Dear Fellow Survivors Mains
This video right here is the reason Killers hate you all so much. Excuse the language, especially at the end of the video:
For those not willing to watch the clip, I ended up winning this one. I made a few mistakes here and there as Killer as it has been a minute, but I just wanted this to be here to show how hypocritical Survivor mains really are. Keep in mind I AM A SURVIVOR MAIN.
This is why Killers camp you. This is why Killers hate you. This is why they all call you a bunch of babies that have to have their hands held. Where is your sense of respect and honor? These guys had the gall to call me a tryhard, but seemed to be a full 4 stack, looped me, teabagged me, taunted me, disrespected me as a Killer at every opportunity, and then quit my game when they get bodied?
This game is still hugely frustrating. You can see towards the end of the video how my screen is shaking, because I'm so angry my hand cannot stay still. These players continue to make playing Killer a living nightmare. The new pallet changes are good, there are several instances in this video where I manage to land hits I otherwise wouldn't have due to the removal of the vacuum.
However the problem of looping is still ever so present. As you can see, pallet spawns are still absolutely ridiculous. At what point do you plan to make this game fun for the Killers, BHVR?
Comments
With all due respect, you were way too emotional about the 4 D.C.s. If the Feng had looped you all game while the other 3 popped generators like water balloons at a birthday party, then all four escaped due to Decisive, Borrowed, Insta-heal meta, I'd be more willing to see your frustration. DC'ing isn't a survivor-only phenomenon--it happens on both sides equally. Can't tell you how many times I've had killers DC because they couldn't catch anyone. I myself have gotten frustrated and DC'd as both killer AND survivor. It happens. Besides, it's PTB, so it's not like DCs are gonna be punished. And survivors probably talk crap in the post-game chat because they KNOW it annoys killers when they say "try-hard" and "gg noob killa ez" and killers fall for the bait every single time. If I'm playing killer, I NEVER read the post-game chat. I just leave, because they taunt you whether you win or lose the match. Some are nice, but I'm not sticking around to find out.
You played awful that round.
It was wise to slug that survivor near the pallet. If you picked her up no doubt the others would have stunned you, forcing you to drop her. But, Jesus man, if this is how your typical killers play, no wonder you hate pallets.
I didn't play "awful." I played subpar to what I usually do. This whole following thing is how you win at Rank 1 dude.
I'm not a Killer main, I'm a Survivor main. Attempts to trick the Feng? How? By hiding my red stain, when they have a third person camera? By trying to fake out and go around a different way? That would just give her more distance and reset the loop. Literally going around the other way against a looper is a terrible decision. This is something that was discussed over a year ago on Steam forums. Against a full team of decent loopers, if you don't simply follow them and force the pallet to be dropped ASAP, you will lose.
I like you are giving advice that would literally lose the match for any other Killer that isn't Billy or Nurse, because keep in mind, every other Killer would have to land TWO hits as opposed to one. This is how high rank killers play because this is pretty much the only way to win. If you try to play "mindgames" around a loop, you waste too much time. She was super dependent on the pallets, she did not attempt to lose me at any point, she just wanted to waste my time. There was no attempt on her part to actually lose me, and when their plan didn't work, they all quit.
@Runiver you see this? Apparently we should start dropping survivors and breaking gens midchase.
The fact I can do everything that Feng did and use half the number of pallets says something about the Survivor playerbase.
Just a little tip here - don't upload clips/videos through twitch for people to have to watch. It's common knowledge that twitch is ass at playing back prerecorded stuff. It is far easier for people to watch clips/videos if you import it from twitch to YouTube then post the YT video.
Dude, don't get me wrong but you should stop playing killer if you get easly triggering like this. I have 1600+ hours in this game, %70 survivor %30 killer and i believe im decent as killer ( especially Billy ) and im telling you this is nothing, you played poorly as i saw and if u meet with 4 highly experienced survivor swf group in this level they will drive you nuts, your hands will shake like you're having a mental breakdown
In my opinion this is rule #1 Always keep calm while playing killer. You can't always win, but learn and try have fun. 
p.s: sorry for my bad english !
It was a highlight I made from my stream.
