The Chapter is (mostly) fine, most of you are just riding the hate train

The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.

Pyramid Head is fine and doesn't need a nerf, his power is clunky to use if anything with one of his perks being pretty useless to use. Tunneling Killers will tunnel regardless of what Killer they play. And PH's power negates both Survivor and Killer perks.

Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational. Supposedly there is extreme toxicity towards the Lisa Garland skin but I don't know about that nor have I seen it.

The only problem I've been seeing and experiencing is the multitude of bugs that have came with this chapter on both the new map and others. Unable to move a certain direction because of invisible objects in your path, unable to escape through hatches or destroy pallets because objects being too close or blocking the way, Forced Penance perk giving you a weird text and BP when you hit a Survivor doing a protection hit, etc.

But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.

Edit: Something else I forgot to add. The one other problem I have is the the price of the skin for Cheryl, Lisa Garland. That is way to ridiculous of a price to be asked for a skin of a character and pretend to sell it as a different character. Even though the name, voice, and animation is still the same (except for the animation in lobby).

Comments

  • @Desh said:

    The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.

    Pyramid Head is fine and doesn't need a nerf, his power is clunky to use if anything with one of his perks being pretty useless to use. Tunneling Killers will tunnel regardless of what Killer they play.

    Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational. Supposedly there is extreme toxicity towards the Lisa Garland skin but I don't know about that nor have I seen it.

    The only problem I've been seeing and experiencing is the multitude of bugs that have came with this chapter on both the new map and others. Unable to move a certain direction because of invisible objects in your path, unable to escape through hatches or destroy pallets because objects being too close or blocking the way, Forced Penance perk giving you a weird text and BP when you hit a Survivor doing a protection hit, etc.

    But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.

    Exactly that. I said something like that in a previous post. People are just angry that can't use ds and bt. You know now the people that want to loop the killer and make him give up on them to feel pro

  • @nightingale said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162173/the-chapter-is-mostly-fine-most-of-you-are-just-riding-the-hate-train

    Exactly that. I said something like that in a previous post. People are just angry that can't use ds and bt. You know now the people that want to loop the killer and make him give up on them to feel pro

    Hate people like that. Especially the teams that specific go to bully Killers.

  • His power is fine. Unfortunately seemingly everyone playing him is a tunneling little #########.

  • While I kinda agree, I do think people are allowed to voice their opinions and concerns.

    I do really like the killer, and maybe he does need one or two small buffs, but I definitely agree with the argument that his tunneling potential is too good. Of course people will tunnel with any killer, but giving the people that tunnel a killer that is much better at tunneling than any other killer is a bad idea. Because now they'll have even more succes with a strategy that is just insanely unfun to go against and often doesn't require much skill at all.

    I'm also definitely enjyoing the new map a lot but I do understand why some people would dislike the map, and I'm not talking about the people that dislike the map just because they played it twice and didn't do well on the map because they don't know the layout yet.

  • @ad19970 said:

    While I kinda agree, I do think people are allowed to voice their opinions and concerns.

    I do really like the killer, and maybe he does need one or two small buffs, but I definitely agree with the argument that his tunneling potential is too good. Of course people will tunnel with any killer, but giving the people that tunnel a killer that is much better at tunneling than any other killer is a bad idea. Because now they'll have even more succes with a strategy that is just insanely unfun to go against and often doesn't require much skill at all.

    I'm also definitely enjyoing the new map a lot but I do understand why some people would dislike the map, and I'm not talking about the people that dislike the map just because they played it twice and didn't do well on the map because they don't know the layout yet.

    I'm not saying those people aren't allowed to voice their opinions and concerns. But just straight bashing the Devs and outright insulting the work and effort they put into something instead of giving constructive criticisms with possible resolutions isn't the way to go about it. Especially when it's the same "Nerf Killer; Too OP" when it's only been a day is just ridiculous. This happens every time a new chapter comes out because no one knows how to adjust to the new Killer/Map yet. Once the people who come back seasonally leave and others adapt, it'll just be a drop in the bucket like DeathSlinger.

    Hardly anyone has talked about the positives, especially for Clown's buff.

  • I love a lot about this DLC. One of the best we've had in a while + one of my favorite series. A lot of love and effort was put into all the easter eggs, and while that's great and I take it to heart, I criticize BHVR because I want them to keep doing better, and better. Who doesn't. I want them to put the same amount of love and effort that went into all the easter eggs, into more things. Perk balance, unique pallet/wall breaking animations, better cosmetics, better prices, unique view model, 1st person moris, better addons, better generation in the map, etc etc. A lot of it can come off as me busting BHVR's balls, but I do it out of love. And I'm sure a lot of other people do too.

  • Also something to note, hitting someone on hook doesn't register as an actual hit. It's just hitting an object.

  • @Desh said:

    The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.

    Pyramid Head is fine and doesn't need a nerf, his power is clunky to use if anything with one of his perks being pretty useless to use. Tunneling Killers will tunnel regardless of what Killer they play.

    Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational. Supposedly there is extreme toxicity towards the Lisa Garland skin but I don't know about that nor have I seen it.

    The only problem I've been seeing and experiencing is the multitude of bugs that have came with this chapter on both the new map and others. Unable to move a certain direction because of invisible objects in your path, unable to escape through hatches or destroy pallets because objects being too close or blocking the way, Forced Penance perk giving you a weird text and BP when you hit a Survivor doing a protection hit, etc.

    But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.

    I'm not hating on the killer or map, I am just amazed that they fixed 1 sound bug and broke literally everything else about sound.


  • @nightingale said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162173/the-chapter-is-mostly-fine-most-of-you-are-just-riding-the-hate-train

    Exactly that. I said something like that in a previous post. People are just angry that can't use ds and bt. You know now the people that want to loop the killer and make him give up on them to feel pro

    You've earned this one

    45cgi3.jpg


  • @Desh said:

    The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.

    Pyramid Head is fine and doesn't need a nerf, his power is clunky to use if anything with one of his perks being pretty useless to use. Tunneling Killers will tunnel regardless of what Killer they play.

    Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational. Supposedly there is extreme toxicity towards the Lisa Garland skin but I don't know about that nor have I seen it.

    The only problem I've been seeing and experiencing is the multitude of bugs that have came with this chapter on both the new map and others. Unable to move a certain direction because of invisible objects in your path, unable to escape through hatches or destroy pallets because objects being too close or blocking the way, Forced Penance perk giving you a weird text and BP when you hit a Survivor doing a protection hit, etc.

    But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.

    I think it was rather that people set their expectations WAY too high for this chapter, and got disappointed when they weren't met. However, I am slightly disappointed, mainly since most of the perks are just meh, and the map could be a little better (gameplay wise). The killer itself, map aesthetics, and the survivor itself are all pretty cool.

  • I think its fine. PH is a little weak but otherwise im pretty happy. His ranged attack needs a ittle more flick it it so i can react to survivor jukes, not even a lot just a little.

    I like the map and most of the perks.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its fine. PH is a little weak but otherwise im pretty happy. His ranged attack needs a ittle more flick it it so i can react to survivor jukes, not even a lot just a little.

    I like the map and most of the perks.

    That's why I'm so bad with PH right now. I keep expecting the ability to do a flick like I would with Huntress or Demo right at the cusp of executing the attack. Need to work on it because his ability feels clunky.

  • I love this whole chapter (Robbie Rabbit Legion was such a surprise!)

    I wasnt here for any other chapter so I dont know if it's the norm to dislike so hard, but I couldn't be happier! Been trying to P3 Cheryl, having a blast! 🦄🦄🎉

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362078#Comment_1362078

    That's why I'm so bad with PH right now. I keep expecting the ability to do a flick like I would with Huntress or Demo right at the cusp of executing the attack. Need to work on it because his ability feels clunky.

    Very clunky. It feels like luck when i do land it because it is. I dont know how you "get good" with something you cant even move

  • “The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.”

    I did play PTB, I played it on both sides, I said it sucked before and I will say it sucks now. It’s haddonfield on crack.


    “Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational.”

    a perk that is bond 0.2 with a useless haste increase, and a perk that blocks gens that is only useful in the most specific of situations. Soul Guard is the best of them and even that is pretty weak.


    “But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.”

    there is nothing to “learn” with this map, it’s a 2-storied square building with 2 staircases in the corners of the map. You either spend an eternity holding W to run to survivors/away from killer or spend 10 seconds being chased to an unsafe loop, not to mention the bugs and seeming lack of polish, price of a skin being more than the bundle itself among various other issues and the criticism is deserved

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    “The map in terms of layout and design is amazing, anyone who hasn't played PTB isn't used to it and are usually the ones complaining about how much it sucks.”

    I did play PTB, I played it on both sides, I said it sucked before and I will say it sucks now. It’s haddonfield on crack.

    “Cheryl is a great character, all of her perks, especially Repressed Alliance, are pretty good with the exception of Soul Guard which is entirely situational.”

    a perk that is bond 0.2 with a useless haste increase, and a perk that blocks gens that is only useful in the most specific of situations. Soul Guard is the best of them and even that is pretty weak.

    “But no, let's bash the Killer and map because we don't know how to play the new content yet. Remember the same thing happening when Chains of Hate came out? Look how long all that died down when people learned what to do.”

    there is nothing to “learn” with this map, it’s a 2-storied square building with 2 staircases in the corners of the map. You either spend an eternity holding W to run to survivors/away from killer or spend 10 seconds being chased to an unsafe loop, not to mention the bugs and seeming lack of polish, price of a skin being more than the bundle itself among various other issues and the criticism is deserved

    1st Point - It's why I said usually. But there's not really an issue with the map aside from bugs and pallet placements. The design "sucks" because people get confused or don't like running down long corridors for some reason.

