Tunnelling
This was not nearly as much as a problem before the DS rework. After DS got changed, tunnelling surged in popularity.
Surely I cant be the only one who has noticed this.
This was not nearly as much as a problem before the DS rework. After DS got changed, tunnelling surged in popularity.
Surely I cant be the only one who has noticed this.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You'd think that would be counter intuitive, since DS specifically works after you're unhooked.
It was the same.
Define tunneling? Because that word gets used pretty liberally
You touched a bubbas chest did you?
Not in red ranks at least. Maybe down in green/yellow ranks where EVERYONE tunnels.
Now tunnelling is very frequent in every single rank, and this only occurred, in my 3+ years of experience, AFTER the DS rework.
You lose BP for tunnelling, and I need my P3 Pyramid Head and Clown.
So tldr, maybe in the low rank games youre accustomed to, Im sure tunnelling is very frequent. But it was never common in high ranks until after the rework.
Cant get mad at that. I defiled his property. I deserve to die.
Im defining tunnelling as the aggressive overfocus on one survivor, completely ignoring the others, sacrificing both the objective and other pressure, to ensure a kill.
Tunneling surged because ds got buffed massively when it originally got changed and adjusted to where it is not to mention the only real counterplay is eat it early and if you do that there is nothing really stopping you from deleting that person or having 4 separate alarms all on a min while you multitask who's doing what where while in a chase and to top it off ds has no counterplay during egc
In certain situations I'd eat that DS to ensure a hook state or kill later on... but other then that I go for my BBQ stacks first
Then again I've also forgot whom I hooked recently till I'm looking at the ground with DS stun in the corner of me screen
I do tunnel but not to death (so "light" tunnelling)... Is that bad honestly?
I dont get it. How is the majority's definition of Tunneling such a bad thing? Predator takes down the injured weakened prey as fast as it can. Leaving the others. What else is a killer to do, they kill.
Especially after you just smacked them. The prey runs. You give chase til you caught them.... how is that wrong?
What IS wrong, other players instantly running for saves right after their friend gets hooked. That's just dumb. In my book. Tou doing that gave a killer reason to chase the weakened prey again the sooner the killer hung them. But that's bad game tactics??. That's tunneling?? That's the killer's bad??.... (not to mention nearly everyone else clicking and tbagging "distracting" tactics instead of doing gens)
Okay, if the killer leaves and then comes back and your still there, or he finds you first, that's not tunneling. That's your fault for not capitalizing. So many people throw that word around and have no clue what it ACTUALLY is. Same w dace camping, which was nerfed forever ago and doesn't exist anymore. Only proximity camping exist...
Ikr. I'm a survivor main and am embarrassed by the whiny brats abusing the word tunnel. In my book, tunneling is when you come straight back to the hook to down someone and camp their body bc of d's. But yes, if a survivor hook bombs, going for the same person is absolutely ok. Punish the team for playing bad.
Again, everyone is missing my point entirely. I am a rank one killer main and a rank 3 survivor. I am merely pointing out that the uptick in aggressive tunnelling has increased since the DS change.
You said it's a problem, though. Tunneling is not a problem; it's just a tactic that some choose to do and some choose not to do.
You're not giving us your definition of Tunneling though. Even as someone said. As I defined Tunneling. There are many who definitions what Tunneling is. But that's the problem. What defines it. Considering you have a problem with it or at best, see it happening since DS (which is a perk is annoying. But not as much as Unbreakable. As a Killer, Downing them survivors then all a sudden one of them pops up lol. )
And as someone mentioned, there's camping. Thrown around by salty survivors. Because as said. No sooner a killer hooks one. Their survivor mate runs in and unhooked them. Which makes the killer have to go for a chase again. Which if caught the recently hooked, gets blame for camping. Which in my opinion. CAMPING is standing right in front of a hooked survivor feet away. Not bothering any other survivors. Til death. That's MORE the issue and which I seen alot of. Especially from Cannibals. More than I seen some tunneling. Which isn't definable.
Honestly if people have such an issue with tunneling, theres a REALLY easy solution. You just break demogorgon's tunnels, then he cant tunnel anymore.
The DS change is definitely going to cause less tunneling for survivors who play the same. It highly punishes tunneling. The only way the DS change would have increased tunneling for survivors who changed their playstyle to abuse the psuedo invulnerability period with DS by running at the killer while it's active and harassing them just so they can use it and waste the killer times. And surprise surprise. Guess what happens when you simultaneously do something to annoy the killer and get rid of the only thing protecting you from getting tunneled.
Jesus I leave this game for over a month comeback to my favorite killer being nerfed and people are still complaining about the same issues as when I left