen speeds. I main Trapper, I'm well aware of how fast gens are. I average 3 kills a game easy. Why? The game often slows to a crawl one we get to that 2 to 3 gen moment. I've established pressure. I try to be smart about when to drop chase and keeping more than 1 survivor off gens.

    Gen speeds are tricky. You tweak them a tad and destroy gameplay for all but maybe some red ranks. What about slowdown builds? How do those effect gen speed if they are changed? Forever Freddy is already a death knell for all but the best survivor.

    There is more to the killer play than gen speeds. Too many killers don't have the experience or time in game to recognize that.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174940/now-say-that-gen-speed-is-ok

    It ended in a 4k. It shows there is more to the game than gen speeds. I main Trapper, I'm well aware of how fast gens are. I average 3 kills a game easy. Why? The game often slows to a crawl one we get to that 2 to 3 gen moment. I've established pressure. I try to be smart about when to drop chase and keeping more than 1 survivor off gens.

    Gen speeds are tricky. You tweak them a tad and destroy gameplay for all but maybe some red ranks. What about slowdown builds? How do those effect gen speed if they are changed? Forever Freddy is already a death knell for all but the best survivor.

    There is more to the killer play than gen speeds. Too many killers don't have the experience or time in game to recognize that.

    You absolutely knocked it out of the park with that very last sentence. So so true.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    Jeebus. A new one of these posts every day. Gen speeds are fine. Apply pressure, play a different killer, or get good.

    The statistics you cite are not common. BHVR has the real statistics and I guarantee you there are plenty of 4K, 3K, 2K, and 1K games out there. Besides BHVR has said the game is balanced around 2K, so accept it and move on already.

    I'm so sick and tired of the constant killer main whining here and on Reddit. You know who you don't see whining? Good killers. Stop it before BHVR actually listens to this nonsense and ruins the game for good. It takes 4 times as many players to play survivor as it does killer. Keep whining and BHVR will enact something stupid and those players will vanish. Then your queue will be longer than it is now.

    If it's not working for you, switch killers or just stop already.

    Sadly the killer cant apply pressure at the start of the match most of the time they are on the survivor when 2 gen are done because it take close to 40 sec to go to the other side of the map and survivor spawn on gen.so the problem with gen speed is the start of the game that why the game need to put something for this.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Unfun_Tunnel said:

    I was watching a streamer playing dbd. It ended well, with a 4k but... 4 gens were done in 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Yes, 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Decisive lasts 1 minute and they had 3 or 4 of it, then add chase time, hook time and all these things.

    Luckily they stopped doing gens for some reason and that led to a 4k, but imagine if they didn't.

    Please consider a ds nerf or secondary objectives for survivors.

    Go watch this https://youtu.be/JFcr2639MUU

  • Gen speed isn't the issue, its the map size. Also if you have a issue applying pressure, just run pop.

  • You cant just dismis him as just a survivor main and completly ignore his argument

  • Stop. Seriously. It's not good to divide the community. You're not insulting anyone other than yourself when you do this.

    If the killer got all 4 kills then it sounds like gen speed really doesn't matter if you play your cards.

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476963#Comment_1476963

    Sadly the killer cant apply pressure at the start of the match most of the time they are on the survivor when 2 gen are done because it take close to 40 sec to go to the other side of the map and survivor spawn on gen.so the problem with gen speed is the start of the game that why the game need to put something for this.

    Considering the power of the killer to snowball games, I would disagree wholeheartedly. Otzdarva has a really good new killer tutorial he recently put out that talks about this. When the game starts, the advantage is heavy for the survivor. As it goes on, the pendulum swings heavy towards the killer.

    Most of these matches where people show a video of a gen done in 40 seconds also end with a 3 to 4k. If a 40 second gen was the norm, these matches would all end in 0 to 1k. There are a lot of other factors in the game that include killers making bad decisions or killers who rank up with a lazy play style vs not good survivors only to get destroyed bs good ones at higher rank.

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476963#Comment_1476963

    Sadly the killer cant apply pressure at the start of the match most of the time they are on the survivor when 2 gen are done because it take close to 40 sec to go to the other side of the map and survivor spawn on gen.so the problem with gen speed is the start of the game that why the game need to put something for this.

    No. They can rework maps. They can do other things. Adding something to the start of the match is only going to drive survivors away unless the killer can't kill or injure survivors during that period. Mark my words. You'll see the mass exodus if they add something egregious to the beginning of matches.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477049#Comment_1477049

    Ngl man if they've split the gens that we'll then you seriously misplaced MD. That maps so big you need to get a genlock instantly or hope survivors are pepega.

