Just remember, people on the forums love to overreact
Remember when they "nerfed" the Doctor with his recent rework?
Remember when sabo was OP because of a single video?
Remember when perks like For The People and Soul Guard were going to be top tier meta perks?
I tend to notice that whenever a change is announced people tend to make quick snap judgements that tend to lean towards either end of the spectrum. You can see it in the forums right now with how many people say that Billy was gutted.
That's not to say that you can't have an opinion on these changes, but it's important to keep in mind that we can only truly know how a change affects the game after playing with it. Sure it took a few weeks of sabo being in the live servers to realize that not much was changed or to realize that Doc was better than many people thought. Just keep this in mind and don't be too rigid with your first impressions.
With that said I'm looking forward to the PTB to see how much these changes affect the game.
Comments
Quick History in killer changes.
Take a look at the nurse changes, look how much feedback they got and how they ignored everything.
Mettle of Man
the reaction to that was justified and the perk was rightly deleted. most of the other massive outcry at all changes (remember when map reworks would kill the survivor community lol?) haven't really been once they get to playing with it. everyone claimed doc would be nerfed- he got buffed. people said freddy would be weak, he's one of the best. the only time the general outrage so far has been correct has been with nurse.
I'm not sure if it's just over reacting or that people are resistant to change in general. I just hope that people go into the PTB with an open mind and test things for themselves not just make an instant decision on something - I think that's what I find the most frustrating.
Exactly my point. Most of the controversial things that were changed happened after they were in the game for a while. We don't want the devs to massively nerf things from PTB just because people complained about it. The last time that happened we got old Freddy.
I'm used to it....or maybe I just grown up? 🤫
To be Fair: Its hard for the community to give the developers a Good Faith chance when they have acted in Bad Faith in the past on a similar change(Nurse rework).
A lot of people have being crying out for this Hillbilly nerf for years. They need to stand up and give support to the thing they have been campaigning for. I'm surprised they are so quiet.
Another thing I find frustrating is that people complain about the meta not changing or the devs being too slow to implement changes, and then every new perk and change is proclaimed as the worst decision ever and the end of the game. A ton of people threaten to leave or boycott and then a few weeks later the player base numbers are higher than ever.
I’m critical of Behaviour, I disagree with some of the stuff they do but I genuinely feel sorry for them when it comes to stuff like this. They have a player base that complains about the game being “stale” and changes being too slow and then whenever they announce any changes, the same player base completely freaks out. “Change the game - no, not like that!” should be the slogan of this community. People have selective memories and accuse the devs of only ever nerfing THEIR side, conveniently forgetting all the changes and nerfs the other side had as well as all the buffs they got. A lot of people here behave like spoiled children.
Along with that, I think people tend to forget that the forums do not necessarily represent the average player. There are tens of thousands of active players playing this game and what...maybe a couple hundred people here (couple thousand if you want to be generous).
It's why I find it funny when you get the "BOYCOTT KILLER!!!" or "BOYCOTT SURVIVOR SKIN X" or "BOYCOTT WHATEVER!!!!!" threads; you're talking to MAYBE 5% of the population of the game in forums (and out of those 5%, not everyone is going to agree to boycotting whatever your current pet peeve is). The opinions on the Forum does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the majority of players; the forum is just louder.
Sorry, but I gotta say this in the way I feel better portrays how I view the devs deal with balancing:
I’m not sure if it’s just over reacting or that people are resistant to change in general. Because of this, we’ve decided to push these unwanted changes into the game on the basis that people are over reacting, and not listen to anyone on the forums unless they’re giving positive feedback or criticism we can reasonably argue against. I just hope that when these changes from the PTB are pushed, people will keep their mouths shut about it and not over react or make an instant judgement on how it “shouldn’t have made it into the final game”. These changes are fine to US, and that’s what we find the most frustrating thing to deal with.
Maybe the devs should take the criticism they’ve CONSTANTLY been given about making major changes to the game instead of repeating the same mistakes, and ease the public through their actions. Only then, people will respect the dev’s decisions and not over react because they think the devs are going to ruin the game.