The Franklins change is to much imo

ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

its just to much.

the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

Comments

  • I even think the change is not enough. They should implement dropping items on dying state into the core gameplay.


    I play 60% survivor (red rank) and 40% killer (rank 6 currently). More interactions for survivors is a good change.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421364#Comment_1421364

    You do realize items are in the game for a reason and first if you chase a good killer you're guaranteed to get hit but what if you loop him all game?! Ive done that while injured and to think I get. punished for not killing myself is ######### and if this is the new Franklin's then we need a perk to delete killer add ons mid game if we escape a chase then or something because I have NOT stocked up SO MANY ITEMS TO LOSE THEM TO BAD KILLERS

    1 item, for 5 gens... and you said it ain't worth it?

    You can just drop the item yourself. Or pick it up during the chase.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1422911#Comment_1422911

    1 item, for 5 gens... and you said it ain't worth it?

    You can just drop the item yourself. Or pick it up during the chase.

    Shut up! I swear everyone says that do you not realize how dangerous that is? If I drop it in a dead zone and I go back mid chase im dead then I go pick it up and drip it ok fine. But if I kill myself just to do that I lose a hook state which can make or break the game and unless im in a swf no one can hold onto it so I don't kill.myself or to tell.me the killer has it. Like is everyone dumb and not know how to play survivor efficiently? Not every killer is an absolute potato where you can constantly put yourself in an easy down position and still win. Only certain areas may or may not be safe to do so and id rather keep.my.items and do a half gen chase then run all 5 gens get camped and tunneled with scared teammates or maybe I escape I brought an item to use it not lose it

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431260#Comment_1431260

    Shut up! I swear everyone says that do you not realize how dangerous that is? If I drop it in a dead zone and I go back mid chase im dead then I go pick it up and drip it ok fine. But if I kill myself just to do that I lose a hook state which can make or break the game and unless im in a swf no one can hold onto it so I don't kill.myself or to tell.me the killer has it. Like is everyone dumb and not know how to play survivor efficiently? Not every killer is an absolute potato where you can constantly put yourself in an easy down position and still win. Only certain areas may or may not be safe to do so and id rather keep.my.items and do a half gen chase then run all 5 gens get camped and tunneled with scared teammates or maybe I escape I brought an item to use it not lose it

    Mate... just drop the item as soon as you hear a heartbeat if you are that desperate about losing it.

    Or pick it back up mid chase, like tons of people do with current franklins.

  • I agree it is too much for standard items like medkits, I would take a guess though that this is being done to stop survivors farming keys from sacrificed survivors

  • Just spend some bps for your purple flashlights, easy peasy

  • I like the get rid of the key new Franklin's. Maybe it'll reduce the mori iridescent shitshow that is someone bringing a key now that there is less devestating alternative

  • @caz_ said:

    ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

    now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

    now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

    now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

    the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

    its just to much.

    the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

    a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

    Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

    Although I don't agree with your statement I am 100% sure the devs are trying to kill both killers and solo survs' fun so your thought process is spot on.

  • @caz_ said:

    ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

    now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

    now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

    now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

    the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

    its just to much.

    the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

    a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

    Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

    I mean I don't use items...like ever, so my opinion on this matter may differ from someone who does, however....

    Survivors no longer lose items (even when completely used up, though honestly saving 1% was easy) if they escape. Couple that with the fact that you can get items from chests during a match and can boosts those items by running perks all for FREE, I don't see an issue with Franky Spanky. You still get 90s to get your item or you have the minor inconvenience of having to dip into your pool of free item overstock.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1422911#Comment_1422911

    1 item, for 5 gens... and you said it ain't worth it?

    You can just drop the item yourself. Or pick it up during the chase.

    Picking up an item mid chase is usually how you give the killer a free hit and actually the biggest problem with this perk and the addon change for survivors is that the bloodwebs wre cluttered with trash and it's hard to get the items and addons you want.

    Therefore we recert the change to addons and tweak franklins because ik killers will be willing to make someone's item dissapear. We already have killers running moris during an event so it isnt even far fetched. And for all the killers saying otherwise 90% of flashlight addons are useless we have 4 good addons batteries and the filament.

  • Stop crying please. And I'm main survivor. A simple perk shouldn't affect you...

  • Franklin's still a waste of a perk slot IMO.

    If you have a key, you can easily 'hide' it somewhere on the map. You won't need it until hatch spawns anyway.

    Of course you could do the same with any other item... the only case where I could see if being a problem is if the killer is camping/tunneling but in that scenario you wouldn't have had a chance to use the item anyway.

  • @caz_ said:

    ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

    now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

    now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

    now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

    the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

    its just to much.

    the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

    a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

    Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

    Honestly I feel that 90 seconds is too much. With the aura reading It makes it too easy for a swf teammate to run over, pick it up and put it back down. Just another example on how the game cannot be balanced with both solo queue and swf's.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169548/the-franklins-change-is-to-much-imo

    Honestly I feel that 90 seconds is too much. With the aura reading It makes it too easy for a swf teammate to run over, pick it up and put it back down. Just another example on how the game cannot be balanced with both solo queue and swf's.

