UNDOCUMENTED PERK CHANGES

Deathbound - The Oblivious timer was buffed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds

Trail of Torment - Undetectable time increased from 15 to 16 seconds (wow 1 whole second), cooldown decreased from 80 to 60 seconds

Forced Penance - Increased broken time from 30 to 60 seconds

Blood Pact - Haste duration buffed from 8 seconds to 10 seconds but it no longer works on partial heals

Soul Guard - Nerfed, now gives the Survivor deep wounds when they block a hit with the perk.

Comments

  • Repressed Alliance was the only perk completely untouched

  • Hm, 60 seconds of Broken is actually a pretty long time, all things considered. It might actually give you the time to knock down the Survivor that was defended by the now-Broken Survivor, hook them, and then hunt for the still-Injured Survivor before they can heal.

  • @TAG said:

    Hm, 60 seconds of Broken is actually a pretty long time, all things considered. It might actually give you the time to knock down the Survivor that was defended by the now-Broken Survivor, hook them, and then hunt for the still-Injured Survivor before they can heal.

    Indeed. The buffs were all nice.

    Trail of Torment still sucks tho

  • That's good <3

  • I'm glad that they are buffing the perks after release. I wanted Forced Penance to apply Oblivious but at least it isn't useless anymore.

    Trails of Torment though is still bad as it highlights the gen.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356008#Comment_1356008

    Indeed. The buffs were all nice.

    Trail of Torment still sucks tho

    My one hope for Trail of Torment is that as Pig, I can trigger it, take advantage of full speed stealth, and then crouch when the timer is about to expire to psyche out Survivors who aren't sure if I'm near them or not.

  • There were changes to every perk except Repressed Alliance. They were mistakenly missed in the patch notes, but I've since gone back and added them in.

  • hmm, i would've just assumed Soul Guard already would have applied Deep Wounds if it prevented you from getting downed. Seems alright to me.

  • SG still gives you the endurance status effect after you're healed or recovered from the dying state. What was nerfed about it exactly?

  • IMHO the worst part of Trail Of Torment is the name.


    It sounds more like part of Pyramid Head's ability since it leaves a trail, and survivors who get exposed to it suffer from torment.


    I think the name should be changed to something like "Darkest Hour" (Although that sounds more like an endgame perk) or "Black/Lights Out".

  • @Nicholas said:

    SG still gives you the endurance status effect after you're healed or recovered from the dying state. What was nerfed about it exactly?

    Previously if you resisted the hit from dying state you didn't have to mend. Now you have.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356012#Comment_1356012

    My one hope for Trail of Torment is that as Pig, I can trigger it, take advantage of full speed stealth, and then crouch when the timer is about to expire to psyche out Survivors who aren't sure if I'm near them or not.

    I've found 2 uses for the perk.

    1: Mint rag hag can get away from the gen fast enough and quietly enough to take advantage of the stealth

    2: 3rd seal or other blindness effects disable aura vision, and thus disable seeing the yellow aura for the gen as well. Making the perk do what it should be doing anyways.

  • @Nicholas said:

    SG still gives you the endurance status effect after you're healed or recovered from the dying state. What was nerfed about it exactly?

    Instead of completely ignoring the hit, you get Deep Wounds.

    To give an example, before it was like Mettle of Man, now it's like Borrowed Time.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356036#Comment_1356036

    Instead of completely ignoring the hit, you get Deep Wounds.

    To give an example, before it was like Mettle of Man, now it's like Borrowed Time.

    Oh wow, would you believe I never noticed there was a difference? I can't believe that. I haven't used MoM in so long that I forgot about that.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356042#Comment_1356042

    Oh wow, would you believe I never noticed there was a difference? I can't believe that. I haven't used MoM in so long that I forgot about that.

    In all fairness, even I didn't know for a long time. I only realized there was a difference a few months back.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Deathbound - The Oblivious timer was buffed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds

    Trail of Torment - Undetectable time increased from 15 to 16 seconds (wow 1 whole second), cooldown decreased from 80 to 60 seconds

    Forced Penance - Increased broken time from 30 to 60 seconds

    Blood Pact - Haste duration buffed from 8 seconds to 10 seconds

    Soul Guard - Nerfed, now gives the Survivor deep wounds when they block a hit with the perk.

