Fellow demo mains, Corrupt or Infectious?

My build is as follows

BBQ / Thrilling, Pop, Corrupt / infectious, Save the best for the last

Pop and BBQ/Thrilling are a great synergy and i don't think pop can perform well without either.

Save the best for the last cause you know why, super aggressive demos need this

Im not sure about the 4th perk, should i make it corrupt to give me time to set up portals or infectious to increase my assault game

Comments

  • Definitely Infectious. I love Corrupt but Infectious is sooo good. With STBFL and chaining shred downs you're literally unstoppable.

  • Well corrupt won't help you much the whole game tbh. Survivors can still play around it as if it's not there too. I think your better off with Infectious Fright.

  • Infectious is very nice on Demo as it allows you to play more aggressive, and gives you a bunch of info.

    I personally use both in my build: BBQ, Infectious, STBFL, and Corrupt

    Corrupt is very nice on demo as it allows you to get your portals placed around the map without immediately giving up 1 to 2 gens.

  • I use,

    • Save the Best for Last
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • BBQ
    • Whispers

    I don't really like Infectious on him, he can't really down people to quickly but I might try it and maybe I'll change my mind. But I usually run IF on Killer with one hit dows abilities or Killer who have insane snowball potential like Nurse with a normal Terror Radius.

  • That build is so disgusting. Overkill much? Honestly, if you're playing demo aggressively, that build is just easy mode.

    It turns a very fun killer into an oppressive fun sponge. I hate seeing how popular builds like that are in DBD, the laziness is off the charts.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    That build is so disgusting. Overkill much? Honestly, if you're playing demo aggressively, that build is just easy mode.

    It turns a very fun killer into an oppressive fun sponge. I hate seeing how popular builds like that are in DBD, the laziness is off the charts.

    What should Demo run then as that's the build I use for it.

  • Corrupt

    BBQ

    STBFL

    Monitor

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    That build is so disgusting. Overkill much? Honestly, if you're playing demo aggressively, that build is just easy mode.

    It turns a very fun killer into an oppressive fun sponge. I hate seeing how popular builds like that are in DBD, the laziness is off the charts.

    I like to avoid STBFL in Demo builds. It seems to take the fun out of using his pounce attacks.

  • @SpookySZN

    It's not a case of what you 'should' run, but the alternatives are really cool; stuff like: Unrelenting (for pallet break mindgames), Discordance (for free intel to aid in rotation pressure), Hangman's Trick (to reveal possible next targets post hook, especially ones that aren't revealed on BBQ if you use it), Whispers, Shadowborn/M&A, Enduring, Dead Man's Switch...stuff like this to boost Demo in an alternate way than just Chase, Hook, Pop, Chase, Hook, Pop etc.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller yeah exactly, and makes other chases way too easy and feel cheap

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    @SpookySZN

    It's not a case of what you 'should' run, but the alternatives are really cool; stuff like: Unrelenting (for pallet break mindgames), Discordance (for free intel to aid in rotation pressure), Hangman's Trick (to reveal possible next targets post hook, especially ones that aren't revealed on BBQ if you use it), Whispers, Shadowborn/M&A, Enduring, Dead Man's Switch...stuff like this to boost Demo in an alternate way than just Chase, Hook, Pop, Chase, Hook, Pop etc.

    You know Hangman's Trick was nerfed from that one PTB, right?

  • personally i use Corrupt, Pop, BBQ and STBFL. i prefer going for 12 hooks and not really slugging, corrupt just stops all that early gen progress and on some of the bigger and harsher maps really provides the benefits, not to mention it gives more time for me to get pop or stacks on STBFL

  • @TAG it still has value, since a lot of hooks spawn near gens. I'm not saying it's a must use, new Demo meta, but it's an example of a perk that provides a refreshing change from the dull builds people do spam all the time on the fun killers.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    @TAG it still has value, since a lot of hooks spawn near gens. I'm not saying it's a must use, new Demo meta, but it's an example of a perk that provides a refreshing change from the dull builds people do spam all the time on the fun killers.

    The one time I tested it for a period of time to see how it fared post-PTB, I got exactly one instance of information from it.

  • @slim0b said:

    My build is as follows

    BBQ / Thrilling, Pop, Corrupt / infectious, Save the best for the last

    Pop and BBQ/Thrilling are a great synergy and i don't think pop can perform well without either.