Nah man don't get the wrong idea, I don't normally play this lividly. On my stream, and on my Youtube, I have videos of me playing and staying calm against players just like this all the way to Rank 1. I don't typically get this angry at the game, but as I said, this was my first time playing Killer in months. Last time I played was back in October when I got to Rank 1?
I definitely played not as well as I normally do. I'm a survivor main and there's a reason I avoid Killer for the most part. This was in the PTB so I had to test the new pallet mechanics know what I'm saying? And I do think it made a big difference for sure, however, I suppose I should have expected even my first game back to be an annoying one. Keep in mind I also wholeheartedly believe SWF is still not a proper in this game. It has been and still is balanced around 4 solos, this is what SWF does. I have 700 hours in this game and I've been here since the first day.
This was an example of a bad game for me, but also still highlights some of the issues that exist in the game. I know I made mistakes in a couple of areas, regardless of this I still managed to turn it around at the end. I would not have gotten so angry if they didn't quit, but them quitting was honestly icing on the the ######### cake for me, know what I'm saying?
Also your English is actually just fine.
Subjective.
So what did you expect?
Agreed but you didn't waste any of the survivors time now did you? All you did was break a pallet at that point.
You should have looked around for a closer hook.
You're playing the Hillbilly.
He's the least punished in finding other survivors and applying pressure on the generators. So what if she heals herself, that's 1/4 of the time not on the generators with Self Care. Besides its not like you could instadown one of the other survivors with your chainsaw before they could get to the pallet.
And no, survivors want the killers to chase only one survivor around the map. Know why? That survivor has the knowledge of which pallets are used and which aren't. I dunno about you but I rather test my luck on a survivor that doesn't know which areas are cleared of pallets rather then the one that does.
Survivors disrespect me by not playing the way I want them to play.
Jesus Christ, do you even read what you type out lol?
Why should they respect you? That's some next level entitlement going on.
You literally were 5 meters away from that generator.
And you're the ######### Hillbilly. Its not like you can catch up to them.
I main Freddy lol. Trust me I've put up with more bullshit then you are willing to obviously accept.
You don't see me consistently complaining about the survivors looping me or looping should never be part of the game.
So what you still played like ######### that match.
You played the exact same way on every loop. This made you predictable. She already had gained enough distance in the map by the time you broke half of the maps pallet spawns.
Also its not like you're the ######### Hillbilly where catching up to the survivors isn't a problem.
Literally breaking every pallet on the map is a terrible decision. You need variety against the survivor.
For example she knew that you didn't respect pallets. She drop the pallets earlier to keep herself safe. She also knew you broke every pallet that was immediately dropped, letting her get much more distance.
You lose regardless.
Look at Marth's squad. They can barely loop for ######### but can get out in the majority of their matches. SWF typically have that advantage with communication and the objective being so brainless.
Yeah it's a shame you're not playing one of those 2 characters.
Leatherface
Myers
Trapper and Huntress with the right add-ons.
If you're predictable as a killer its an easy win for survivors.
They know you are not going to chainsaw to them, letting them repair the generators with ease. You didn't have any perks that help slow the game down out all so at that point you really should be invest in time not there's a survivor over their. Better break all the pallets on the map.
Should she? She was quite clearly effective at getting your attention. Its almost like when she teabagged you that's what she wanted. I wonder why that is...
Yeah @Runiver you play billy right? Anything that could help with @weirdkid5 performance in that match? I think he needs some lessons.
Pretty much what happened in this game.
One of the mistakes I made in this game I'm aware of.
Shoudla coulda woulda.
And? Billy still gets looped. For the most part, using your chainsaw during a loop scenario is a bad move.
Yeah, Billy can apply pressure, but applying pressure against a SWF group isn't very viable considering they can relay your position at any point to their buddies and become super efficient on which gens to get on, get off, and where you are going to hide before you even get there.
You do know I'm a survivor main so I know how to counter Billy myself right? Before they get to the pallet? In a meta with Sprint Burst? Pfft ok my guy. SB beats chainsaw everytime simply because they have much higher lateral mobility, and by the time you charge the chainsaw, they are super far. You can catch up, but they'll be at a pallet my guy.
They play toxic and you expect the receiver to not get angry? That's some next level assumptions going on.
