Banned for winning the game??

How did I get a griefing ban when i don't grief period. I have never intentionally tried to ruin the gameplay of anyone. this is insane. I love how they wait until i spend money to buy the new dlc and all the silent hill cosmetics before im banned too. I have video accounts of all my games so if you could tell me which game i griefed someone that would be great thanks.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Do you regularly let survivors bleed out on the floor, hit survivors on hooks, sandbag, anything like that?

  • @Orion said:

    Do you regularly let survivors bleed out on the floor, hit survivors on hooks, sandbag, anything like that?

    I don't believe any of those would be considered griefing from what i've read in the rules. I know for a fact sandbagging isn't and hitting on hooks isn't really "griefing" either. Bleed outs i don't believe are but could be. I'd assume if he got banned for griefing he had to have been doing something extremely bad such as working with the killer, body blocking in a corner for extended periods or something along those lines.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356896#Comment_1356896

    I don't believe any of those would be considered griefing from what i've read in the rules. I know for a fact sandbagging isn't and hitting on hooks isn't really "griefing" either. Bleed outs i don't believe are but could be. I'd assume if he got banned for griefing he had to have been doing something extremely bad such as working with the killer, body blocking in a corner for extended periods or something along those lines.

    If you do those things repeatedly to the same people, I'm thinking it could be considered griefing.

  • @Orion said:

    Do you regularly let survivors bleed out on the floor, hit survivors on hooks, sandbag, anything like that?

    IIRC devs have said slugging and camping isn't bannable. If you ban for letting people bleed out (Which isn't even a hostage situation since the game does eventually end and is in essence, extended slugging) and hitting on the hook (Toxic, but not much different from ordinary facecamping. IIRC when dedicated servers first went live you couldn't hit on the hook and it was later added back) you have to also ban teabagging and waiting at the exit gates.


    Sandbagging is definitely bannable and people who intentionally screw over teammates definitely falls under griefing.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356896#Comment_1356896

    IIRC devs have said slugging and camping isn't bannable. If you ban for letting people bleed out (Which isn't even a hostage situation since the game does eventually end and is in essence, extended slugging) and hitting on the hook (Toxic, but not much different from ordinary facecamping. IIRC when dedicated servers first went live you couldn't hit on the hook and it was later added back) you have to also ban teabagging and waiting at the exit gates.

    Sandbagging is definitely bannable and people who intentionally screw over teammates definitely falls under griefing.

    The problem is doing it regularly and to the same people. If I let a survivor bleed out every now and then, it's just random. If I let the same survivor bleed out every single time, that's griefing.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356896#Comment_1356896

    IIRC devs have said slugging and camping isn't bannable. If you ban for letting people bleed out (Which isn't even a hostage situation since the game does eventually end and is in essence, extended slugging) and hitting on the hook (Toxic, but not much different from ordinary facecamping. IIRC when dedicated servers first went live you couldn't hit on the hook and it was later added back) you have to also ban teabagging and waiting at the exit gates.

    Sandbagging is definitely bannable and people who intentionally screw over teammates definitely falls under griefing.

    i mainly play killer so it not that. I dont think ive done anything as survivor to be banned. I hit support up for what it is i did cause i have all my games recorded

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356912#Comment_1356912

    If you do those things repeatedly to the same people, I'm thinking it could be considered griefing.

    never really play the same people. and i dont target anyone specifically i just play. If i have to tunnel i tunnel if i defend i defend

  • I know mori spamming can be considered griefing, but I dont know what your games are like to be able to comment on them really.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356912#Comment_1356912

    If you do those things repeatedly to the same people, I'm thinking it could be considered griefing.

    yup if i'm not wrong it's possible if you get multiple report for griefing from the same person in a short period, just like how afk didn't ban you unless you get reported from the same person multiple time with the same issue

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356928#Comment_1356928

    The problem is doing it regularly and to the same people. If I let a survivor bleed out every now and then, it's just random. If I let the same survivor bleed out every single time, that's griefing.

    Or you could let everybody bleed out, every match, and can't be accused of targeting anyone in particular since that's just your preferred playstyle.

  • @uBoluCha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356917#Comment_1356917

    yup if i'm not wrong it's possible if you get multiple report for griefing from the same person in a short period, just like how afk didn't ban you unless you get reported from the same person multiple time with the same issue

    then its ok for people to report if they lose???? doesnt make sense

  • @LordGlint said:

    I know mori spamming can be considered griefing, but I dont know what your games are like to be able to comment on them really.

    cant even mori spam anymore lol im so confused

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356928#Comment_1356928

    The problem is doing it regularly and to the same people. If I let a survivor bleed out every now and then, it's just random. If I let the same survivor bleed out every single time, that's griefing.

    right but i dont have the same survivors every game i get the same survivor maybe 1 time in 2 months

  • @Orion said:

    Do you regularly let survivors bleed out on the floor, hit survivors on hooks, sandbag, anything like that?

    Letting survivors bleed out or hitting on hooks aren't bannable.

  • We don't discuss bans on the form, if you want more information on your ban - please contact Support : https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=228543