    Forced Penance is now a REALLY good perk. ๐Ÿ‘€

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356036#Comment_1356036

    Instead of completely ignoring the hit, you get Deep Wounds.

    To give an example, before it was like Mettle of Man, now it's like Borrowed Time.

    Great change ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

  • You should also add that Blood Pact got nerfed as the haste now only activates if you complete a full heal. This severely weakens the perk from its PTB state.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    You should also add that Blood Pact got nerfed as the haste now only activates if you complete a full heal. This severely weakens the perk from its PTB state.

    Eh that sucks. I still think it's a good perk since 10 seconds is a good amount of time for a status as strong as Haste.

    The nature of haste is such that it's still useful even if the Killer never actually shows up too.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356082#Comment_1356082

    Eh that sucks. I still think it's a good perk since 10 seconds is a good amount of time for a status as strong as Haste.

    The nature of haste is such that it's still useful even if the Killer never actually shows up too.

    Yeah but what sucks is that before if the killer interrupts your heal you could use the haste to get away to safety. Now you can't do that as reliably as you need to finish the heal just as the killer is coming towards you to have the same effect.

    I was looking forward to using this perk but now I'm not as excited. I guess this is how people felt about Gearhead in the last chapter.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Poor Trail of Torment, a perk never to be seen again. It had so much potential too.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Poor Trail of Torment, a perk never to be seen again. It had so much potential too.

    It was only seen the first time because of the GLOWING YELLOW AURA TELLING YOU WHERE HE'S USING IT

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356036#Comment_1356036

    Instead of completely ignoring the hit, you get Deep Wounds.

    To give an example, before it was like Mettle of Man, now it's like Borrowed Time.

    How long do you have to Mend at tier 3? Is it 20 seconds like with BT?

  • These changes are ok but still not great.

  • I think Forced Penance and Deathbound will actually be pretty decent now with their buffs. Still wish Trail of Torment did not highlight the gen though. I feel like just the cooldown is enough. 16 seconds of undetectable isn't that strong of an effect to warrant the cooldown and the gen highlighting IMO.

  • The "nerf" to Blood Pact just makes sense. It was, and would be, completely busted if you could tap heal for haste (for both players) every 8 seconds with no cool down.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356042#Comment_1356042

    How long do you have to Mend at tier 3? Is it 20 seconds like with BT?

    20 seconds yeah

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    The "nerf" to Blood Pact just makes sense. It was, and would be, completely busted if you could tap heal for haste (for both players) every 8 seconds with no cool down.

    Yeah but I feel a better way would have been to put a cooldown on the perk when you got the haste. This change just ruins a lot of the value this perk had of quickly getting away from the killer after being interrupted.

  • @NuclearBurrito @Peanits

    You say there was no change to Repressed Alliance, but I found one:

    Repressed Alliance: You can no longer block a generator if another ally Survivor is working on it

  • Hmm blood pact still works on partial heals from what I've played with

  • @Karaage said:

    @NuclearBurrito @Peanits

    You say there was no change to Repressed Alliance, but I found one:

    Repressed Alliance: You can no longer block a generator if another ally Survivor is working on it

    That was on the PTB

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Soul Guard nerf? WHY?!

    Because endurance is a finicky status effect to balance around and a lot of people were crying for one and deep wounds is a pretty safe nerf to give since it's impact on Soul Guard in isolation is small but also makes it harder to stack with other perks like Adrenaline.

  • For the record I'm not one of the people that wanted Soul Guard nerfed

  • Keeping the yellow aura on Trail of Torment was a bad move.

    Only one other instance does it turn yellow for survivors, and that's with Better Together. With that though, its a limited range aura so when you see it appear far away, its obvious.

    Also I'd like to state how it gives a similar safety feeling like Alert, and allowed me to finish a gen when I was actually about to hide, thinking he was on his way.