The devs need to sort out their priorities

I don't want to hate on the devs but they really need to sort out their priorities. The game is in an awful state right now, for example, Ghastly Gateus don't work properly, matchmaking is awful, VPNing killers, Hillbilly and Oni are bugged, lots of sound bugs and the new map is pretty bad for both sides. I know they can't fix everything wrong with the game at once but they really need to do more than small patches here and there. It would be really beneficial to the game if instead of getting a new chapter and new cosmetics they instead fixed everything they could in that 2/3 months. Or they could make it so there was a new chapter every 4 months instead of 3 which would mean they could focus more on bug fixes. But, sadly, I doubt anything will change.

Comments

  • the devs dont actually wanna fix anything and it shows

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1400437#Comment_1400437

    It's a shame they don't see the light and finally do this. I could care less for a new DLC for a few months. I'd rather see the game get improved overall, rather than have another 20 cosmetics slammed into the game, a killer that will, most likely, break other killers and in turn let a ton of bugs start popping up.

    i mean this is par for the course

  • This game seriously needs an Operation Health, or its gonna take another 3 years to at least make all perks viable.

  • @Peanits said:

    Ghastly Gateaus are being fixed in the next hotifx, a new matchmaking system is gradually being tested in some regions, VPNs should become a non-issue with the upcoming server side hit validation, and bug fixes are on the way. As for the new map, while I don't discount your opinion, it is exactly that, an opinion. I've seen a lot of people say that they like that map as well.

    Just about everything you've mentioned is being worked on and should be resolved in the near future, some (Gateaus) sooner than others.

    Forgive us, but we'll believe it when we see it. The exact same things have been said for years. This current matchmaking was "being tested in specific regions" like 2 years ago and was almost unnoticeable when it launched, with just as many complaints about red ranks and brown being thrown together.

    What people are saying is that we'd like to see a focus on bug fixes, because the game has invariably been plagued with recurring sound bugs and the likes for years at this point. Small things get 'fixed' and then come right back with a hotfix the next week where they go back to being worked on for months. It would honestly just be lovely to be able to rely on sound in a game where you're SUPPOSED to be able to hear things like footsteps and breathing, but it's broken more often than not so why bother?

    Many games have done some form of "operation health" and been greatly praised for it. Rather than patching a handful of small bugs while adding twice as many alongside other changes, just have a large scale cleanup that would hopefully last longer than 2 weeks before the same bugs return.

  • @BingBongBoi_69 said:

    I don't want to hate on the devs but they really need to sort out their priorities. The game is in an awful state right now, for example, Ghastly Gateus don't work properly, matchmaking is awful, VPNing killers, Hillbilly and Oni are bugged, lots of sound bugs and the new map is pretty bad for both sides. I know they can't fix everything wrong with the game at once but they really need to do more than small patches here and there. It would be really beneficial to the game if instead of getting a new chapter and new cosmetics they instead fixed everything they could in that 2/3 months. Or they could make it so there was a new chapter every 4 months instead of 3 which would mean they could focus more on bug fixes. But, sadly, I doubt anything will change.

    I'm just questioning why a once a year temporary event bug is more important than fixing bugs such as Sally's bugs, Dwight not making any sounds when he jumps off of something without BL, etc. Their priorities are baffling to me

  • i love the new map as killer or survivor i don't know why people hate it.

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1399041#Comment_1399041

    " A lot of people say they like the map " ๐Ÿ˜‚ please tell me where I want to see a unicorn too!

    I like the new map. I like the look. It's not that confusing when you get used to it. Oddly, though, it's an in door map that is survivor sided. Many obstacles to hide behind.

  • @BingBongBoi_69 said:

    I don't want to hate on the devs but they really need to sort out their priorities. The game is in an awful state right now, for example, Ghastly Gateus don't work properly, matchmaking is awful, VPNing killers, Hillbilly and Oni are bugged, lots of sound bugs and the new map is pretty bad for both sides. I know they can't fix everything wrong with the game at once but they really need to do more than small patches here and there. It would be really beneficial to the game if instead of getting a new chapter and new cosmetics they instead fixed everything they could in that 2/3 months. Or they could make it so there was a new chapter every 4 months instead of 3 which would mean they could focus more on bug fixes. But, sadly, I doubt anything will change.

    Wait what happened to oni?

  • @Peanits said:

    Ghastly Gateaus are being fixed in the next hotifx, a new matchmaking system is gradually being tested in some regions, VPNs should become a non-issue with the upcoming server side hit validation, and bug fixes are on the way. As for the new map, while I don't discount your opinion, it is exactly that, an opinion. I've seen a lot of people say that they like that map as well.

    Just about everything you've mentioned is being worked on and should be resolved in the near future, some (Gateaus) sooner than others.

    im very curious on this positive feedback for the map

    you are either holding W to win or run to a room without pallets and die

    it sucks for both sides

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1399041#Comment_1399041

    " A lot of people say they like the map " ๐Ÿ˜‚ please tell me where I want to see a unicorn too!

    As a survivor; I actually like the new map. If you're with a SWF group you can easily dominate a killer.

  • Agreed. I would happily go without skins/special events/passes in order to have more dedication on game fixes and optimisation.

    The odd bloodhunt here and there, fine.

  • i don't get why they are doing new graphics. Sure i like that it's pretty cool i appreciate the effort, really, but i think that game balance and bug fixes are more important, excpecially in this game.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1399041#Comment_1399041

    Good, but there is one issue not mentioned in this comment. What about the Hillbilly bug that makes him get stuck in walls everytime he hits one?

    (Some Oni bug was mentioned by the OP, but this I haven't encountered so far)

    About the map... what did some people like about it? Because when it comes to visual appeal, it's my favorite map, but for gameplay, is the one I dislike the most. In other words, I love how it looks but I hate playing on it.

    the Oni bug is with his power. It isn't supposed to passively recharge to full but it does but you can't use it. So you have to hit a survivor to fix this.

  • the Oni bug is with his power. It isn't supposed to passively recharge to full but it does but you can't use it. So you have to hit a survivor to fix this.

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1399041#Comment_1399041

    " A lot of people say they like the map " ๐Ÿ˜‚ please tell me where I want to see a unicorn too!

    I like Midwich. Only as a survivor though.

  • I love the new map. It's literally the ultimate game of hide and seek. Even in high ranks, it's incredibly fun to play on.

1 2 โ€บ