BEHAVIOUR'S BUFFS/NERFS

I honestly don't understand behaviour's buffs and nerfs. I think that pyramid was ok, but they nerfed him, even if it's an irrilevant nerf. Now they want to nerf billy, which is, in my opinion, one of the most balanced killers in the game, and don't nerf spirit and freddy, that are way too easy to use and too powerful. They could also buff demogorgon, which is the worst killer in the game right now. Last but not least, they never nerf survivors. I think that a full genrushing swf with all decisive strikes, unbreakable and borrowed it's almost impossibile to counter, except if you're lucky and get the right map with the right killer or just tunnel and camp. Some items are op as well, like keys, that are basically a "click to win item even if I didn't do anything during the whole game". Let me know what you think about this.

Comments

  • DS don't tunnel

    borrowed time don't camp

    Unbreakable don't slug and if you do it's only one time they can get up

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    DS don't tunnel

    borrowed time don't camp

    Unbreakable don't slug and if you do it's only one time they can get up

    Trust me, it's not that simple to counter these perks, especially when combined together

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431891#Comment_1431891

    Trust me, it's not that simple to counter these perks, especially when combined together

    Ok if you say so

  • @Unfun_Tunnel said:

    I honestly don't understand behaviour's buffs and nerfs. I think that pyramid was ok, but they nerfed him, even if it's an irrilevant nerf. Now they want to nerf billy, which is, in my opinion, one of the most balanced killers in the game, and don't nerf spirit and freddy, that are way too easy to use and too powerful. They could also buff demogorgon, which is the worst killer in the game right now. Last but not least, they never nerf survivors. I think that a full genrushing swf with all decisive strikes, unbreakable and borrowed it's almost impossibile to counter, except if you're lucky and get the right map with the right killer or just tunnel and camp. Some items are op as well, like keys, that are basically a "click to win item even if I didn't do anything during the whole game". Let me know what you think about this.

    Dude I'm so sick of "they never nerf survivors". Killer mains have such a selective memory, they only remember what they want to remember. Take all the patchnotes and see for yourself how many nerfs survivors got along the years. Just stop with this BS argument already.

  • @TheHentity said:

    Problem is here that people just want everything right away when funny enough it is shown RIGHT NOW that testing too much is bad.

    Current PTB they are testing Bubba and Hillbilly AND the 60-tick servers which are in limited supply currently making people have super high ping making all testing on bubba and hillbilly invalid, hence the servers are now tested later.

    Its just that people always want things to be more balanced but when X is looked at they start asking about Y.

    WE CANT AND SHOULD NOT DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE.

    Bubba was long on the list for a looking at and many of the community agree with that and BHVR just found it appropriate or time to look at his fellow chainsaw brother while they were at it.

    Mories, Keys, Freddy, Spirit, DS, No Mither, map design, graphics, you name it, all will have some look at in the future at some point, just not right now.

    They should have a basic internal QA team that is reasonably skilled at the game that can give them feedback on balance changes before they go live. Or hell, use their fog whisperers and give them access to changes early for feedback. This would solve both the problems of testing too much at once causing conflicts, and planning out terribly ######### balance changes like Billy.

    Either they don't have an internal QA team that can play at reasonably high levels or they don't listen to feedback. Based on what was shown in the past, it's probably a bit of both. Hell, even the fog whisperer thing is like that, apparently they saw the Midwich map early, said it was terrible for gameplay, still pushed it out.

  • Nope i'm sick of 'no survivor nerf' same as up there, but yes new patches from BEHAVIOR is grossy. In most cases they don't even know how to balance properly, listening too much from noobs about balance. They want killers to play something like surpirse freak, wasting every playtime trying to surprise survivors... what happened to demogorgon and billy... while not even touching spirit. Billy was already so buggy and balanced in most cases, except those chain spamming until hit. Now billy can't even hit survivors with chainsaw, not only spamming.


  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432021#Comment_1432021

    you can say whatever you want but fog whispers are if nothing else also drama queens, why? because it sells, I can see the youtube vids now "OMG THEY ACTUALLY KILLED HILLBILLY" with some crying face next to it.

    Watching otz play the ptb was honestly painful, and that is freaking otz, one of the most level headed guys in the game.

    He pretty much did not do an actual proper match the entire time, going for silly chainsaw attempts when nobody actually playing would use that in that situation, He avoided M1ing pretty much constantly while MAYBE with this new cooldown system its wise to M1 a bit?!?!

