Few Executioners Already?

I was playing when it first came out and as usual, nothing but the new killer. After sleeping for a few hours, I got back on to 1 Pyramid Head in 11 matches. Really already? Usually there is still an abundance of the new killer with older mixed in on the first day. I find playing him very fun and rewarding if you can land his power. It is pretty easy to dodge, but when I use it behind walls and predict it seems to almost always work.

Similar to Spirit, it's better to hide behind something when you use your power to have a better chance to catch them off guard.

Comments

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    It's because he's difficult. Quite difficult. I won't hesitate to say I struggle to hit Punishments more than I struggle to hit Deathslinger shots, Demo shreds, Pig dashes, Nurse blinks, or even Huntress hatchets. And that's when I have line of sight on my enemy; adding another layer of prediction through walls literally destroys my brain. And THAT'S just the first part of his power; resourcing your trails well and knowing when to cage is even more stuff to learn.

    And because he's actually difficult to learn to play, people would rather just call him bad than actually put in the effort towards playing a fully capable Killer when he gets completely overshadowed by Killers like Billy and Spirit who are so much better and so much easier.

    This is what I'm hoping for, he's actually really good but it takes a lot of practice.

    So I'm going to exclusively play him like I did Spirit on release and see what progress I can make, not gonna fail a few times and ask for buffs.

  • There are plenty playing him on PS4. I've had him nearly every match today.

  • @bm33 said:

    There are plenty playing him on PS4. I've had him nearly every match today.

    I was getting more, but it's still not as often as I'd hope.

    Now I'm just playing him so I can git gud

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1360308#Comment_1360308

    This is what I'm hoping for, he's actually really good but it takes a lot of practice.

    So I'm going to exclusively play him like I did Spirit on release and see what progress I can make, not gonna fail a few times and ask for buffs.

    Don't get me wrong, I definitely think a few small buffs here and there would make him feel much better. Removing the 100-unit cap on his trails would be nice since they're only around for a minute 15 seconds anyway, and I'd love some sort of small tweak to casting Punishment, such as being able to continue to turn my camera in the small window of time before clicking the button and the attack actually going out, or removing the whole "highlight the exact area that the wave is going to appear" nonsense. Overall, though, I don't feel him to be weak.

  • I wish I had at least 1 game playing him on a map I know with good perks so I can judge him better. But all I get is freaking school with his stupid teachable perks because I just can't get his adept (maybe he is kinda bad, I usually don't have problem getting adepts)

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1360315#Comment_1360315

    Agreed. It takes too long to travel

    It doesn't go very far. I tried a green and yellow range add on and the distance is nice but it still takes too long for the wave to get to them.

    It can easily be dodged since you can see the red rectangle on the ground.

    You hear him stick the sword in the ground so you know the attack is coming.

    It doesn't inflict torment. I don't see why it can't.

    Takes a long time to recover.

    Can't one shot anyone like a chainsaw or Oni Charge.

    The only good thing about it is it's mind game potential. If someone is running to a window I can toss the wave or I can pretend I will to get them to move then go in for a melee. I've been seeing a lot of PHs try to use the range attack instead of breaking a pallet. That wastes so much time if you don't get a lucky hit. It's better to use this power when 2 people are together, a narrow hallway, or to avoid losing stacks of obsession perks.

    It should also hit them if they touch it. I've seen some survivors running through it after the damage hitbox is done.

  • his perks blow. Worst in the game since demo

    And while I was hyper then most for the new powers

    In reality is really hard to work and really easy to counter. You can check my thread for progress

    @emptyCups said:

    this really sucks.

    Starting at lvl 40 I didn't get much from the bw

    I currently deranked all the way back to 13

    And I must say these matches are trash.

    Listen when plague dropped i 4kd every night for 2 weeks before I even got good with her. It took months before everyone knew what to do. PH is dead on arrival somehow.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1360160#Comment_1360160

    I haven't found that many places to dig trenches. A few good choke points in most maps, but you shouldn't be spending time replacing them. Just dig a line if you happen to running by. Stairs leading to a gen, cross a long hallway, at a really good vault, and those likes. Most of the time you aren't going to do this apply torment though. It is force Survivors to slow down. They see a trench, and they start to crouch walk over it or take another path. Either way it is their time spent doing nothing that PH gains.

    But it is a good idea to dig trenches mid loops. Say you first reach a loop and the Survivor has enough of a lead to run it 2 times. Just plop a small trail, likely at the pallet, and keep looping it. If they loop there, you apply torment and setup a cage for latter for their struggle phase to save time and avoid 2nd chance perks or instant death . If they run off, you have odds of landing a M1 before they reach another loop. Win win in my book.