    Everyone seems to be suggesting different things. Who exactly sees the aura? I'm asking because some replies have suggested the Survivor can see it. However other people have suggested you need to run PI which would be unnecessary if survivors can already see the aura of the items.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432199#Comment_1432199

    Everyone seems to be suggesting different things. Who exactly sees the aura? I'm asking because some replies have suggested the Survivor can see it. However other people have suggested you need to run PI which would be unnecessary if survivors can already see the aura of the items.

    I believe the aura is seen by both.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421293#Comment_1421293

    SWF, according to dev stats from the past, make up for 70% of matches in some form. 2 man, 3 man, and 4 man.

    I knew i was seeing a lot of 3 man lobbies when i do killer because of the idles and them poppin in usually 3 to 4 at the same time. I also noticed sometimes there's 2 man, sometimes but much less common double two mans. Those I don't mind though even the double two mans as long as they don't pull the delayed ready up stunt to try and swap out toolboxes or flashlights. But it does necessitate tunneling with so many actually being actual 3 mans.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169548/the-franklins-change-is-to-much-imo

    Honestly I feel that 90 seconds is too much. With the aura reading It makes it too easy for a swf teammate to run over, pick it up and put it back down. Just another example on how the game cannot be balanced with both solo queue and swf's.

    you could do the same as solo if you know around where they got hit and knew they had an item from the lobby, that one really isn't too much of an advantage to swf actually. I play solo usually as survivor and I'll be happy to pick up and drop something if I know around where it's happened and it's safe and omw to a gen or totem.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432199#Comment_1432199

    you could do the same as solo if you know around where they got hit and knew they had an item from the lobby, that one really isn't too much of an advantage to swf actually. I play solo usually as survivor and I'll be happy to pick up and drop something if I know around where it's happened and it's safe and omw to a gen or totem.

    Yeah you could do that, the downside with solo q'ers picking it up is the person who's item got dropped will be looking for the aura and when they don't see it will give up thinking the entity ate it.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432335#Comment_1432335

    Yeah you could do that, the downside with solo q'ers picking it up is the person who's item got dropped will be looking for the aura and when they don't see it will give up thinking the entity ate it.

    good point there actually, I've done 3 man with object before, but not too often so I wasn't thinking about that aspect of it actually. plus there's just the risk involved in going back for an item unless you know where the killer is through somebody becoming injured or an aura like alert. A lot of folks probably avoid going back at least until they know it's safe in some way. So good point there.

  • Nothing to cry about. It's still a pretty lame perk.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431260#Comment_1431260

    Picking up an item mid chase is usually how you give the killer a free hit and actually the biggest problem with this perk and the addon change for survivors is that the bloodwebs wre cluttered with trash and it's hard to get the items and addons you want.

    Therefore we recert the change to addons and tweak franklins because ik killers will be willing to make someone's item dissapear. We already have killers running moris during an event so it isnt even far fetched. And for all the killers saying otherwise 90% of flashlight addons are useless we have 4 good addons batteries and the filament.

    equip aces perk and/or plumders and get new items.

    it's not hard.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431940#Comment_1431940

    equip aces perk and/or plumders and get new items.

    it's not hard.

    Number 1 it's not guaranteed you will escape. Number 2 that's a waste of time for me because I am stacked on my main from sheer blood points alone but this has been millions, millions of blood points just to get items and addons I need but if I level up my killer I get what I need in 1 or 2 blood webs.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432424#Comment_1432424

    Number 1 it's not guaranteed you will escape. Number 2 that's a waste of time for me because I am stacked on my main from sheer blood points alone but this has been millions, millions of blood points just to get items and addons I need but if I level up my killer I get what I need in 1 or 2 blood webs.

    1 - it's not garanteed you'll escape wih the item you bring either... what's the difference?

    2 - I don't see how this applies... if you run out, get more...it's free.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432621#Comment_1432621

    1 - it's not garanteed you'll escape wih the item you bring either... what's the difference?

    2 - I don't see how this applies... if you run out, get more...it's free.

    The difference is I dont have to use a perk slot on a mediocre perk instead of one that helps survivability. Once again it's not guaranteed to get more if it's not guaranteed to escape.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432773#Comment_1432773

    The difference is I dont have to use a perk slot on a mediocre perk instead of one that helps survivability. Once again it's not guaranteed to get more if it's not guaranteed to escape.

    you don't need to use a perk to get any item, you need one for better odds.

    you can keep your tryhard build intact.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432932#Comment_1432932

    you don't need to use a perk to get any item, you need one for better odds.

    you can keep your tryhard build intact.

    Ik and that's another point to be made its RNG to get an item you want so let's make a perk that can destroy it.

  • @caz_ said:

    ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

    now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

    now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

    now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

    the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

    its just to much.

    the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

    a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

    Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

    So I thought the same thing before I learned this is possible. When you know you'll get hit, drop your item by yourself and the timer doesn't apply.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432948#Comment_1432948

    Ik and that's another point to be made its RNG to get an item you want so let's make a perk that can destroy it.

    it isn't. because you can easily get a new one. for free.

    very few people are actually gonna lose their items unless the killer camps them. and even then he's basically giving up on a couple gens per item. very worth it for the survivors if you ask me

1 2 ›