    They have an internal team for testing, they are not perfect but man who is.

    If you are on the forums long enough you see some massively stupid or ignorant remarks being made regarding balance, case in point, OP making the sweeping statement of "they never nerf survivors" which is just simply false.

    I feel like Otz's assessment of things was more than fair. He even said the overheat mechanic was fine when it's objectively trash. And the man doesn't need to create any sort of drama, he gets 3k+ viewers per stream and tons of views on Youtube. He's probably the absolute worst example to bring up.

    As for fog whisperers in general, why the hell would they NOT use their group of high ranked players who they give early info to as a help for balancing? There's no point in them existing otherwise because any hype building is done for free by big streamers anyway.

    *They have an internal team for testing, they are not perfect but man who is*

    Either they suck at the game and they need a better QA team (like I dunno, some group of well known high level players), or their QA amounts to "Does the game run when I launch it? Does it crash when I do stuff? No? Job's done." Because these balance decisions are laughably bad. 85% of total perks in this game are essentially worthless, several killers are in the dumpster tier and have been for years, and even with slow steady changes over time the game is still woefully survivor sided. Their balance designers are bad and their QA team is worse if they're saying "yeah these perks, balance changes, etc. feel good." Again, I'm positive all their QA team is looking for is functionality and reporting class A and class B bugs while ignoring or having no impact on Class C and below bugs and game balance.

  • No, he's absolutely right, you don't have the time to not camp, not tunnel, and not slug. That's the problem with this game, you can't counter both the gen rush and the meta, because the meta is designed to counter the only counter you have to the gen rush. One hook mori is the only reliable way to beat a death squad.

    @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170845/behaviours-buffs-nerfs

    Dude I'm so sick of "they never nerf survivors". Killer mains have such a selective memory, they only remember what they want to remember. Take all the patchnotes and see for yourself how many nerfs survivors got along the years. Just stop with this BS argument already.

    The problem is the level of nerf. Yeah, they nerfed balanced, Insta heals, tool boxes, but nothing really changed how survivors play.

    When they nerf killer, they gut them. Take ruin, it was an early game slowdown that might be cleansed fast. They changed it to a late game pressure perk that can still be cleansed fast. If old ruin lasted two minutes, you had value, if it's cleansed in two minutes now, totally wasted.

    Nurse, they gutted her mobility, so it takes twice as long to cross the map. Billy is losing his mindgame, which is all he had.

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432021#Comment_1432021

    you can say whatever you want but fog whispers are if nothing else also drama queens, why? because it sells, I can see the youtube vids now "OMG THEY ACTUALLY KILLED HILLBILLY" with some crying face next to it.

    Watching otz play the ptb was honestly painful, and that is freaking otz, one of the most level headed guys in the game.

    He pretty much did not do an actual proper match the entire time, going for silly chainsaw attempts when nobody actually playing would use that in that situation, He avoided M1ing pretty much constantly while MAYBE with this new cooldown system its wise to M1 a bit?!?!

    They have an internal team for testing, they are not perfect but man who is.

    If you are on the forums long enough you see some massively stupid or ignorant remarks being made regarding balance, case in point, OP making the sweeping statement of "they never nerf survivors" which is just simply false.

    Otz had a more than fair assessment of billy and even said he was fine with the awful overheat mechanic. On top of that, he's huge and gets 3k+ viewers per stream and massive views on his youtube vids. He is the person who least needs to start drama for views and is a terrible example for you to bring up. And of course he wasn't using M1, billy's M1 wasn't changed his saw was, so he was testing the saw and how it felt/performed, concluding it's exceedingly worse.

    As for fog whisperers in general, why the hell wouldn't they make use of their group of high rank well known players to test the balance of new things and listen to their feedback? They (hopefully) legit want the game to be fair and fun and are the best ones to tell the devs whether something is useless or broken.

    *They have an internal team for testing, they are not perfect but man who is.*

    Then either that QA team sucks at the game or are being used purely for functionality testing. You can't tell me that with 85% of perks across the game being functionally worthless, several killers in dumpster tier for years, and maps like Midwich or Haddonfield coming out that they're doing a good job on balance testing. I'm sure their job consists of: "Does the game crash on startup? Are their major bugs? No? Job's done!" I'm positive they're only used to identify and report Class A and class B bugs, while if they report Class C or below bugs they're ignored and they have little to no say at all on balance. The internal balance team clearly isn't good, maybe they should make use of some group of high rank well known players to give proper feedback or something...