Ok, then one of their buddies is just gonna walk up and stop it instantly after they relay that over comms.
Freddy is the worst Killer in the game and the fact you just accept him for how he is shows me your level of bias.
Still beat a 4 man SWF.
You didn't answer my question. What trickery was I supposed to use? Need I show you a clip of a Trapper trying to "trick" me on pallets, and I stun him literally every time?
That's exactly what you should do. Leaving a pallet up is absolutely stupid. Leaving a vault up? Yeah smart.
Glad you understand the main issue. Marth's squad demolish Billy's often.
Billy still gets looped.
LF is garbage, Myers can only do it a few times/has to use addons.
Addon dependent = garbage.
But they didn't win.
You can't chainsaw people if they are looping. You will lose that battle.
Earlier you stated they do this because they have someone designated for this? It isn't hard to loop or learn the pallet placement dude. If you don't know it, you're a bad survivor. A good killer always assumes everyone is a loop master. If you drop, and everyone knows how to loop, you simply lose. Like Marth's squad you so happily referenced.
Considering I have probably an 80% win ratio with Billy using this same strategy, your advice doesn't really do me any favors. I've already discussed with Runiver and he's got his own strategy with Billy that works for him and I have mine. I made plenty of mistakes in the beginning and that cost me the late game for sure, I know what mistakes I made. That wasn't the point of this post. It was the point of making why Killers dislike most Survivors; they are hypocrites.
Who said anything about using Hillbillies chainsaw against loopers?
I said to try to get them downed before they get to the pallet. Key word here is before.
Who cares if you're a survivor main or a killer main? That doesn't mean squat when you make as many mistakes as you did.
I'm fully aware of the chainsaw/sprint burst issue. Its not that ######### hopeless for the hillbilly. They can still catch up to the survivor and if you're really insecure about that perk so much you can always move on then come back to the generator within 40 seconds.
They can't use the perk when its already used up. Think for once other then mindlessly following them for the entire match.
Lol they are trying to get you angry. People tend to make more mistakes when they are not thinking rationally.
So don't try to slow the game as effective as you can, gotcha.
Me not complaining about survivors or pallets because I play Freddy does not mean he isn't #########.
Nice strawman.
Doesn't matter you still played like #########.
Try here.
Its certainly more usefully then whatever it is you were doing.
As opposed to investing too much time in one survivor that can run you around for 4 generators?
Yeah it is.
So why bring him up?
I just merely pointed out that you were playing as him.
Seem to have missed the point
Leatherface and Myers are instadown killers. You claimed that only Hillbilly and Nurse (for whatever reason) are the only killer that can one shot the survivors.
Also Huntress is garbage? ######### kek.
Because you played a tactic they didn't predict. See how effective that is?
You can use the chainsaw and surprise the survivors working on the generators... then encourage them to go towards the shack since you have wiped out all the pallets near there.
If you're just chasing one survivor that survivor is obviously going to know which pallets are destroyed. This makes it easier for that one survivor to keep you busy because they have the full map to use against you.
If you can't understand that you're a bad killer.
It took you one bad game to release that?
@Mc_Harty there's no mindgame in most pallets cause the survivor easily sees you. Even if there's a wall, So mindgaming isn't always an option, and the only option is to run in circles and wait for the survivor to ######### up... For example, check 5:10. You think there was any mindgame possibilities in that loop spot in which the Killer would have an advantage? Nope.
Also, weirdkid5, how dare you kill survivors? Freaking tryhard.
Umm, 5:10 just shows calculated killer lunge distance. What are you talking about?
You can't really assume every survivor is like this, toxic players will always be present everywhere. And while I don't agree with pallet looping it's kinda necessary when you're playing stealthy and get found, you really have no other option, because you can rarely ever lose a good killer.
Not really a thing when Sprint Burst is meta. What happened at the start is what would happen trying to get them "before" they get to a pallet. The will SB left or right, and be at a pallet basically in no time flat.
Because I realize how unnecessary this level nonsense is. Looping is a terrible mechanic that needs to be removed from the game completely. I can lead a 3 minute chase without looping, I know it sounds crazy, but it is possible.
