How to Instantly Lose (High Success Rate)

1. Attempt to grab a survivor.

2. Server lag or whatever causes the grab to fail

3. The game believes the grab was successful, when it wasn't so you are "carrying" a survivor.

4. You will have the hook prompt, but be unable to actually hook them.

5. You did it! You lose! You're moving at carrying speed, can't use your power, and can't pick anyone up. Maybe if you...slug all 4?

Comments

  • Try getting stunned by a pallet? Might break the bug 🤷‍♂️

  • This seems like a brand spanking new bug I've never even heard of before lol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    This seems like a brand spanking new bug I've never even heard of before lol.

    I hope it never happens to you.

    It genuinely is just an instantly lose bug.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1434321#Comment_1434321

    I hope it never happens to you.

    It genuinely is just an instantly lose bug.

    I also hope it never happens to me so thank you <3

    Sorry you had to suffer through this though; at least with no DC penalties this is one reason I could think of where DCing is actually justified.

  • I've had this happen to me a few months ago. Was winning the game, too... They decided to 'punish' me for my earlier winning by not finishing gens and just fooling around, and there was nothing I could do but wait or disconnect.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    This seems like a brand spanking new bug I've never even heard of before lol.

    It isn't new, but I didn't know, that it was possible in a live match.

    I experienced this bug sometime (1,5 - 2 years) ago in kyf.

  • Wait, the game actually is letting you grab?

    Amazing, I'll grab survivors off a gen or a pallet an it literally kicks me off the animation. Feels like roadhog from overwatch when you clearly hooked someone and they use a deflect or teleport half a second after.

  • @MrPotato said:

    Wait, the game actually is letting you grab?

    Amazing, I'll grab survivors off a gen or a pallet an it literally kicks me off the animation. Feels like roadhog from overwatch when you clearly hooked someone and they use a deflect or teleport half a second after.

    Yeah, I actually DON'T want to grab people anymore. It almost always ends in some kind of glitch and a survivor escaping without a scratch, so screw it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My favorite is when you go for a grab, it locks you in the grab animation, the survivor's continuing to do the gen until completion, and then the survivor gets booted out the match. Except sometimes these days, they don't even lag out, they just suddenly get off the gen after 3-5 seconds and then start running.

    It's just not worth going for grabs anymore. Except the alternative of the survivor blowing up the gen and getting off of it right after, giving them a janky ass animation and a bright light in your face, isn't much better.

    I never go for grabs, if I see someone sitting on gens or totems I just hold m1 and go for the lunge. A grab is almost always rolledback in the server so you get the animation and - poof - the survivor is running in front of you. Yeah, dedicated servers don't let you get grabs anymore.

  • My personal favorite way to lose is to blink into a hill and get stuck

  • Had this happen after a locker grab on the new SH map last night. Not common but it does happen. Grabs are so buggy lately I never got the grab survivors off gens rift, heck even as silent wraith I’d just get stuck in animation for a few seconds then look around to see the survivor 10m away running.