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432010#Comment_1432010

    No, he's absolutely right, you don't have the time to not camp, not tunnel, and not slug. That's the problem with this game, you can't counter both the gen rush and the meta, because the meta is designed to counter the only counter you have to the gen rush. One hook mori is the only reliable way to beat a death squad.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432018#Comment_1432018

    The problem is the level of nerf. Yeah, they nerfed balanced, Insta heals, tool boxes, but nothing really changed how survivors play.

    When they nerf killer, they gut them. Take ruin, it was an early game slowdown that might be cleansed fast. They changed it to a late game pressure perk that can still be cleansed fast. If old ruin lasted two minutes, you had value, if it's cleansed in two minutes now, totally wasted.

    Nurse, they gutted her mobility, so it takes twice as long to cross the map. Billy is losing his mindgame, which is all he had.

    You are Killer-Biased.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432010#Comment_1432010

    No, he's absolutely right, you don't have the time to not camp, not tunnel, and not slug. That's the problem with this game, you can't counter both the gen rush and the meta, because the meta is designed to counter the only counter you have to the gen rush. One hook mori is the only reliable way to beat a death squad.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432018#Comment_1432018

    The problem is the level of nerf. Yeah, they nerfed balanced, Insta heals, tool boxes, but nothing really changed how survivors play.

    When they nerf killer, they gut them. Take ruin, it was an early game slowdown that might be cleansed fast. They changed it to a late game pressure perk that can still be cleansed fast. If old ruin lasted two minutes, you had value, if it's cleansed in two minutes now, totally wasted.

    Nurse, they gutted her mobility, so it takes twice as long to cross the map. Billy is losing his mindgame, which is all he had.

    Ok if you say so

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432021#Comment_1432021

    you can say whatever you want but fog whispers are if nothing else also drama queens, why? because it sells, I can see the youtube vids now "OMG THEY ACTUALLY KILLED HILLBILLY" with some crying face next to it.

    Watching otz play the ptb was honestly painful, and that is freaking otz, one of the most level headed guys in the game.

    He pretty much did not do an actual proper match the entire time, going for silly chainsaw attempts when nobody actually playing would use that in that situation, He avoided M1ing pretty much constantly while MAYBE with this new cooldown system its wise to M1 a bit?!?!

    They have an internal team for testing, they are not perfect but man who is.

    If you are on the forums long enough you see some massively stupid or ignorant remarks being made regarding balance, case in point, OP making the sweeping statement of "they never nerf survivors" which is just simply false.

    This must be 'massive ignorant remarks' you said for sure.

    Testing how much new chainsaw can do on PTB seems 'silly attempt', those infinite crucial bugs like stuck in gen/window, not listening about balance by over 3k 4k playtime streamers while 'internal testing'...

  • What did I say that was incorrect? Can you refute anything I just said, or do you just not like it? And for the record, I play both sides. Survivor has the advantage.

    I do. Can you prove otherwise? Do you have any data that proves otherwise, or are you just trolling?

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432177#Comment_1432177

    What did I say that was incorrect? Can you refute anything I just said, or do you just not like it? And for the record, I play both sides. Survivor has the advantage.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432186#Comment_1432186

    I do. Can you prove otherwise? Do you have any data that proves otherwise, or are you just trolling?

    I don't have to prove anything I'm not on trial

    I don't have a problem with those perks if you do that on you

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432177#Comment_1432177

    What did I say that was incorrect? Can you refute anything I just said, or do you just not like it? And for the record, I play both sides. Survivor has the advantage.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432186#Comment_1432186

    I do. Can you prove otherwise? Do you have any data that proves otherwise, or are you just trolling?

    The nerfs you are talking about are on 3 killers. None of the other killers were nerfed and in fact 1 killer nerf is still in PTB, so it may not even happen.

    Major Survivor Nerfs that Affect all Survivors, not just a tiny few.

    1. Insta Heals
    2. Toolbox Nerfs
    3. Smaller Maps
    4. God Loops removed
    5. Gen speeds nerfed when multiple survivors are on the gen (Minor nerf)

    Remember that the Devs stats show all killers getting around a 60% kill rate in November. So the the games already killer sided.

    There, you are Killer-Biased. Do you even play survivor? (I really wish people would play both sides before commenting).

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    DS don't tunnel

    borrowed time don't camp

    Unbreakable don't slug and if you do it's only one time they can get up

    Just don't go down when you face ebony mori noed spirit. Pretty much same thing

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432232#Comment_1432232

    I don't have to prove anything I'm not on trial

    I don't have a problem with those perks if you do that on you

    So trolling, got it.

