Dear Fellow Survivors Mains
This video right here is the reason Killers hate you all so much. Excuse the language, especially at the end of the video:
For those not willing to watch the clip, I ended up winning this one. I made a few mistakes here and there as Killer as it has been a minute, but I just wanted this to be here to show how hypocritical Survivor mains really are. Keep in mind I AM A SURVIVOR MAIN.
This is why Killers camp you. This is why Killers hate you. This is why they all call you a bunch of babies that have to have their hands held. Where is your sense of respect and honor? These guys had the gall to call me a tryhard, but seemed to be a full 4 stack, looped me, teabagged me, taunted me, disrespected me as a Killer at every opportunity, and then quit my game when they get bodied?
This game is still hugely frustrating. You can see towards the end of the video how my screen is shaking, because I'm so angry my hand cannot stay still. These players continue to make playing Killer a living nightmare. The new pallet changes are good, there are several instances in this video where I manage to land hits I otherwise wouldn't have due to the removal of the vacuum.
However the problem of looping is still ever so present. As you can see, pallet spawns are still absolutely ridiculous. At what point do you plan to make this game fun for the Killers, BHVR?
Comments
It was released live. So very likely tested, and considered as "balanced". For 3 days that is, then it got insta-removed lol.
Survivors have the better sight. Imagine how balanced the game would be if survivors would be forced to first person view. They still have the red stain to tell them that the killer is right behind them.
You are comparing with Billy in mind. But what about the Wraith or Freddy? They can´t one hit the survivor.
I'm saying this in all seriousness: if you get stunned by the flashlight while picking someone up, you're clearly kind of new to the killer role. It hasn't happened to me in AGES; things may change with the next update due to the removal of the pick up vacuum, but seriously, I don't really get how you can get stunned if you're not just mindlessly playing without thinking.
Well, someone thought it would be a good idea to "fix" the issue with flashlight stuns during the pickup animation, at the start of the lunar event.
As i mentioned the clown, it happend on the PTB.
Yes, i usually know how to avoid most of the flashlight stuns. But this time with the clown was completely impossible.
It's true and I agree flashlight might return being a powerful tool, if used properly, but at what cost (for survivors)? Pallet vacuum is CLEARLY much more impactful.
If you're playing/played on the PTB you know that. How many successful hits (which would have been a free stun + more loops) did you manage to pull off thanks to that?
Yup I agree with you it is harder for them but certainly not impossible. I am still waiting to understand what you disagreed with here:
Can you elaborate?
"Fixing", more like making it entirely broken.
The band aids that soften the blow. Survivors have plenty of second chance perks and items. The killer doesn´t really have anything that gives him an advantage when he fails.
Blood Warden would be a great perk, if the killer could activate it like Dead Hard. Pressing a button to close the exit. No other requirements. A powerful killer perk, that punishes teabaggers and survivors that want to get a last hit before they get out.
I understand what you mean now, I still don't want band aids though. I do like the idea of straight up buffs to some killer perks though and the activated Blood Warden does sound like an interesting idea to me. An anytime activation for 30/45/60 seconds after exit gates have been powered would certainly shake the end game up!
Oh trust me, I'm fully aware of the mistakes I made. That's what 2 months out of practice gets you. I respect the opinion.
However, I see you are becoming complacent in how the game is, you mention this is typical for high rank for you. That's a serious problem. I'm not one to ever become complacent in this kind of nonsense. You've just "accepted" it
I will never willingly accept such absurdly one-sided tomfoolery.
Oh, I didn't accept it.
I just see no point into complaining/camping survivors because of it tho. I've tried that, it leads to nothing. The game is rather survivor sided, clearly, in my eyes, and I just treat it very casually since going the hard way never did any good anyway.
I'm still a try-harder when I play most of the time (except on the PTB where I let ppl go), and I can see where some unbalances are, but most serious discussions are shut down on this game. People just want to have a fun and casual experience and whenever you try to actually try to get mecanics polished and such, a lot of people just drop the discussion and go to the next bait of "Clown OP" or "Plz nerf camping".
It has been a thing since day 1, sadly, and it didn't change much.
What I see is : things are (very slowly) getting better for killers, which is a decent thing, and I don't consider that stressing myself out anymore is worth the time. I come around and discuss, give my opinion, knowing the unbalance will very likely not change before at least SEVERAL MONTHS since that's the pace of updates in this game. In that sense, I indeed "accepted it". It's not actually accepting it, it's just that it's either that, or not playing the game at all since this game has gave up on his try-harding aspect and went full on the casual experience, leaving people like me behind (and mostly, on other games that are actually polished. Can't wait to play Monster Hunter and such for example. And I highly suggest games such as Dead Cells for example, that are both fun and "challenging")
Survivors can turn their head and look left and right. But not look backwards while running forward.
