2 years later
"Just give her time, learn how to play her, she is not low tier, she is top tier. I dunno, play another 2 years, she is fine."
"Just give her time, learn how to play her, she is not low tier, she is top tier. I dunno, play another 2 years, she is fine."
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
1 week later :
"She's fine as she is, devs said so
"
Quit whining, we all , as a community, worked hand on hand to balance her and make her FUN (TM).
Don't be tahxic
Just dont buy her, maybe devs will learn their lesson some day
"We got only positive feedback, because negative must be false, so we think she is OK. Also the PTB is over :====DDDD"
My shards are ready for her - the wallet no.
"...and you don't play meta killer ?
"
Lmao ######### you
More or less.
She's stronger than Nurse right now kappa
I actually am okay with that. Newcomers need to have easy but not effective killers. There are two problems with this though.
Why would you make a horror icon like leatherface an easy not effective killer? If anything, billy should have had leatherface's ability while leatherface having billy's ability.
Why would you create 1 or 2 killers for the high ranks and 9-10 for the low ranks? Newcomers and average killers need 4 killers to play. Other 8 should be viable at high ranks.
You sure don't like being in the minority, hm?
This is why I don't like licensed killers in the game. I grew up in the 80s, and my life completely revolved around going to see the latest Nightmare on Elm Street, or Friday the 13th, or Halloween. I even remember seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 in the theater. I've been a die-hard horror fan for my entire life. This game has taken so many of these horror icons that were such a huge part of my life and turned them into irrelevant jokes.
Michael Myers isn't scary anymore. He's not a threat. He's just annoying to play against.
It's the same for all of the licensed killers that have been added to the game. They're not legendary icons anymore. They've been turned into worse versions of original killers, in some cases, and annoyances in others.
I'd rather BHVR just stick with making original killers in the future, instead of ruining even more horror legends.
Don't come on a forum and start acting like a dou**e for no reason.
Have we seen god-like nurses within 3 days of her release? She's rated as hard killer by BHVR, it means something, and even if she ends up as mid-tier killer, I think that mid-tier killers are fine.
If you want to tryhard and get 24th 4k win in a row then go get nurse. One stupidly-strong-killer-if-you-play-her-right is enough.
Having said that, she needs a better way of tracking survivors. Scratchmarks even with Predator are mildly confusing in grass.
If you don't see the difference between my post, and his bait, aggressive post with putting words in my mouth, then I'm really sorry for you.
Uhm Billy is rated Easy, Wraith Intermediate and Laurie Hard. So i don´t really think the rating means much.
Also the rating changes every season.
https://scr.hu/k3qq5lB
k, now go away wild survivor, shoo.
There is one thing you can't realise with your tiny, 12-year old brain - the fact experienced players can NOW do good with her, does not mean she will stay in the same spot forever. Survivors do not even know how to play against her, don't know they are invisible. Once they realise it, they will bully her to death.
The fact "people" like you are defending her so much is suspicious. When you were screaming for nerfs for Freddy, he was already #########, survs just did not know how to play against him. I wonder in what condition she must be, if you defend her so much?
PS. Stop being such a child in your posts. This thread was a satire/sarcasm, but as always, some survivor must went here and throw ######### at right and left.
Pot meet kettle, you say stop being childish just after insulting him with a 12 year old brain comment. You do realize how hypocritical that looks right? It doesn't matter if your post was intended as satire or not especially considering your comments in another thread that was satirical.
You can assume she'll have issues all you want but until she actually gets released and any adjustments get made you can't say for certain.
My god, you again. I won't comment your troll posts, because you seek only reasons to start flame wars. Bye, my sweet prince.
Billy is rated easy, because you don't have to play a lot to understand his power, starting skill level for him is just vroom around the map.
With Wraith you have to learn when and where to get out of invisibility to make it useful.
Survivors are rated by their teachable perks - Playing with DS (easy), Sole Survivor (nearly useless) and OoO (you HAVE TO know what you are doing) is hard compared to optimal builds.
This rating is based on amount of time to be decent with that character. And does the rating really change every few patches?
That rating is useless, to be honest, it does not say anything about the killer. There are different kind of people, different preferences and minds, one killer can be easy for X player, but difficult for Y player.
Also I do not know if the rating changes, I did not put attention to it.
For us? Yeah, It might be trash, because we already spent a few hundred hours with those killers and know how they work, new player when faced with hillbilly and doctor will understand the first one a lot easier.
With Rin we all are "new players" trying to get grasp on her power's concept and how to use it. That's why PTB lasts for a week, so we can get used to her and then decide how she's doing.