    Faking a trench is also decent at baiting out Dead Hard or 360s.

    As for being unable to place trenches around gens, hooks, or gates. That's there because a trench lasts 90 seconds by default and it would be impossible to use those objects without telling PH you are there. It isn't direct damage. But it is information and extra time. Information in DbD is VERY strong and so is time saved. Knowing where Survivors are is often better than wounding them if that wounding doesn't result in a down/hook.

    Ok but the trapper and hag and freddy can all put there traps that do the same information but PH can't?

    Why. They can still avoid it by crouching anyway.

  • People need to quit with this "X killer is like Y killer but with Z" nonsense. If there's a "but with," they're not the same killer.

    Most recent example (before now with Pyramid) is when Deathslinger came out and people kept calling him just a "worse Huntress" or whatever. Killers have their different strengths and weaknesses...

    How about we step back a bit, relax, and wait for the inevitability of the community realizing "oh wow, this killer actually has some nuance!" Lets just let people actually figure out the limits of the killer before we start calling out "OP," "weak," or "just another version of X killer," hm?

  • I didn't see a single Executioner today. Saw a Spirit, a Hillbilly, a Doctor, and a ton of Deathslingers, but no Executioners.

  • Why would I pay for someone who is maybe slightly above average, when Nurse, Billy, and Huntress are all free, fun, and probably better?

  • Here's the thing, and it's the absolute truth...Pyramidhead is a good killer. The issue with him is (and it's really not an "issue" per say) is that his play style is very tunnely. He performs best when he tunnels. He maximizes his points and emblems, when he tunnels. He's the only killer where tunneling isn't a bad strategy. Why does this make killers play him less? It's quite simple. Contrary to what the baby survivors who whine here will say - most killers don't actually enjoy playing that way. Much like Hag is campy, and that's why you don't see many Hags.

    I know, shocker.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1360232#Comment_1360232

    Ok but the trapper and hag and freddy can all put there traps that do the same information but PH can't?

    Why. They can still avoid it by crouching anyway.

    You are missing a detail. Trapper takes ######### LOADS of time to setup each and every single one of his traps. Hag takes less time per trap but she is a 110% Killer who needs to spend more time running chases. And BOTH of these Killers have problems in setting their traps mid chase as they are both proactive Killers and not reactive. Then you have the fact that their traps can only cover a single spot at a time.

    Freddy is much closer. His traps can be placed without any slowdown and mid chase without risk. His only downside is needing people to sleep before the traps work. That is how PH works. You can either dig trenches proactively and hope someone steps on one or slows down to avoid them, or you can dig them reactively mid chase to force Survivors to step on them or run away into the open. PH doesn't even have much of a risk doing so either as it only slows him down to 110% and can be canceled without worry.

    In my book, PH is a good Killer. Maybe too good with how much time he can save with that ranged attack and bypassing hooks. But like any other Killer you have to learn how to play as HIM. Never assume that you can use the strats and skills from one Killer for another. Even "close enough" Killers like Oni and Billy need to have their own playstyles. A few tricks is shared between Killers, and the fundamentals are just as the name states. But you need to learn how to play each Killer in their own way.


    The vast majority of people, myself included, haven't had enough time to properly learn PH yet. I got some ideas, but lack perks to test builds. So far Iv noticed a few things that tend to work.

    1- Do NOT break all pallets! A few pallets need to be broken to allow pathing but PH can use them as bait to land an unavoidable ranged attack 80% of the time. No mindgames, just either landing a ranged attack while they are in animation lock or landing a M1 if they attempt to bait the vault.

    2- Use trenches reactively. This forces Survivors to get Torment or run out into the open. And as PH only slows to 110% digging them, he doesn't lose any ground and it has minor risks. He still GAINS ground doing so. But PH gains SO FREAKING MUCH once a Survivor is tormented making the time investment well worth it. Avoiding BT/DS with cages. Survivors being killed faster by the Struggle phase in cages. Instantly caging someone instead of spending upwards of 10-20 seconds hooking them. Forcing multiple Survivors away from a 3/4 gen by sending someone to a cage on the other side of the map. The list goes on.

    3- Fundamentals. PH is a 115% and has full use of the fundamentals. Meaning he has options to simply chase someone if needed when his powers fail him.

  • I actually want to play with PH somemore, but his blood point generation feels slower, and i really need to get my bloodpoint gain on.

1 2 ›