Base Kit Buff For Survivors From A Killer Main
So after thinking a bit about how much I have been advocating for killer support and buffs, I felt like I needed to give survivors a fair shake in return. Tis only fair as I think there is definetley stuff that is unfair for survivors and their fun shouldnt be ignored in favor of the other side. So with that in mind lets talk about slugging :D
It has become very clear in that the devs are trying to minimize ways for people to camp and tunnel. loss of emblem points for hook proximity. The creation of DS, Borrowed Time, MoM even if it does suck, and maybe a few other Im failing of thinking of right now all combat a ultimatley lame way of playing that purposley ruins the fun of others just to win.
This also applies with slugging, a lot of perks have been made to combat slugging. Unbreakable, No Mither, that new cheryl perk. All of these perks make you be able to pick yourself up off the ground if you fully recover. However, these were bandaid solutions for wounds that have been prevalent since DBD started. We see it with the new chainsaw changes that they are trying to hurt those who camp.
With this in mind I think it would be a decent quality of life change for survivors if base kit for survivors allowed them to res themselves once per match. you could make it take longer and have that final little bit that you ussually need others to heal you for take twice as long to get through or whatever to balance it a bit better. However I just think that survivors do need a bit of power to stop themselves from laying on the floor for most of the match, it's not fair to them. This really is a second chance that they deserve. Can this be abused of course, but im not thinkiing about the 4 man monster bully squads im thinking about the average solo player.
Comments
saying they get up for free is a bit ignorant on what it means to be left alone long enough to fully recover your bar on your own. if this happens its soley because the killer left them, the killer made a mistake.
I still feel one of the biggest buffs survivors need is a speed boost coming off the hook. Maybe let it last 30 seconds, and during that time gen repair speed (in return) is reduced by 50%. This gives killers incentive to go after another survivor. It also prevents survivors with DS from just going to work on a generator and getting as much done.
Again they only get it once, they have to think if its the right time to use or if they should wait for another survivor or just take the hook. it takes a decent amount of time for someone to fully recover. you can stop it by just hooking them, it is a binary choice on the killers part.
DS should be base kit. They'd only get it once so it's not even that powerful.
U are seriously asking for survivor basekit buffs after they announced nerfing one of the best balanced killers in the game called billy and one of the very few who was just barely standing a chance against sweaty swf groups??
Man you have nerves.
I also have balls of steel. Jokes aside, I think its only fair that I try and bring attention to issues that plagues both sides. for the most part I have only talked about killer issues and have been pretty vocal and hard on BHVR for a lot of their #########. go through my post history and you will see I constantly advocate for killer buffs and disparage dumb nerfs for the killers side.
Id argue that it would indeed be powerful because its already powerful and its only used once as is. I dont know how to balance DS its a strong perk and will always be a strong perk. my only suggestion for it is that it should deactivate if a killer hooks someone else.
No. Just give em a way to elect to die after so long.
That slugging all 4 and leaving them on the ground, because you are afraid to pip and face real competition is bs.
I was joking lol. I don't think survivors should be able to pick themselves up. The only time I'd see it being balanced is maybe having 1 person be able to pick themselves up if everyone else is also slugged, but odds are at least 1 of the 4 people have unbreakable.
Id rather promote interactive gameplay instead of ways to just end the match. If I was a dev I would hope for my game to have systems in place to try and encourage playing through matches instead of just leaving them.
I dont thinks its fair to have to bring a singualr perk to solve a problem that is built into the game. Just like killers shouldnt have had to use Ruin before it got nerfed to make games last longer than a second, survivors shouldnt have to bring a perk to be able to play without crawling on the ground like worms for the whole match.
I get that. But those that like to employ this strategy only want to ruin others experience and don't care.
If they wanted interactions, they would hook them.
How bout no.
Why? :D
You wanna give survivors a free unbreakable. It'd make things a lot harder for killer n with unbreakable on I guess you're getting it twice? Imagine going against a good swf with this change.
I'm not saying you are not. I believe you without checking your history. I'm trying to say: it's a bad time to ask for survivor buffs with their recent announcement
Youre getting an unbreakable without the speed boost. I would argue with this change that unbreakable be changed to only include the speed boost to recovery and not allow people to get up a second time.
I think it's completely fair to ask one of four survivors to run a perk to counter a certain playstyle. Slugging to the extent where someone just crawls around the whole match doesn't happen often enough to warrant punishing other killers slugging one person for pressure.
im not being funny but i got hit and just ran forwards without using pallets or windows and 3 gens popped before i went down (was doing a no pallet/vault challenge) survivor is way too easy as it is and giving them that well youre asking for every killer to quit. i play mostly survivor because its so easy and chill it dont even matter. at real high ranks killers really cant do much to stop gens and thats just the way it is.... its completely the wrong way to go about changes
I can understand the anger, I can understand the annoyance. I however think there is a divide in the community and it wont be solved if people dont show that they want the game to be balanced instead of just their side being better. If I made this post when a major survivor nerf happened I would be accused of whining and trying to compensate for changes, If I do the post while killers are being nerfed I only anger them more. I want to be able to talk about stuff without fear for unwarranted hate. Could I have posted this random thought at a better time, probably but then the question becomes when is it appropriate.
