Unbreakable needs a requirement/penalty like Deliverance
Unbreakable is quite a powerful perk in the game & can literally be the sole reason the outcome of a match changes. It is the perfect counter to slugging, which has become a common tactic for killers as it is a means of buying time for themselves (due to gen speeds). Unbreakable is quite nasty when combined with perks such as Decisive Strike, Flip Flop, Soul Guard, & Tenacity. It's arguably the best second chance perk, & is quite common in the meta. It even grants the survivor a speed boost in recovery while in the dying state that never goes away. There is zero downside to running this perk, but it technically can never be used if the killer does not slug. But that's why it is often paired with DS, as the killer either has to take the DS stun after unhooking the survivor or let them heal themselves off the ground.
Now a perk that is quite similar to this would be Deliverance, as it allows you to do something on your own without having to rely on a teammate to save you. But Deliverance is significantly less powerful than Unbreakable, while still being a strong perk. Why is that? Well first off, it has a requirement of making one safe rescue before being hooked. So if a survivor who has this perk is downed & hooked before they can make a safe save, the perk never activates. Secondly, the perk has a downside of making the survivor broken for a period of time after unhooking themselves. I would argue that this perk is very balanced, as there is a nice give & take to running the perk. Unbreakable on the other hand is not, as there is no take.
My solution: give Unbreakable a requirement and/or penalty. For a requirement, it could be something as simple as taking a protection hit for a survivor or making a safe unhook, or even completing the equivalent of 1 gen. Something that is able to be done in most cases, but still requires something of the survivor. As for penalty, it could also be the broken status effect for a brief moment, but I feel there can be more creativity behind this. Maybe the survivor suffers from the Oblivious status effect for a short duration or their aura gets revealed to the killer for a few seconds. Something to at least make it have some sort of downside for just how powerful the perk can be.
Comments
yes
Unbreakable is fine the way it is. Don't fix that which isn't broken. Rank 1 survivor and killer and I never have a problem with it. If I run it on survivor I never get slugged so it's pointless. The only time I get slugged is if I'm going against Leatherface who wants to play toxic or a rather nasty Plague.
As Killer it doesn't bother me because I don't slug. I hate it as survivor when I'm slugged so I don't do it when I'm playing Killer. Who wants to sit on the ground doing nothing for up to 4 minutes when you could be doing Gens/looping? Literally no one. Most people who get slugged DC anyways due to not having a penalty then nobody wins. You either farm and let everyone out or you kill/get killed and get toxic survivors/killers.
It's a 1 time perk with a passive effect that doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. If the only way a killer can win is by slugging then get more practice as that killer or move on to another that has either better perks or more map presence.
Gotta look at it from both sides. Do I like getting slugged as survivor? No. Do I do it as killer and risk them having Unbreakable? If the answer is yes then you need to be better at whatever killer you're playing so you can apply better pressure so you don't feel the need to slug. Survivor has DS? If you caught them after they were unhooked then eat it. Any good killer can eat a DS and be right back on a survivors heels. The exception being if the tile layout highly favors the survivors and they're decent loopers which they don't always do.
So you want to kill a niche perk cause of some crap perk? Another unreasonable complain.
I play on EU servers and I am an Oni main, who's power relies on slugging. I only suggest heavily on Oni. Also nice strawman, I never said I wanted unbreakable nerfed.
That would be a big downside if it weren't pretty easy to escape with only 3 perks.
Unbreakables faster recovery never goes away and is almost strong enough to be a perk in its own right. This isn't even counting that escaping as survivor with only three perks isn't incredibly difficult.
The other perks also have their own benefit.
Soul guard gives you Endurance for 8 seconds when you recover that doesn't matter if it's you getting off the ground yourself or someone helping you. Even without its secondary effect working it can still be really useful.
No mither reduces your injured sound by 50% and stops you from leaving blood also contrary to what a lot of people might say say it actually has a lot of synergy with several different builds for example injured, pure stealth or more.
Unbreakable only really has one benefit and that's faster recovery and getting your self up once outside of that it's pretty useless
....its a single use perk that takes up a slot.
You have 3 perks unless someone slugs and leaves you for an extended amount of time. It's very situational already.
From a killer main, it doesn't.
Picking yourself up isn't as bad to a killer than unhooking yourself.
When you unhook yourself, the killer loses all the pressure he had on the hook from you, and it's often much faster to kill an unhooker than it is to kill a pick up-er.
No.
It can be used only once and completely ignored, if killer is not sweaty for 4k. :^)
It already has - one time use
like Ruin which can dissapear in 20sec at the START of a game, instead of having no outplay like Unbreakable.
the perk its fine its only 1 time use per trial just dont leave the survivors on the floor
Have Unbreakable and Decisive Strike both cause exhaustion (or maybe a new debuff similar to exhaustion) and make them unable to be activated if the other was used recently.
I wasn't responding to OP. It isn't OP, it's just annoying. However it is OP when used with DS.