There would be some real mindgames. Looping would be disarmed. The game would be a lot scarier.
Tier 1 Myers has some serious drawbacks. That would make this play style viable.
I think this is the point we are both trying to make. Complaining to survivors and saying this is why you are hated is unlikely to provide any sort of change.
Hopefully with enough evidence we can keep moving towards a more balanced system...the pallet changes are a step in the right direction. The removal of Ruin and a reduction in generator repair speed for survivors and the effectiveness of toolboxes would also contribute.
Right now Killer really is a challenge but I don't want it to become too easy because it takes away the satisfaction when you play well and comfortably pip or double pip.
No doubt, I don't want Killer to be a cakewalk, but if Survivors are going to get the ability to relax in their gameplay at high rank and win, the Killer should be able to do so and still win the game. That's all I'm saying at this point.
I like the opinions tossed around here. I wish the community could discuss things reasonably like this page or in the last one while still having differing opinions.
I'm hoping this forum will be a good start for community outreach @Runiver and I guess that's the difference between you and me. I'm still gonna be vocal about this stuff until it gets fixed even if it never does.
I don't think there's much left to discuss after this quote. I think this discussion ended well.
They didn't give up. They already lost when they all got slugged.
They did give up. You still have a chance with an unhook via self save. They didn't let the Killer enjoy the victory and get the Sacrifice points. This could still cost a Killer his pip, as it has in the old system.
It's called being a sore loser.
Oops let me correct myself disconnects are treated properly in the Emblem system.
Still, that doesn't change the fact they gave up and are sore losers. DC is a bannable offense.
You would have just downed them immediately after. Besides the odds of that happening are minimal.
They already lost when you slugged them. Complaining that a match didn't go the way you wanted it to, despite clearly being victorious, is the definition of being a sore winner.
Well, its a 4vs1 horror game. Killer should actually be strong while the survivors should be scared.
Survivors can stop doing gens and take a look around. Or cover each others blind spot by repairing facing each other. This would make weak killers a lot stronger. While considerably nerfing loops. Spine chill would be an excellent perk for this. Devs could even add different perks to play into this new experience.
That's an assumption that I wouldn't still give them a fair chance at the unhooks. I wouldn't stand there for a minute waiting for them to get to struggle state cause that's the only way to ensure they wouldn't hop off. As stated by many, I don't know how the others would have chased me so I likely still would have given chances. The moment they all 4 dc'd is the reveal of toxicity.
So they still give up? Earlier you derided me for supposedly giving up, but that's exactly what they did. Doesn't matter how minimal the chance is.
So you are essentially justifying a bannable offense because "they already lost," and don't call them sore losers? The match didnt fo the way I wanted because of several of my own mistakes. The survivors are unable to take the punishment they so graciously give out. You can keep calling me a sore winner all you want.
You are justifying sapping the Killer of bloodpoints and progress because they "already lost." You are literally advocating a bannable offense, which is DC'ing @Mc_Harty
I never said they weren't sore losers.
I said you were a sore winner.
Example; this thread.
They can be toxic all they want, I actually don't care. If they DC too much then'll get banned obviously. You can't control human behavior. Its an non-issue if you're in a situation where you clearly won.
That's an assumption that I wouldn't still give them a fair chance at the unhooks. I wouldn't stand there for a minute waiting for them to get to struggle state cause that's the only way to ensure they wouldn't hop off. As stated by many, I don't know how the others would have chased me so I likely still would have given chances. The moment they all 4 dc'd is the reveal of toxicity.
So they still give up? Earlier you derided me for supposedly giving up, but that's exactly what they did. Doesn't matter how minimal the chance is.
So you are essentially justifying a bannable offense because "they already lost," and don't call them sore losers? The match didnt fo the way I wanted because of several of my own mistakes. The survivors are unable to take the punishment they so graciously give out. You can > @Mc_Harty said:
I didnt post this to rub it in the victory in their faces. I made this mostly salt induced post to highlight how frustrating Killer gameplay can be, despite being able to pull off a Victory. I have plenty of stream examples of me getting destroyed as Killer with a depip and enjoying the match because the Survivors didn't go out of their way to sap every ounce of fun the Killer could possibly have.
