Repressed Alliance needs a change
As a constant red rank for the past 2 years, killer and survivor main. Whenever I play killer I constantly fight these red ranks clicky click toxic t-bagging swfs. The newest weapon to their arsenal is Repressed Alliance. I am a rank 1 clown main who tries his best to play fair, no camping, no tunneling, ect. Every game I play nowadays is full of blocked gens to counter my Ruin and PGTW. After 2.5k hours I don't see how anyone could resist the urge to tunnel these dirty swfers abusing their op second chance perks. I hope someone at BHVR reads this and understands they need to stop being so survivor biased. This is why the survivor queues are so long, I don't know how much longer I can keep playing this game. I'm sure there's many other people following my lead.
Comments
Are you actually complaining that their is finally "sorta" a anti-pop perk? Pop literally adds an extra 2-4 gens to the game.
Repressed Alliance doesn't even fully counter Pop, because it's duration is way to long. It's currently 40/50/60... Meaning it easily last longer than Repressed Alliance can.
How would you like it if I said.
As a constant red rank for the past 2 years, killer and survivor main. Whenever I play survivor I constantly fight these red ranks tunneling and camping toxic killers. I am a rank 1 survivor who tries his best to play fair, no DS or Hook Rushing. Every game I play nowadays is full of Ruing and Pop. I don't see how anyone could resist the urge to t-0bag this dirty killers who are abusing slowdown perks. I hope someone at BHVR reads this and understands they need to stop being so killer biased. This is why the killer queues are so long, I don't know how much longer I can keep playing this game. I'm sure there's many other people following my lead.
Now to be fair, I play more killer than survivor, but this statement goes both ways.
Lol the perk is fine
Heavy agree - The perk is broken. The only thing we had to stop the genrush was PGTW and Ebony Mori's, and now its completely broken. Especially when every game is a 4 man deathsquad swf all with beamyboys, there is no counterplay to flashlights. I cannot count how many mice I have broken due to walking up to the gen after a hook only for it to be blocked by YET ANOTHER second chance bull** perk.
It's a good and balanced perk, I'm happy seeing survivors bring something slightly different for once. Pop lasts a minute, you have 30 seconds where they can't interact the gen either, make use of your time.
This post sucks dude.
lol
People out here complaining about not being able to kick a gen for a few seconds
Lmao "no counter to flashlights", okay
In my day swf teams ran four sprint bursts with an object of obsession, or 4 x DS/unbreakable/BT, and that was the way we liked it
The dlc barely came out, how many mice have you destroyed over this?
Finally a post that speaks to me.
After 2.5k hours I don't see how anyone could resist the urge to tunnel these dirty swfers abusing their op second chance perks. I hope someone at BHVR reads this and understands they need to stop being so survivor biased.
This is the gospel truth.
Holy ######### killers need to stop with this. The perk is FAR from op and you aren’t going against a swf swats every game. You’re just as bad as people that complain about a killer “camping” and “tunneling” when they really aren’t
I've already made a post that explains how RA doesn't even counter the one perk it's, (poorly), designed to counter. But I'll reiterate my points:
I don't know why people think it's good. In very specific situations, maybe. But OP? Not in the slightest.
The game didn't need an anti-pop perk. That's the problem: PGTW exists to correct the fact that the game is balanced around 1-2 survivors each match running around like headless chickens. It definitely doesn't add an extra 2-4 generators to the game, it just makes hooks actually valuable. And makes certain killers overpowered by easy, but that's not a perk problem and it shouldn't get baindaid-fixed like the Devs love to do.
Kind of a rich post considered in the same patch they came out with a Killer (not a perk slot, a basekit Killer) who nullifies two perks designed to help alleviate some of the most obnoxious game play in the game. This game and the devs havent had survivor bias for A WHILE. Also, idk what platform you play on but survivor queues are quick for me. Just recently the forum has been complaining about Killer queues. If you need a break, take one. 7 days to die is pretty fun and relaxing. 😂
The game is balanced around 2 people escaping, not a 4k for the killer. The devs have said multiple times they want a 2k with 2 escape as the average.
My apologies you are correct its only an extra 2-3 gens not 2-4 gens. Every time you hook someone you can regress a gen by 25%, meaning every 4 uses of Pop literally added a whole gens worth of time to the survivors side. You should be able to use pop up to around 9-10 times before the game is over.
I don't even know how to begin.
The whole 2K thing is BS. The game works out players individually, not as a whole. That means that those two people that escaped effectively won, the two deaths probably won (pip is the system the game uses, remember?) and the killer at best drew. Even if the two deaths also black pipped, that's 2 other people that are borderline guaranteed a 'win' in a draw game. A DRAW GAME WHERE 4 OF THE 5 PEOPLE 'WON'. And, by the way, it is mathematically improbable, if not outright impossible depending on the character you play as, for a killer to pip with only 2 kills because of the sheer amount that kills add to their scorecard. (I'm taking this from the red rank pip maths, because why wouldn't I.)
