Why are there bad survivors at rank 1?
When I play solo I get horrible teammates even though im at rank 1. I think rank 1 is way to easy to get to and should be made harder to keep bad players out. I try to get to rank 1 just to get away from bad survivors. If I cant play solo and enjoy it at rank 1 that just forces me to only play swf and that would make it even harder on the killer. I think they need to make solo more enjoyable for solo people.
Comments
It's not hard to rank up at all. It's just a matter of grinding through matches. With Survivor definitely being easier. Also, if you're playing solo just be selfish, it's hard to be a team player solo unless you bring the full on team player perks.
As you said, its way too easy to rank up (for both sides btw)
Anyone, and I literally mean everyone, can easily reach rank 1 in DBD if he spends enough time trying.
In other competitive games even the idea to be grandmaster or whatever it is called would be ridiculous.
But yeah, DBD is weird in a lot of aspects
Devs made piping as survivor easier, since most survivors struggled to rank up under the new Emblem system.
I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN HIGH RANKS BUT CANT DERANK UNLESS I DC pls help
You are not the only one.

This thread reminds me about this:
That's why you need to hog all the points you can get. Borrowed Time is great for that.
But I agree, it sucks getting boosted teammates. Just try and make the best of it and move on.
Maybe one day this game will become more skill oriented and we won't have this problem anymore.
Because ranking up is ######### easy.
Why would anyone want to derank? (I know the answer to this, I just think its kind of pathetic)
There is no difficulty curve for ranking up after rank 15. It is just as easy to go from 15 to 14 as it is to go from 2 to 1. The only difference is how regularly you play.
EDIT: Basically everyone is a rank 15 player with their "rank" telling you their recent play time.
I have the same problem, but I am killer.
As survivor you can walk up to the killer and let them kill you.
As killer I have to wait till survivors are done tbagging in front of the afk killer before they leave the game.
This is the only way to play casually.
For some reason everyone is forced into a pseudo-competitive matchmaking in a completely unbalanced game. even the devs agree and confirmed in the last Q&A that not every killer is meant to be viable at higher ranks
I think it's just solo Ques who don't want to deal with nurse/billy. SWF aren't going to leave and will bring out all the meta perks/items.
cause its too ez to rank up.
if killers were stronger, only skilled survivors would be there. but since they are back at nerfing them again, ist gonna be even easier for unskilled survivors to get there.
Rank doesn't mean anything in this game, you will get good players and bad players throughout
At R1 if you cant even hit great skillchecks and gentap to get around Ruin or Unnerving Presence you are clearly at a rank you dont belong. Most of that is seen in SWF.
That's why I don't play often as the killer.
It is DBD we are talking about, so not surprised if any situation happens.
It's because survivor is such a cake walk that crappy survivors with only rank 20 skills can reach rank 1. I mean our poor survivors need to feel special somehow lol
Stealth play is the smart play. Juking, breaking LoS, these are all part of stealth.
I prefer a more stealthy play style, totems, gens, unhooks I do it all but because I'm not an expert looper I pip way less.
because the ranking system is still trash