    @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432232#Comment_1432232

    The nerfs you are talking about are on 3 killers. None of the other killers were nerfed and in fact 1 killer nerf is still in PTB, so it may not even happen.

    Major Survivor Nerfs that Affect all Survivors, not just a tiny few.

    1. Insta Heals
    2. Toolbox Nerfs
    3. Smaller Maps
    4. God Loops removed
    5. Gen speeds nerfed when multiple survivors are on the gen (Minor nerf)

    Remember that the Devs stats show all killers getting around a 60% kill rate in November. So the the games already killer sided.

    There, you are Killer-Biased. Do you even play survivor? (I really wish people would play both sides before commenting).

    The survivors are just skins, so of course any nerf affects them all. They removed God loops, but buffed vaults and added a ton of long walls, so nothing really changed. They nerfed tool boxes, but buffed their speed, and judging by the 4 minute gen times, nothing really changed.

    That minor nerf to multiple survivors added like 4 seconds, so nothing. One could argue that Insta heals were broken, like 5 blink nurse, but they didn't get rid of Insta heals and make you run at 3.8ms for 30 seconds after healing, they just fixed the add on problem.

    Rank 5 killer, rank 7 survivor.

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170845/behaviours-buffs-nerfs

    Dude I'm so sick of "they never nerf survivors". Killer mains have such a selective memory, they only remember what they want to remember. Take all the patchnotes and see for yourself how many nerfs survivors got along the years. Just stop with this BS argument already.

    I am main killer and survivor. I also think NERF SURVIVORS from experience.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432232#Comment_1432232

    The nerfs you are talking about are on 3 killers. None of the other killers were nerfed and in fact 1 killer nerf is still in PTB, so it may not even happen.

    Major Survivor Nerfs that Affect all Survivors, not just a tiny few.

    1. Insta Heals
    2. Toolbox Nerfs
    3. Smaller Maps
    4. God Loops removed
    5. Gen speeds nerfed when multiple survivors are on the gen (Minor nerf)

    Remember that the Devs stats show all killers getting around a 60% kill rate in November. So the the games already killer sided.

    There, you are Killer-Biased. Do you even play survivor? (I really wish people would play both sides before commenting).

    1 and 2 only effect people that use those items, not all Survivors in general. Plus toolbox's sabo function was buffed.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    DS don't tunnel

    borrowed time don't camp

    Unbreakable don't slug and if you do it's only one time they can get up

    It's not that simple

  • @TheHentity said:

    Problem is here that people just want everything right away when funny enough it is shown RIGHT NOW that testing too much is bad.

    Current PTB they are testing Bubba and Hillbilly AND the 60-tick servers which are in limited supply currently making people have super high ping making all testing on bubba and hillbilly invalid, hence the servers are now tested later.

    Its just that people always want things to be more balanced but when X is looked at they start asking about Y.

    WE CANT AND SHOULD NOT DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE.

    Bubba was long on the list for a looking at and many of the community agree with that and BHVR just found it appropriate or time to look at his fellow chainsaw brother while they were at it.

    Mories, Keys, Freddy, Spirit, DS, No Mither, map design, graphics, you name it, all will have some look at in the future at some point, just not right now.

    If they're really nerfing survivors, they're doing a really bad job, seriously. This game is survivor sided as hell.

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170845/behaviours-buffs-nerfs

    Dude I'm so sick of "they never nerf survivors". Killer mains have such a selective memory, they only remember what they want to remember. Take all the patchnotes and see for yourself how many nerfs survivors got along the years. Just stop with this BS argument already.

    As I answered to another guy, this game is survivor sided and surv nerfs are really small compared to killers. More people play survivor so behaviour listen to them, noobs for the most part, crying for op killers but they don't do anything concrete to nerf survivors

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432010#Comment_1432010

    No, he's absolutely right, you don't have the time to not camp, not tunnel, and not slug. That's the problem with this game, you can't counter both the gen rush and the meta, because the meta is designed to counter the only counter you have to the gen rush. One hook mori is the only reliable way to beat a death squad.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432018#Comment_1432018

    The problem is the level of nerf. Yeah, they nerfed balanced, Insta heals, tool boxes, but nothing really changed how survivors play.