Now try playing an average killer with no gen slowdown. Your sainted 2K matches just won't happen against teams that are at your skill level: the game is balanced around each survivor team having a moron that dies easy and just gets them a minute of gen time. But this is DBD, where SWF rule and pipping is easy, so each and every match could be yet another deathsquad, solo or SWF it really doesn't matter, or it could be 4 morons that barely know the game. That inherently muddies the stats, and is the Devs cheap way of 'proving' that the game has this magical 2K average, but refuses to take into account that escapes aren't wins (or letting your team die to get hatch would be an automatic pip) and you were destroying/getting destroyed by people under or above your skill level. I know DBD is a casual game... But casual and unfair are not the same thing.
And now for pop: the perk that you shouldn't use more than a couple of times per match. It does not add a whole extra generator or three: it regresses an already existing generator. If someone is working on it solo, that's 20 seconds a pop. Or 11 seconds for 2 people. Or about 7 for three. See where this is going? Unless you're playing one of the top mobility killers, mindlessly hooking and popping doesn't help at all, especially of the team splits into 2 teams of 2.
If there was a perk that ACTUALLY added 2/3/4 extra generators, that would be the meta. Hands down. Nothing would compare. So don't pretend that pop is as powerful as actually adding extra generators. Dont even pretend it's as powerful as adding 1 extra generator. That's just silly. A whole extra generator? Just imagine the 3-gen strats. You would have 1 almost every game. Doc would be meta.
Ok, I understand that having a coordinated (toxic) swf where all have this perk can be frustrating in the mid-late game where they can activate it. You need 60s gen repairs to activate it ONCE for 30s (half the time as Pop). So roughly 4 gens need to be done for every survivor to get it.
If they spam it to prevent you from using Pop then they can't repair it either. Try to down one of them while they can't work on it. They are probably doing this twice but then they can't get it activated anymore.
I don't know in which region you play but I rarely see this perk here in Germany. I also tried to see if I would put it into my base kit again at high mobility Pop users (Freddy, Nurse, Spirit, Billy), but I never really got value out of it. Sometimes I couldn't even activate it once.
As for your first part, the game is team based with two teams, not individually based. Even excluding SWFS, its still 1v4 not 1v1v1v1v1. This means that a win/draw/lose status is more based on the actions of the team as a whole not an individual. So this whole, they survivor PIP so they won. Honestly All you need to PIP even in red ranks is 2 deaths and do well in the other three groups. I am a killer in the red ranks and average between 2-3 kills per game so I know this is true.
As for your second paragraph. I don't run any gen (or slow down for that fact) related perks with the exception of Corrupt and I only run it because it doesn't effect survivors, it just effects which gens can be done. I play all of the following killers at red ranks Wraith, Hag, Huntress, Freddy, Pig, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Ghost Face, Deathslinger and now the Executioner (I've only played him perkless since release). So you don't need gen perks, you need to get off your high horse and realize there are four other people playing this game most likely trying to have fun and not feed your tryhard sweaty playstyle. And I am just going to skip over your "swat style SWF" section, because honestly it happens so rarely its not even worth mentioning.
Onto the next section of [BAD WORD], Pop removes 25% of progress... Each time you kick a gen, you essentially add 25% more progress that needs to be done tome complete it. So no it doesn't add physical gens it adds gen time. A gen normally takes 80 seconds to complete, a Popped gen can take between 80 and 160 seconds to complete... Interesting 160 seconds is a base gen plus a whole other gens worth of time.
popping doesn't help at all
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAMN I am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. If Pop was as useless as you say it is, it wouldn't be run by 9/10 freaking killers. Hear I'll even be nice, 8/10 killers. If Pop was so useless people wouldn't care about Repressed Alliance. Which by the way only last 30 seconds but the Pop Perk boosting so many bad killers to red ranks last 60... So you can literally wait RA out.
You seem to think adding more gen time isn't equal to adding another gen and I do. If I have to work on a gen for 80 than its one gen, if I have to work on it for 140 seconds, then its a gen and half, if I have to work on it for 160 seconds than its two gens, if I have to work on it for 200 seconds than its a 2 and a half gens, if I have to work on it for 240 seconds than its 3 gens. I don't care home many physical gens I have to work on, I care how many much time I have to work on a gen.
What do you mean by play fair? You should be using every in-game opportunity to its fullest, whether those are slugs or hooked survivors. If you're using Pop, Ruin, Corrupt (to a lesser extent), etc. you're fabricating a false reality that the game is already built to give survivors three hooks each when it's not.
You using Pop and then making a post complaining about survivors revealing the unbalanced nature of gens in this game (if you're not on your A game in three genning survs) is something that shouldn't be the case. You should be making posts about the state of the game and how Pop ****s with future balancing so hard.
If this post didn't make sense, it's probs because I wrote it out of annoyance bc Pop.