First off, it's not as anyone is forcing you to buy her/play her. Just don't play her then, problem solved.
Second: sure, criticize it if you feel she's not quite up there, but you can't possibly think repeatedly saying "she sucks" without some supporting arguments is productive. Maybe she'll get some tweaks. Maybe she won't. In the end, it's not up to any of us personally. It's up to the devs. Get over it.
So, if we would criticize her after the PTB, would you accept it, or just, like others, say "It is too soon, she has been out for 1 month only, git gut stop cryin'"?
Without supporting arguments? Really? Go check other threads.
Yes, it changes. Billy was rated Hard a few months ago. Trapper was Intermediate. Now both are Easy.
I really don´t know why they change the rating tho.
I was replying to your starting post here. And it's anything but productive.
I'm not even saying wait out the end of PTB period. This is exactly the time to list the issues with the new chapter. So if you have detailed observation somewhere else, that's cool.
But this: "Just give her time, learn how to play her, she is not low tier, she is top tier. I dunno, play another 2 years, she is fine." It's nothing. Just spam.
**Edited some extraneous stuff out and I'm not trying to start a flame war. Merely pointing out you're doing stuff you're calling others out on.
**
You admitted this was a troll post..You told someone they have a tiny 12 year old brain and then said to stop being childish.
I agree with you and ask questions when you have a good post/point but I'll call both sides out when I see something like that. I'm not trying to insult people or flame them, merely point out that issue. When I go to insult it's pretty obvious and I've yet to actually start a full on flame war. It's not productive and the mods would probably insta ban me within minutes of doing so.
So consider this a peace offering of sorts since neither one of us gets anywhere with the insults etc.
You recognise, that being able to see blood is currently a bug, and after the fix, she won't see it, unless she runs an ultra-rare addon? That's why I said survivors need to know how she works, so they will trump her. Without all information about her people claim she is good, but actually she is not.
20s cooldwon to use her power is a joke, as well as long charge time and not being able to move while charging. Combine it with the upcoming fix, the survivors who adapt and realise, that while she tries to mindgame them on the loop, they can just walk away from it and hide/go to another loop, stop running while in chase etc, and see how well can she do.
Btw. many people are basing their opinions on streamers' videos, where they play on KYF with the best addons/perks and with people who are casuals and just want to have fun playing with their favourite streamer, sometimes just hand themselves to them just for fun. They are not normal, competitive players from high ranks.
The cooldown for her abillity is way to long. No other killer has such a long cooldown. This means she can´t use her abillity non stop as a killer who relies heavily on her abillity.
This makes her weak.
I swear this threads are so entertaining
Did they say the bug is going to stay that way ie she has to use Ultra Rare addon or will it be a tier based thing for addons? As in she gets to see blood at all 5 tiers of items brown, yellow, green purple, pink. The higher the tier the longer she can see the blood similar to say Predator.
...?
She has only one addon, that allows her to see the blood, and it is an ultra-rare. There are no brown, yellow and green addons for it. Right now it is a bug, and will be fixed in the next patch probably.
Ok thanks for clarifying that, hopefully in this weeks dv stream they discuss that. I've been watching random streamers play her and getting surprise grabs so I'm curious how that'll be addressed.
Note that this "thing" got 7 "awesome".
We got the community we deserve i guess...
Because it is HIM, you get it? HE can't be at fault, because it is HIM.
Hypocrisy at it's best.
Well we are talking about a she killer here so he can be right technically speaking.
You basically summarized the history of DbD in one sentence.
And now you are trolling.
Shou ! Under the bridge.
I think shes quite alright actually AND SHE LOOKS COOL TOO.
She might be BAE level for me at least and she is "free".
SHE is ######### TERRIFIYING. Dont mess with Lady Rin.
She has a ton of mindgame potential which is freaking great.
So does Freddy.
Freddy has mindgame potential? I dont think so . At least not at Rin's level ,
The new killer is not trash, but she's extremely weak. Her power is easy to counter, she can only use it every ~25 seconds, her base speed is reduced for some reason and you can still hear her in invisibilty.
The fact, the killer can't see a survivor while in m2 or their blood and only their scratch marks which appear at a 3 second delay makes her low tier on low ranks.
You can mindgame the ######### outta her.
It's like the pig with only the crouch attack.
And 20s cooldown, and disability to see the survivors, and loooon charge time, and 110% speed...
Corrected that.
I think she is at least mid tier Personally.
Right now yes, but only because survivors do not know how to play against her.
Of course he has. He can easily break a chase and come back when they start healing.