    When they nerf killer, they gut them. Take ruin, it was an early game slowdown that might be cleansed fast. They changed it to a late game pressure perk that can still be cleansed fast. If old ruin lasted two minutes, you had value, if it's cleansed in two minutes now, totally wasted.

    Nurse, they gutted her mobility, so it takes twice as long to cross the map. Billy is losing his mindgame, which is all he had.

    You understand everything my friend.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432232#Comment_1432232

    The nerfs you are talking about are on 3 killers. None of the other killers were nerfed and in fact 1 killer nerf is still in PTB, so it may not even happen.

    Major Survivor Nerfs that Affect all Survivors, not just a tiny few.

    1. Insta Heals
    2. Toolbox Nerfs
    3. Smaller Maps
    4. God Loops removed
    5. Gen speeds nerfed when multiple survivors are on the gen (Minor nerf)

    Remember that the Devs stats show all killers getting around a 60% kill rate in November. So the the games already killer sided.

    There, you are Killer-Biased. Do you even play survivor? (I really wish people would play both sides before commenting).

    1. I never used insta heals because no skill involved.

    2. Toolboxes had too many charges especially commodious toolbox with speed addons, you never needed a brain to use a toolbox just hold M2 and do gens faster so fun!!!!

    3. It was so much fun having perks like discordance to pop up on the other side of the map just to get there and the gen popped so fun.

    4. God loops/infinites if you think they were fair and required skill to use...... I really don't have anything to say.

    5. And yet you can use 1 perk to remove the debuff called prove thyself.

    Telling the other guy that he is killer biased and you are going full survivor biased.

    If you really played killer then you would know that those things that got removed really had a reason to be removed but they made those things way too weak which is my only problem.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432285#Comment_1432285

    1. I never used insta heals because no skill involved.

    2. Toolboxes had too many charges especially commodious toolbox with speed addons, you never needed a brain to use a toolbox just hold M2 and do gens faster so fun!!!!

    3. It was so much fun having perks like discordance to pop up on the other side of the map just to get there and the gen popped so fun.

    4. God loops/infinites if you think they were fair and required skill to use...... I really don't have anything to say.

    5. And yet you can use 1 perk to remove the debuff called prove thyself.

    Telling the other guy that he is killer biased and you are going full survivor biased.

    If you really played killer then you would know that those things that got removed really had a reason to be removed but they made those things way too weak which is my only problem.

    OldHunterLight, I was explaining to Dwinchester why he was being Killer-biased. He said the nerfs on Billy and Nurse were much worse than any survivor nerfs. I'm not going to explain the entire thread betwen Dwinchester and I. I think if you read the entire conversation, you would realize that your response doesn't make any sense in context to the thread.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    DS don't tunnel

    borrowed time don't camp

    Unbreakable don't slug and if you do it's only one time they can get up

    while I agree partially, those aren't all those perks are used for.

    DS - Just had an example last match, I hook Survivor 1, down survivor 2, hook survivor 2 (in the meantime, survivor 1 has been unhooked) Survivor 1 goes for the save, crosses paths with me knowing they have DS, I down survivor 1 get the DS, Survivor 2 gets saved, while I am still going through my stunned animation. *Not Tunneling*

    BT - its end game, you had a bad match but are still fighting for the 1-2K, you have survivor 1 on the hook, exit gates are powered. Survivor 2 (with BT) goes for save, takes 1 hit in the process, Survivor 1 now can take a hit and body block with BT for Survivor 2, then comes Survivor 3 getting behind them for a 3rd body block to ensure everyone gets out. *Not Camping*

    Unbreakable - This one is the only one I find exception to, I will say it is not toxic to slug at end game of a good "killer" match to ensure the 4K, you already have 2K, you down the 3rd Survivor, but have to slug, because if you hook, the 4th could be next to the hatch.

    I Love that survivors have options, so they don't have to deal with what they might consider a negative match, however lets not pretend these examples aren't what those 4man SWF with all the same perks are doing, its not to avoid camping/tunneling, its to take advantage of a couple game mechanics.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433042#Comment_1433042

    OldHunterLight, I was explaining to Dwinchester why he was being Killer-biased. He said the nerfs on Billy and Nurse were much worse than any survivor nerfs. I'm not going to explain the entire thread betwen Dwinchester and I. I think if you read the entire conversation, you would realize that your response doesn't make any sense in context to the thread.

    I'll admit I didn't read the whole convo, just read the last thing you wrote.

    If anything I believe the nerfs have been kinda 1:1 ratio.

    And I really hate the new Billy so much (even more unrelated to the topic)