I understand and beleive me I know. Im at those high ranks as a rank 3 killer/rank 4 survivor who goes against death squads often enough to know when the match is already lost. Believe me when I say I underrstand that SWF is completley broken and it will always be broken unless something major changes about it or the game itself. That doesnt stop people on the killers side from abusing the systems in place just like survivors do to take advantage of solo q survivors or very untalented SFW's
Sabo squad would destroy lmao
wasnt swf just people doing the gens they spawned near, and rank means nothing anymore or at most even less than it use to. iv been rank 1 for 3+years and my girlfriend is rank 2 with only 180hours on the game. while swf is a huge issue just the overall balance of the game is an issue and thats due to the messed up ranks, way too many rank 1`s and 2`s have no idea of loops, tiles etc, yet still remain at that rank because its too easy. when the game if full of good survivors, swf or not survivors have the advantages, thats not including meta perks, maps, or weaker killers. killers have to slug to win or even have a chance at doing so and so survivors should get a free unbreakable, i understand being slugged is annoying but its need to win as a killer so i understand it and cant be mad at it
I guess im just going to have to disagree with you, thats ok though. I definetley think that ranks are over inflated right now. In reality im probably just barely a red rank killer and more than likely a green or purple rank survivor if the old rank reset was still in effect. So we can agree on that. However I want to point out that advocating for buffs or nerfs of any singular kind wont fix the state of the game. It's like a giant puzzle and any single change for better game health is only a single piece. theres still tons of holes in the puzzle and its definettley not pretty to look at yet but its getting there, slowly but surely.
survivors are stronger though so i dont get how giving them a free 5th perk is going to be balanced, and if you dont balance at the high ranks then thats when it becomes broken, people can always learn to get better and so balance should be aimed at the higher skilled. im all for changes and balance but giving everyone unbreakable no, not with how fast gens are especially at high ranks. even getting a down every 20seconds isnt enough unless you slug or they arent doing gens, i suggest you wait and keep playing till rank 1 in both and you will see that a good team wins because getting 12 hooks before 5 gens is extremely hard when you counter in the possible loops and pallets that can spawn in, weaker killers, stronger survivor maps etc. so while a gen takes 80seconds solo and any good survivor should easily last 30-60seconds depending on setup... first thing is fix ranks so they can see how unbalanced it is, change moris and keys and go from there. wouldnt be surprised if gens get slowed down after a rank change. have to remember alot of people play for fun, even if theyre highly skilled at the end of the day they want fun, thats both sides and atm alot of killers arent happy and i completely understand. there shouldnt be games you just cant win or do good on because the survivors have tile/loop knowledge
I personally think there is a big issue with solo vs swf and it's gap which needs to be resolved or minimised as much as possible first
Completely agree, most of the community does too.
Because you're giving the Survivor team an additional 4 perks for free.
I feel like if a survivor was left on the ground for half+/ of their wiggle timer, it would be fair. also would stop people being slugged to death for not bringing unbreakable. you could recover up until the same point as now, but that can overflow if your left on the ground for way too long in a match (ie upwards of 1:30) because at that point its not really pressure for the killer, as either survivors aren't coming to save you, or you can no longer be saved on the ground
or, and I want you to just work with me here. Maybe perks shouldn't be created and used to solve problems. If we add to base kits we eliminate the need to create busted perks in the first place. saying that there are perks that solve the problem only admits that there is a problem without the perk. I've also stated before and I still dont think differently but if a survivor gets off of the floor by themselves that means the killer made a mistake.
It's weird you state that survivors are the ones who decide whats fair play. are you implying im a survivor main? Cause im not and I have the post and account history to prove it. you're jumping the shark and trying to hyperbolize my idea when its really not that insane. Its comments and responses like this that stop conversation and keep solutions from presenting themselves. pretty sad imo
You're still giving the Survivor team an additional 4 perks for free. 4 GOOD perks.
Everyone (and I mean everyone) would run DS because it would be an escape if they picked you up and an escape if they left you slugged.
Like killers are demanding what is fair play by wanting punishments and changes to remove SWFs, genrushing, and map sizes?
the killer could let them get up and then hit them down again to wait for the ds to go out, or we could compromise and say that DS deactivates if you res yourself
Killer main my butt. You clearly have never played enough killer to call yourself a main if you think it is a good idea to give all the survivors unbreakable for free.
Either that or... nice bait.
What do you want in return for it? im willing to compromise I have always been willing to listen so what do you think is fair for this change in return?
DS and Unbreakable is one of the strongest perk combos in the game. There’s a reason survivor teams that want to win run this combo, and you’d be giving them the Unbreakable half for free.
I really don’t think this would be balanced. Maybe at lower ranks, but in my experience killers at lower ranks don’t really slug. But this would have pretty major balance implications for high ranks, and would make the game even tougher for killers.
If you want to address slugging, you need to address both the reason it’s prevalent (gen speeds and map pressure) and the reason it’s more powerful against solos than it is against SWF (lack of coordination). But every survivor having built in Unbreakable would be WAY too strong of a base kit change, sorry.
I don't think there is a reasonable compromise that can be made. A worse Unbreakable at basekit is too much IMO. Especially as long as Decisive Strike remains.
Neither options solves the issue I brought up.
Let's say you get unhooked near me (killer). With the ability to self res (base kit) as you suggested (lets assume for the sake of this example they don't also have a perk for another self rez), my options are:
A. Ignore the unhooked person allowing them to heal or do a generator unimpeded.
B. Down the person, losing a little bit of distance on my intended target (unhooker) while I apply no pressure to the team as the person on the ground can self rez base kit without the need of a teammate.
C. Down the injured person and accept I have to take a DS hit so they don't get a self rez.
D. Down the injured person and stand around pointlessly for 60s to avoid DS or wait for a undetermined amount of time in hopes they try to rez themselves with me standing close enough to punish them.
There are no good options here. Couple this with the fact that this combo would become top tier meta, meaning this horrible situation has to play out up to 4 times in a single match. And as I said above this is assuming they don't also have unbreakable for a second self rez.
Sadly, devs are faking their "concerns" about since years and still havent actively tried to close the gap. And I'm not talking about band-aid fixing it with perks like they tried to convince us with the kindred buff
Base kit unbreakable..no way dude, that would be insanity