    2nd Point- Haste increase is used when you see a Killer coming towards both of you. Yes it's situational, but it's definitely more useful than Soul Guard in my opinion. And Repressed Alliance completely negates PGTW, Ruin, Surge, etc., it's not even a specific situation since PGTW is primarily used in like 90% of matches these days. It also notifies other Survivors that the Gen you were working on is very close to finishing so you can strat around it.

    3rd Point I've already mentioned about the map in 1st point but I'll add that there is 3 staircases on the map (4 if Killer breaks the walls). I've also already mentioned in the post about is the mass collection of bugs we received this Chapter along with the price of the Skin. I never said that can't be criticized because it totally can. It is something that undermines the game. But that's not what is mainly being discussed in these forums. Certain people are reporting it under Bug Reporting, myself included. But no one is talking about how bad these bugs are, but rather how much the Killer needs to be nerfed and how much the map sucks. Which it doesn't, people just haven't learned both yet which is ALWAYS the case in every new chapter.

  • @nightingale

    Untitled Image

    Ah yes because every dissenting voice that doesn't comply with the main talking point is clearly "the other side"

    If you've trained yourself to automatically believe that you really need to break that. If you need "proof" then take a look at my threads

  • You might be right. Maybe most people are just riding the hate train. But there are some of us that played the ptb and release now extensively and came to the conclusion the new map is the definition of horrible.

  • @BlueFang

    I used to love survivors but everytime there is something new to caw about. I don't have problems as a killer but I am sick of seeing survivors saying that ph is OP and he needs nerfs. I know that cage hurt you because you can't use Ds and Bt. Just learn how to deal pyramid Head and learn playing this game. Playing as ph is fan and he is f.... fine

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162173/the-chapter-is-mostly-fine-most-of-you-are-just-riding-the-hate-train

    I think everything about the chapter is fantastic EXCEPT the Punishment of The Damned ability. It’s far too clunky.

    His movement when dragging Or turning to aim are bad I agree. Maybe if it was smoother he will be stronger and too oppressive in chases

  • People who gripe usually repeat the same opinions of whatever streamer they watched play, and rarely form opinions on their own.

  • I'm not a silent hill fan so I always thought the new chapter was meh, but my lack of interest in SH doesn't and shouldn't diminish your interest in SH. So having not picked up the new chapter I can't speak for the new killer. On paper I struggled to see much use in his perks beyond very situational scenarios, so that's more of a negative than a positive (again opinion you are welcome to disagree). I might be wrong but it doesn't compel me to pick the dlc up at the moment.

    I don't really play survivor much so again not concerned about her.

    So it comes down to the map. Is it thematic yeah very much so, its it a pain to navigate yeah but its new that comes with time. Do I think it has some game limitations, sure with respect to aspects of the game which I find fun.

    These being it is a combination of long corridors and dead ends. But unlike other indoor maps there are no real short cuts to mindgame around or cut off survivors. So most plays are chase someone in a square around the corridors till blood frenzy gets me the down or block them in a room till I get the free down. Its a different play-style but I find it limiting compared to the gameplay possibilities of other maps (this may change over time).

    I reckon to get the most out of the map you need to spend a lot of time breaking walls, which is fun but tiresome as every game starts the same going to break certain walls around the known loops. Also if your detection perks/abilities track someone on the floor above you, you are probably never going to get to them in time given the distance to the stairs/transitions (Getting downstairs is typically easier). It can be a lil frustrating not game breaking but frustrating.

    The one thing that has been fun is the jockeying for position around a pallet in a room so that when a survivor finally drops it they are on the wrong side, away from the door, often resulting in a free hit for me... yay dead end rooms. That's a new type of gameplay that I haven't experienced on other maps and is really fun. Survivors don't often run into rooms though they tend to just sprint burst down the corridor and then drop down a level.

    Yes its only been a couple of day so grain of salt for most feedback but so far games on that map feel a bit lacking in variety compared to other maps given the limiting nature of the layout. Again this may change over time we'll see.

    The main problem is complaints are rarely constructive they are just this is crap/boring/OP wah wah wah. Yeah I'm sick of that too, but there are some genuine impressions that have been constructive and objective, some positive some negative. I think that feedback is important.

  • My opinions on the chapter:

    -I won't use any of the perks.

    -Once I get the Adept, I will rarely touch the killer. This is same for others like Oni and Deathslinger.

    -The map looks great but playing it is a ruddy headache.

  • I still hate the Dead Dawg Saloon map... But yeah, I'll try to adapt to the map, but the gameplay on it is very repetitive and boring so far.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1361661#Comment_1361661

    I'm not saying those people aren't allowed to voice their opinions and concerns. But just straight bashing the Devs and outright insulting the work and effort they put into something instead of giving constructive criticisms with possible resolutions isn't the way to go about it. Especially when it's the same "Nerf Killer; Too OP" when it's only been a day is just ridiculous. This happens every time a new chapter comes out because no one knows how to adjust to the new Killer/Map yet. Once the people who come back seasonally leave and others adapt, it'll just be a drop in the bucket like DeathSlinger.

    Hardly anyone has talked about the positives, especially for Clown's buff.

    True, some people go way overboard.