    And then the attrition battle starts where the killer should always lose.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477663#Comment_1477663

    Considering the power of the killer to snowball games, I would disagree wholeheartedly. Otzdarva has a really good new killer tutorial he recently put out that talks about this. When the game starts, the advantage is heavy for the survivor. As it goes on, the pendulum swings heavy towards the killer.

    Most of these matches where people show a video of a gen done in 40 seconds also end with a 3 to 4k. If a 40 second gen was the norm, these matches would all end in 0 to 1k. There are a lot of other factors in the game that include killers making bad decisions or killers who rank up with a lazy play style vs not good survivors only to get destroyed bs good ones at higher rank.

    How do you fight against coms tho?

    I am not chasing survivors for long and attempting to keep them injured. This works on SOLO SURVIVORS. Swf just call butt buddy #2 over to heal them and then they 40 sec a gen or split up again, and it rotates like that until all gens are done.

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477056#Comment_1477056

    And then the attrition battle starts where the killer should always lose.

    If you're able to play a 3 gen correctly then no, you stand a very good chance at winning

  • I think it is very interesting when these conversations come up. It leads to me checking my own bias as someone who plays both sides equally and well. I need to remind myself that when I don't escape and don't get a 4k that I can be mad. However, I am also not entitled to escape or get a 4k every time.

    If you are having problem with killer look at the following things.

    How well do you loop?

    How well do you track?

    What perks and add ons do you have?

    What is gen placement at the beginning of the game and what gens are you willing to lose to keep pressure? We need to realize as killer that we will lose gens during the match. I don't even bother seriously guarding the two upper gens in Hawkins because I know that they will go during the map and that they actually put survivors in a worse position by making the gens closer together.

    Just some thoughts

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479160#Comment_1479160

    How do you fight against coms tho?

    I am not chasing survivors for long and attempting to keep them injured. This works on SOLO SURVIVORS. Swf just call butt buddy #2 over to heal them and then they 40 sec a gen or split up again, and it rotates like that until all gens are done.

    SWF is not in itself doom. Some are very good, most are not. I often mistake SWF as solo because of how bad they are.

    You look at things in the wrong way.

    1. If only 2 people are on a gen, they cannot finish it in 40 seconds. It requires other factors.
    2. If 1 is injured and another is healing, that is 16+ seconds they are not on a gen. Two people off the gen is a good thing.
    3. Everything is situational. If I'm chasing someone who is good at looping, I'm not going to let them drag me through 3 gens just to get them down. I'll follow them if they are going to assist in breaking some key pallets, but will peel off the minute I hear a gen being worked nearby and LoS breaks, or I see someone else nearby. It is pointless to follow the team's best looper. Go for the weak link. You can figure out that link early if you are not hound-dogging one person.
    4. Comms can be used against them. If person 1 believes I'm chasing them and tells person 2 to stay on the gen, but at the next break in LoS he takes a few seconds (say 4) to realize I'm gone, I can score a quick hit on the person comfortably ignoring my TR because he thinks I'm chasing someone else. Furthermore, if I see one of them and I know they see me, I let them see me going in one direction until LoS is broken and switch directions. Let them feed bad info to their teammates. (OoO is the one weakness on this and is very OP in a good SWF's hands)
    5. Use their altruistic nature against them. Know when to slug, when to fake a pick up. Mind game them. This works more than it does not. If I have someone hooked and get a quick down nearby, I may slug them to try to locate a 3rd. That means all 4 are off the gens or they will have 2 dead (one hook and one bleed out). Use their information against them.

    Is the cure all that always works? No, but it is how you deal with 90% of the SWF groups out there. There are those 10% groups though that it does not matter what you are doing. If you are not a top-tier killer (I admit I'm average to above average yet somehow still rank 2), you will struggle horribly.

    I'm not saying gen speeds are all good. They can be seriously fast and blitzed hard (refer to those really good SWFs). What I'm saying is it is not as easy as extending gen times. Most matches are not gen-rush meta hit squads. Heck, I often have to slow down on most matches or risk not getting enough BP to satisfy my thirst. If you lengthened gen times, you will not only destroy most of those players, but you will force them into forming.....more SWFs. No thank you. There are many, many reasons why killers are struggling. Some are game mechanics, some are exploits, some are just that many killers have formed bad habits and do not have the experience needed to identify them yet. Or they don't want to admit.

1 2 ›