So you are basically saying their team isn't going to relay to the guy I'm coming back to the generator he is at, giving him time to get to a pallet before the heartbeat even starts? All of these tactics you are giving would be great in the event you are against 4 solo players.
I'm not angry because of the teabagging, that's just icing on the cake. I'm angry at the poor mechanics at play.
Slow down the game? I've tried this against a 4 stack before, trying to focus on the gens in the event that there is one left. Even in a 3 gen situation, the amount of coordination they can use pretty much trumps a 3 gen strat. Against solos, sure, you can do a 3 gen. but as a Killer you have to commit to a chase at some point. If you're just dropping chases to get gens and chase people away, they are just gonna talk to each other and relay exactly when it's safe to go back. You must chase someone at some point. SWF groups can overcome a 3 gen pretty easily
You bringing him up as some kind of dismissive argument to mine is laughable, that's all that is.
Still somehow managed to win.
Seen it. Again, I play Survivor and a good Survivor simply won't fall for these tactics. I can show you a Trapper I went against doing this stuff and guess what? He ate every pallet.
When the next guy is just gonna do the same? No, it isn't.
Bringing him up because despite him being Number 2 the game is still mega frustrating.
LF is still garbage and Myers can still only do it a few times. Both are midtier to low tier at best.
Not sure where you got from that I said Nurse was oneshot, but any Killer can be oneshot with the right perks. There are at least 3 that give oneshot. And yes, Huntress is garbage without addons. Hatchets are easy to dodge and at pallets, you just don't throw the pallet. A good Huntress is scary, but she's addon dependent.
Addon dependent = garbage
No, because they made the mistake of trying to be overly altruistic. There's no tactic involved here on my part.
A good team will callout where the pallets are, and they'll just SB in that direction the moment I pop up.
Team comms are a thing.
Not really. The game is skewed in favor of the Survivors. It doesn't take a genius to see this.
No, of course not. This is just one example of many for why this game perpetuates terrible gameplay and terrible mechanics.
@ThePloopz there is for sure salt involved, but not so much at the survivors, but rather the entire situation as a whole.
@AsianMammoth exactly. There is no mindgame possible at the pallet of 5:10. You literally can only move forward and just eat it. Almost every pallet still has this problem. They are called safe pallets. So I'm not sure what calculated lunge @Mc_Harty is referring to here, I eat a pallet at this mark.
@Twix Of course not, I know the difference between an annoying team and one I can enjoy the match with. This was not one of those squads. The fact they want me to deal with what they were throwing at me, but can't even have the decency to let the game end normally, regardless of being the PTB or not, shows some kind of level of high horse. I will give them they didn't use DS, but that's about it.
I will side with you that the tbag, bblock, not respecting your power at the end, and dc'ing was completely and utterly toxic and unnecessary, but not all of them did that(except dc'ing and not respecting you), but then again, at the start of the match they did it(not respecting you that is) and you messed up, so I see why they would try it once again and with 2 pallets side by side. Also, while you might've been upset, your reaction was pretty toxic in it of itself, so I guess there's a lot of "hypocrisy" between both sides.
Now, when it comes to pallet looping, like I already said -- I don't agree with it, but your options as survivor are very limited, because you can rarely lose a good killer and obviously, pallet looping is the most effective way of wasting the killers' time while your swf buddies gen rush.
I take full responsibility for the things I said at the end of the match, and I stand by my anger at the end. I let my anger get to me, that's a problem I have as a person and I am aware of it, and I normally don't get this angry at the game, I'm not sure if my Killer run to Rank 1 is still available but I'm not one to get this mad this quick. I wouldn't have popped off if they didn't DC I'll just say that. You'll notice I say nothing until they DC. I wasn't planning on it, but something about the quit just made it even more insane for me. I'm not trying to justify it at all, just letting you know my thought process.
I don't agree your options are limited.
Here is a match of me versus a longtime Trapper Player that utilizes many of the tactics @Mc_Harty tries to tell me to use. A good Survivor will be aware of these tactics, as I became aware of his potential of being a great Trapper the moment he landed the first hit on me and tried the fake out at the pallet. I do not loop pallets at all in these chases, unless he refuses to break the pallet, but that isn't the problem of "looping," that's a problem of him choosing not to break the pallet.