    Save the best for the last cause you know why, super aggressive demos need this

    Im not sure about the 4th perk, should i make it corrupt to give me time to set up portals or infectious to increase my assault game

    Listen, I may not be a demo main, but I don't think infectious would work well with him. Demo doesn't have good snowball at all, but if you want to run it, run it. Corrupt is absolutely amazing on demo, as it gives you time to set up some portals.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I use,

    • Save the Best for Last
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • BBQ
    • Whispers

    I don't really like Infectious on him, he can't really down people to quickly but I might try it and maybe I'll change my mind. But I usually run IF on Killer with one hit dows abilities or Killer who have insane snowball potential like Nurse with a normal Terror Radius.

    that's 2 early game perks and 2 aggressive perks, there's no gen delay. Pop is a life savior a lot of times.

    @Lansen_is_Here said:

    Use Corrupt, STBFL and Infectious is not viable combo vs. Swf's, perks like that and BBQ and whispers are not going to cover his weaknesses

    PGTW

    Corrupt Intervention

    Enduring

    Monitor

    If you know how to time his shred effectively you wont be needing enduring since you'll be shredding those pallets most of the time or getting a hit, or at best both.

    Monitor synergises with infectious more than corrupt but corrupt is still solid, and PGTW still needs a tracking perk.

    @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171459/fellow-demo-mains-corrupt-or-infectious

    Listen, I may not be a demo main, but I don't think infectious would work well with him. Demo doesn't have good snowball at all, but if you want to run it, run it. Corrupt is absolutely amazing on demo, as it gives you time to set up some portals.

    He does with STBFL

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Both !

    If you need to chose: Corrupt, by far

    Since I dont have them, I use the following build:

    • BBQ - Mandatory
    • Discordance - Helps with me pressure and knowing where most survivors are
    • PGTW - Mandatory, this or Ruin
    • Enduring - Personal Preference

    I use Rat Liver + Rat Tail for addons... Don't need any other addons, can replace Rat Tail with Iron Lung

    I'm personally on a 20 match, 4k killstreak as Demo at rank 1

    but If i were to give you a BIS Demo Build... This, by far:

    • BBQ
    • STBFL - If you don't like STBFL it can be another flex perk of your choice instead
    • Corrupt
    • PGTW / Ruin

    Sounds great, you nailed the addons too


    @Nebula said:

    Infectious is very nice on Demo as it allows you to play more aggressive, and gives you a bunch of info.

    I personally use both in my build: BBQ, Infectious, STBFL, and Corrupt

    Corrupt is very nice on demo as it allows you to get your portals placed around the map without immediately giving up 1 to 2 gens.

    There's no mid-game gen delay here but this is super aggressive it might just account for it. I might try running both

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437805#Comment_1437805

    that's 2 early game perks and 2 aggressive perks, there's no gen delay. Pop is a life savior a lot of times.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438065#Comment_1438065

    If you know how to time his shred effectively you wont be needing enduring since you'll be shredding those pallets most of the time or getting a hit, or at best both.

    Monitor synergises with infectious more than corrupt but corrupt is still solid, and PGTW still needs a tracking perk.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438300#Comment_1438300

    He does with STBFL

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437948#Comment_1437948

    Sounds great, you nailed the addons too

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437803#Comment_1437803

    There's no mid-game gen delay here but this is super aggressive it might just account for it. I might try running both

    Well, I play without gen delay and still do well.

    Also, Corrupt makes the difference between losing a far gen or not losing it, so it actually is a gen delay Perk.

    Whispers for Early Tracking as well as late Tracking, BBQ for far and midgame Tracking and Save the Best for Last because it's easily his best Perk.

    So it actually consists of 1 aggressive Perk, 2 Tracking Perks and 1 Slowdown Perk.

  • @slim0b said:

    My build is as follows

    BBQ / Thrilling, Pop, Corrupt / infectious, Save the best for the last

    Pop and BBQ/Thrilling are a great synergy and i don't think pop can perform well without either.

    Save the best for the last cause you know why, super aggressive demos need this

    Im not sure about the 4th perk, should i make it corrupt to give me time to set up portals or infectious to increase my assault game

    i'm more of a corrupt person, i'd rather take the slow down then the tracking, specially when i#m on groaning storehouse and the best 3 gen in the game is blocked off and i can set up

  • not a demo player but with corrup you wont do a mistake. its good for every killer.

    but infectious is a bit meh if you dont play with a insta down killer or with a low mobility killer. slugging isnt that effective for weaker killers.

  • I use stbfl, infectious, nurses, and pop. And infectious will help you out int he long run much better than corrupt.