What if Trail of Torment highlighted all generator auras?
It was explained in the recent dev stream they want the gen you kick to be highlighted so it can give survivors a heads up and they aren't completely blindsided by it.
I still disagree with this, but if they insist on giving survivors a warning, why not highlight all gens with a yellow aura (besides completed gens and ones being currently worked on) instead? That would still give survivors a fair warning, but they won't know the exact direction you're coming from.
It would provide more tension for the survivors and gives the killer more opportunities to be unpredictable.
Comments
Would be a really strong time saver for survivors, especially on the harder survivor maps, can we just have a perk that doesn't help the survivors?
Fair point. I didn't consider it might help the survivors find generators easier, especially on indoor maps. Though, let's be honest, gens aren't hard too hard to find and I would say a good majority of survivors know where to look anyway. I think it's a decent trade if it makes the undetectable status more effective.
In a game where seconds make a huge difference, saving time for multiple survivors repeatedly is a huge hit.
I say just get rid of the yellow gen period. That would balance the perk out, and still not make it too strong. It's 16 secs. C'mon...
I think the perk should just make survivors oblivious for x amount of time.
Hey, thats an interesting idea, maybe not all gens, but 3 at random, that way survivors will have to guess which one the killer kicked
Im down for that idea. You would think the devs learned from gf but they didn't. If you tell survivors the killer is stealthed than whats the point of going stealth? The survivors should be afraid the killer could pop up at any minute. This is a horror game and the killer is "suppose" to be the power role......isn't it?
I'm not disagreeing with that. I would prefer the perk not highlight a generator at all. But since the devs seem to really want to give the survivors a heads up I figured this was somewhat of a compromise.
Dunno why they just didn't global sound que it or something. Bloody highlighted gen.
I don't think the perk needs a way for Survivors to know about it, but if the devs are insistent on it, why not give the Survivors some sort of cue AFTER the Killer manages to surprise someone and land a hit? That way, Survivors are aware of the perk and will be mindful of it for the remainder of the trial, but they don't know about every use in advance, which would make the perk pointless.