If I chose to loop against this Killer, he honestly probably would have never caught me. If I was in a SWF squad, gens would be done long before I went down. Not to mention the fact all my friends are at least halfway as good as I am, and dropping the chase against one of us will just result in more of the same. @Mc_Harty says to just drop the chase. No, that is a serious flaw of game design for the Survivor to be able to waste time so easily, yet the Killer has to go all out from the start.
You'll see when I do finally go down, I only went down because I made a mistake and vaulted over the pallet when I didn't need to. Sure, he may have Bloodlusted up and caught me at some point, but my SB was also on cooldown. He only downed me because I made a mistake, and again because I was hook rushed by a teammate. A good Survivor does not need looping in order to waste the time of a good Killer. There's a reason he commended me at the end of the game for my gameplay, and I recognize him as being a very solid Trapper.
And this is the main problem. Killers have a very difficult time winning matches against good survivors, whereas good Survivors can pretty much sleep on any Killer, as does the depip squad that was brought up.
This in turns creates an extremely frustrating experience for most Killer mains, who deal with this kind of stuff every single game. And people just tell them to "not get angry." Honestly, what a massive joke. A group of 4 friends get to enjoy a match with each other and play at their own leisure, while the Killer is stuck with frustrating mechanics to deal with on top of being toyed with constantly. There is no point where the Killer has the majority of control in the game, except for when Survivors allow him to or they play solo.
Which is why you need to get them to sprint burst away from the pallets not towards it. Position yourself where the survivors are at a disadvantage if they try to run past you towards the pallets.
And because you think its a terrible mechanic no one else should be able to use? That's entitlement in a nutshell.
No I'm saying to find an effect way to waste their Sprint Burst.
I just gave an example of what I usually do against 4 man SWF and it seems to work at least for me.
You mention in the OP;
You are quite clearly more mad about their behavior more then just ######### game design
So you give up then? Don't even bother to make their lives harder? What a defeatist attitude.
If you don't want to play your best, that's on you. I rather do everything I possibly can against the survivors in order to win. If someone dies, I'm happy.
You think that you not being a sore winner is laughable. Learn to move on from the salt.
Still posted salt in the forums.
Then that Trapper clearly hasn't seen the video.
When are is the next generator going to be popped? Yes, it is.
You clearly stated:
Learn to proof read. kek
I stated 2 other killers whose default power can hit survivors in one and 2 more that rely on add-ons. It's got nothing to do with how good they are it's to prove that your statement is obviously false regarding killers ability to one-shot.
By the way, what do you even do with add-ons if you don't use them lol? Get outta here with that #########.
It was a tactic because you used their weakness. You manipulated their over-altruism.
How is that not considered a tactic?
You know which pallets you've broken try to funnel them into the areas that give you an advantage.
Its not rocket science.
So is managing 4 survivors.
@weirdkid5
Yes, you didn't need to pallet loop, but was it optimal? You used up almost all (if not all) the pallets in the far side when you could have looped some of those pallets(some weren't save to loop) and you would have wasted some extra time while the other survivors did generators. This match was against a Trapper and it lasted 21 minutes, most of the killers you tend to see now would have punished you hard. He made a lot of mistakes as well. My bad for the poor choice of words though, your options AREN'T limited, but USUALLY going for anything other than pallet looping isn't very efficient, especially not against a good killer that doesn't make the mistakes that Trapper made.
You are not always in that kind of position to approach, and even if you are, you act like they can't just sprint burst past you once you miss the swing.
No, it needs to be completely removed because it only makes the game more mind numbing. It shouldn't exist at all.
You also play a Killer that is really solid as genstopping, but not at securing Kills or really effective in chases. Freddy gets to waste a lot of time after he puts Survivors to sleep, other Killers can't afford this luxury.
I mentioned they did it. I didn't say it made me angry. It was a icing on the cake my guy. I teabag in other games, but I also expect to get rocked if I do it.
Nice assumption.
I never give up, again, nice assumption.
I always try to play my best. My problem is the Survivors never have to play their best.
Not a sore winner, again, I talked no smack until they left. The quit set me off, call me a sore winner all you want though.