If you think that game was bad, wait until you play vs good survivors...
Just imagine everytime u break a pallet or jump a window u get blinded, feng wasted 1 pallet and she could have looped you at least 1 more minute.
and chill dude... far too emotional over something killers face everyday.
You gloated that this was the worst match you have experience then boasted to all of the survivors they are hypocrites if they don't cater to a play-style that favors you.
You even bragged at them at the end of the match. ie What a sore winner would do.
And now you're playing victim on these forums relying on the perfect survivors argument to claim everything a killer does is pointless.
Weren't you the one who said yourself the game should be balanced around what each side has the potential in doing?
Funny that you reference Marth's squad, say the game should be balanced around these potentials of what each side can do, yet complain when someone uses the perfect survivor arguement?
So where's the balance?
The game being unbalanced does not mean that the killers are useless.
Complains when someone points out how unbalanced the game truly is when people play optimally with these potentials. Hmmm
Complains when someone points out how unbalanced the game truly is when people play optimally with> @Mc_Harty said:
Whh.. what? They are useless if Survivors play optimally, like the depip squad you happily referenced first page.
First person for survivor isn't the answer nor is that even a viable option. I agree.
Believes the opposing team should cater to a play-style and if they don't, blame it on game balance. Hmmm.
Looping and DC'ing isnt a playstyle. It's utilizing broken mechanics and doing a bannable offense.
Looping isn't a playstyle. Hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Also I never mentioned dcing is a play style? I certainly mentioned that it was a ban-able offence. What are you talking about?
Where did i say anything about the nurse?
Look, i really want a balanced game for both sides.
An exciting game that is fun for everyone. But right now, playing killer is a chore. Because the game is so terribly unbalanced towards survivors.
4 random survivors may be balanced, but 70% of the matches are SWF. Devs need to balance around that.
That means buffs for killers and nerfs for survivors. That also means that they have to cut down on the toxic player base.
I would love it, if the survivor experience would give some nice jumpscares and the overall scarried feeling. Not the bully simulator we have right now.
Voice chat wouldn't do anything cause SWF use Discord anyway. So they wouldn't use voice chat. And solo players dont need it. I dont want voice chat as a solo player main. You still need to buff Killers to account for the voice communication, something the game currently does not consider.
It's just the PTB.
I'd leave too, to end the game faster. Why wait the three minutes it'll take for everyone to finish struggling/for the killer to walk around finding survivors and hooking them?
Voice chat wouldn't be for SWF. Solo players need it to be on par with SWF. Solo player mains do not NEED to use it. Putting solo players at the level of SWF ALLOWS the devs to balance for SWF without completely taking a dump on solo players.
They don't need to bring solo players to the level of SWF. They need to nerf SWF groups or make a separate mode.
I absolutely do not agree with putting solos on the same level as SWF, and have opposed this mindset since it was first considered by the devs.
Cripple a large chunk of the playerbase for inviting their friends to play the game together? Sure. /s
Split the already long queue and, again, punish players for inviting their friends to play (BUY) the game? Uh huh.
If you advocate for something that kills the growth and profit of the game, you will be waiting for a very long time.
70% of the matches are SWF.
Hm? I thought 48,3%. Or maybe we should stop pulling stats out of our asses.
Devs said in a stream that 70% of all matches contain SWF.
But i´m to tired to search the stream for you, to proof you again, wrong.
Sorry, but this game wasnt made or designed with the ability to play with friends in mind. SWF gives you a massive advantage, there should be a downside to it as well, as do some perks and addons. That's called balance. If you dont want the disadvantages, play within the intended balance.
I've already done the theoretical math in my petition that garnered over 3k comments on Steam. Wait times wouldn't really be affected too much and if anything, would cause the playerbase to grow by attracting old solo players and Killers alike.
Growth and profit at the expense of fun for one of the sides isn't good game design, it's shilling for the majority and dropping your initial vision for profit. This kind of artistic murder is shameful. People who bought this game to play with friends when it first came out bought the wrong game. Devs knew SWF would be unbalanced, wo they opted no to include at it first until they could figure out how to balance it.
Survivor mains whined and review bombed and made them cave. Yet when Killers review bomb and whine, they get told to get over it. Funny how these things work.
make them happy. I also think it would make the survivors in those matches feel more like a team and more people will make friends in the community this way
Again? Hm. Interesting.
Anyway, nice, boi. You're counting 2 men SWF in the statistics you're using to cater balance. Way to go with statistic manipulation. Meh.