See above post for aforementioned Trapper. You also reference the depip squad, and no amount of mindgame tactics work on the,/
Subjective for different gameplay styles. Also proofread kek
Ya got me there, I'll be sure to proofread next time Mr. "When are is"
Billy doesn't need addons. Nurse doesn't need addons. Every other Killer pretty much depends on them because their powers are only halfway decent in a chase, so they must be augmented. Sure, addons should be used. But a Killer also shouldn't have to rely on their usage.
It's not really a tactic to chainsaw people's faces when they literally run up to you.
Mindlessly chainsawing the closest survivor isn't a tactic.
They also know which pallets are broken cause of team comms so they simply avoid that side of the map and SB away from it the moment they get near it. You act like you just get to decide which way a Survivor runs after vaulting a pallet, window, or SB'ing away.
May as well be.
Tell that to the depip squad you so happily referenced before.
This thread is the reason why killAr mAinz are hated. Yep. I'm generalizing like you did, because, why not? If a match gone wrong can make you claim killers have a reason to hard-camp anyone, then I guess survivors who get camped once for absolutely no reason have the right to bm/shittalk/t-bag/infinite how many games they want; whatever.
Moreover: if I get so angry I "shake" the camera just because someone DC'd a lost game on the PTB, then I would get myself checked. Just saying, bro.
Hey, killer main here. I understand what you are trying to convey but, THIS particular game was far from toxic. I was expecting constant t-bag after every pallet drop, flashlight stuns and etc but nothing except for that Feng t-bagging at you once. I play in Asia and its almost always against a bunch of toxic little sh*ts. Name a BM in game and you get it. Zero remorse. I have made my peace with it since any competitive game is expected to have toxicity to some degree and now I just laugh it off mostly. My advice, don't let it get to you.
Might not have been optimal, but if my team actually focused the gens, like they would if I was in a SWF squad, the gens would have popped within 3 minutes as they usually do. Keep in mind I was solo and playing with low ranks, against a high rank Trapper. Which is why he tunneled me, he wanted MY chase and not one that would end in 15 seconds like everyone else. He wanted a challenge and I gave him one without looping, which he respected.
I personally believe it was optimal, you notice how I only throw pallets when he's right on me most of the time. If I have extra distance, I do something else to waste his time, like I do when I clearly run PAST unthrown pallets. I waste his time in a similar way, WITHOUT needing to play in the most frustrating way possible.
It lasted so long cause I have no idea what my team was doing, like straight up. Do you know? Cause I don't lmao both of my super long chases against him gave my team PLENTY of time to do the gens. My mic was accidentally muted the match so you didn't get to hear my commentary, but I seriously said "WHAT IS MY TEAM DOOOOOOIIIIINNNNG."
This is how the game is meant to be. Solo, with the possibility of having TERRIBLE teammates. Ensuring you have good teammates all the time, like this team, gives you an unfair advantage in the normal balance of the game. He didn't make many mistakes. He just tried to employ these mindgame tactics like going around a different way, or hiding his red stain.
I was aware of them all and none of it worked on me and he realized this. The only way he could catch me was to barrel down on me and follow me, and I simply eventually made a mistake. Played perfectly, a good survivor will never be able to be outplayed. And that is the problem. Killers have almost no room to outplay a good survivor.
@Vancold Too bad I'm not a Killer main. I'm a survivor main that recognizes these issues and highlights them. And absolutely, if a Killer camps for 0 reason do whatever you want against him. That's not my issue. My main issue is the DC and hypocrisy by it. A 4 stack all quitting at the same time is what got me off. The looping was simply frustrating and my adrenaline was pumping, so of course I'm going to shake. As I said, I normally don't get this flustered but the DC is what made me really angry at them.
The only mistake i saw, was not going for the outside hook on the first down.
Focusing on the looper is a gamble, because the next survivor could also be a looper, and the one after him, etc.
Killers are the only ones who are under a constant pressure during the whole match. Survivors play pretty much relaxed. That´s what this game gets wrong. There´s not a single horror movie, where the killer is stressed, while the victims are relaxed.
I´ve experienced way worse than that, and i can completely undersstand why it is so frustrating.
Killer is fun on the low ranks, where survivors don´t know how to loop and you have a normal chase. But on high ranks, where every survivor know how to loop you for 5 gens?
@ all the people who said that he reacted way to emotional. How about you try to play only killer for a whole week or two and then you tell me, that this was an exception. That survivors don´t get your blood boiling.
Thank you, I'm glad someone gets it.
My point. No Survivor at high rank doesn't know where every single pallet is.
People don't have any empathy, which is why I played Killer to Rank 1. I wanted to see the frustrations they have to deal with, and for someone who is already an angry person, there is some serious flaws in the game still. A game shouldn't be this frustrating when your opposition is laughing away with their buddies.
Plus everyone is different, people just assume everyone can stay calm in a game that's meant to be fun, but there is 0 fun being had by YOU.
Yes, that´s one of the things i´ll never understand. It seems like the devs only care about the survivors fun.
When Freddy was nerfed, they reasoned that they nerfed him, because survivors didn´t had fun while facing him.
When a killer asked during a life stream about the killers fun, he was told to play survivor or civilization.
Either they don´t see the problem, or they don´t care. Don´t know which is worse.
And yet we have players that are either blind to this. Or throw around the word entitled without truly realizing which side is the entitled one. As you said, they simply dont care. Because the game is still fun for THEM. And easy game for players to enjoy with their buddies with the least amount of skill needed.
Hell, one of the devs literally said "NOBODY SAID IT WAS BALANCED." But people act like the game is ok.
No but then again you should plan where you're coming from to make it harder for the survivors to use their sprint burst.
Hello Mr. Entitlement when is Mr. Salt coming back to the forums?
Yet he's one of the worst killers in the game, more susceptible to 4 man SWF squads compared to any other killer.
If I can do well with his limited kit, then other the killers should by default.
Oh please if it didn't piss you off so much why make this post?
Not an assumption if you admitted it.
You were pissed off.
Yet you refuse to do anything that requires the game to take longer, so forgive me if I wonder why you don't play your best.
I'm sure, your not lol.
They do. Just the killer doesn't have enough time against them.
Marths squad only proved that the generators are too easy to complete and when the SWF are have a competitive mindset set to deny the killer his victory at the cost of their own, they're difficult to play against. Nothing more.
My mistake, Mr the,/.
So you shouldn't require abilities to use in the game to boost your performance.
So when are you going to stop using perks then?
Hillbilly is garbage if he has to rely on BBQ
Top kek.
Its a tactic to leave them on the ground.
You sure you play killer?
You can if you play right. My fault, I forgot you just mindlessly follow survivors and get stunned most of your matches.
Shows how little you know.
I'll make sure to send Marth the bits on Twitch.
Lol @ that godamn double pallet at the main building, or uh "building".
I could hear the trigger from the keyboard.
I hope that at least the DCs carry over from the PTB to the main game. "It's a test server, so it's okay if i DC." Lol, piss off.
3 of them ran WMI and one didn't run SC. I got respect for that though, WMI & Kindred are pretty powerful Perks, just not meta unless the current meta Perks get heavy nerfs.
One thing i wonder though: On a scale of "Dude, i'm, like, so chilled out..." to "UMFG, F U!", how irritated were you by the looping? I gave you silly parameters, but it's a serious question actually.
The looping honestly wasn't what made me super angry. It was all of it compounded together on top of the DC cherry ######### cake. So I'd say pretty chill. I was shaking by the end of the game because of frustration and adrenaline, and all of that was released when they DC'd.
Understandable.
Please don´t start a war on BBQ. It benefits survivors as much as it benefits killers.
Or do you really miss the times before BBQ when the forum was full of threads about camping killers?
Oh I'm not starting anything on BBQ. Just pointing out the complete oddity where you as a killer don't want to run add-ons yet are willing to use perks to boost your perform in the match.
Like why the ######### would you not run something thats gives you an advantage?
I'm not saying don't. Who said I did? I even stated earlier addons are meant to be used. I said they shouldn't RELY on them. Meaning the KILLER ITSELF is so weak that they MUST use addons in order to even have a chance at winning because their BASE power is horrible. Such as Doctor, and yes, Doctor is a weak Killer at high rank. He's super dependent on his build and addons because base he is lackluster.
Learn the difference between the KILLER relying on something and the PLAYER relying on something. Billy doesn't NEED BBQ or addons cause he's good without them. Same with Nurse, and I also do not NEED BBQ to win, clearly as I didn't even get to use it so whatever point you are making here is moot in general. Obviously you should run stuff that gives you an advantage like wut lmao
Well why do lots of games have a hardmode?
Probably for the same reason I got to high Rank using 0 perks. Because we like a challenge, which this game currently does not provide in fear of losing 50% of its survivor player base.
Why shouldn't they be relied on?
They make the game easier for the killer. Should I rely on perks for the Hillbilly? Or Nurse?
Besides what else are you going to spend those blood-points on once you gather every perk on every killer.
So we are in agreement for once.
Bragging rights
Well there ya' go, and it comes in all kinds of different forms.
I HATE being in high ranks as Killer, or at least currently: Nothing but boring looping. Whether it's required or not isn't my concern, my concern is that it's boring.
But then i look at No Mither and think: Hmm, i'll slap Resilience on and Iron Will (since they boosted the sounds) and maybe Dead Hard or just something good and i'll try to overcome these big odds.
You clearly aren't getting what I'm trying to say or you're trolling me. I'm only gonna say it one more time in a different way:
I'm not saying for you to not, as a person, rely on your favorite or best addons. USE THEM. What I'm saying is if you DON'T use them, depending on the Killer you play, you will be doing yourself a MASSIVE disservice. However, if you CHOOSE to not use them, it should be JUST AS VIABLE as NOT using them, especially since addons are RNG and you might not even get good ones, especially if you are low level.
A point a lot of players like to make is high rank players in low ranks stomping noobs. Noobs don't have addons, so the Killer needs to be solid enough to be able to win without the addons. The addons should ACCENTUATE the Killer, not define him as weak or strong. Like Doctor, if you ran Doc with 0 addons or perks, that's pretty much the equivalent of throwing the game. Doctor is strong in his build or his addons.
On the other hand, Billy is strong enough to win with 0 perks and 0 addons, because his power is strong enough to be able to handle survivors without addons.
Do you understand what I'm saying?
Agreed.
See this is where I disagree.
I shouldn't be able to play effectively without add-ons. What's even the point of them otherwise?
I understand if its showing off but it shouldn't come to the point where a killer not running add-ons can consistently beat survivors.
What would even be the point in leveling up your web if you could just play as well without them?
I'm not saying I don't understand, I'm saying its odd. Even odder on the survivor side since majority of the time they don't even use the items in the game and are still able to perform well enough to survive.
The game should be balanced around the potential of what both sides can do.
I know the feel. I don't run Ruin anymore since it's the most boring perk ever for the survivor side. No NOED either - feels unfair. One anti-camp perk (Make your Choice) and yet they call me a "camper" even if I follow the teabagging bait that SB to an area where's there is literally nothing, just to pallet loops and teabags more. Not even talking about the casual DS + Adrenaline + SwF combo.
Playing fair in 2018 is probably the worst mistake I make in this game.
Add-ons change the play style of a killer.
A Billy can go with silencers to catch survivors off guard. A nurse can use 5 teleports to surprise survivors.
The mirror add-ons on Myers completely change the way he plays.
Victimization is good feedback's grave.
Unfortunately that's how many killer-sided opinions sounds and it instantly makes the whole "killer mains discussion" lose relevance.
Exactly. Addons should augment the playstyle of the Killer.
Not make or break the Killer. That's lazy game design.
If it loses relevance, then the next event becomes quite unavoidable, which is people leaving, whether that be a specific Killer, Killers entirely or the game entirely.
In whatever way it's voiced, it's not very wise of the team to just straight up consider complaints about the fun factor not important and ignore them.
Just found this video. It sums up DbD problems concisely. While it is outdated, it shows one thing.
Killer has always been, and likely always will be, frustrating to no end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwdPlx9yR4
My favorite part is when I think it was Marth? Pulled the Survivor out of the locker, and still got blinded. "Just look at a wall dude!" His face was literally 2 inches from the locker lmao
Complaints about the fun factor come from both sides. Victimization and generalization blinds the speaker, thus making the whole issue exaggerated and irrelevant to a certain extent.