The reason most camp.
I just recently had a game in which a killer decided to camp a random solo survivor. Moved to go in for a save, with BT only for the bill to get tunneled the rest of the game. All gens get popped, and then bill is down again with NoeD no less. The people camping arnt using it for any strategic advantage or to win. I've asked a few killers, and it all boils down to ruining peoples experiences. These killers just want people to get frustrated, and quit. That wouldnt be such an issue if people didnt have limited time to play, or those who just want to play with there day off work. It will also push metas no one wants nor likes. I'm tired of seeing NoeD almost 80 or matches. Tired of DS, DH, Ext. I know the toxic side of the game will never die off, but there isnt really any punishment to players who only want to ruin you're experience to just rowl up players for laughs.
What do you think?
Comments
I think maybe 1% of the time the goal is to ruin someones day. The other 99% theyre hoping survivors will be altruistic and when that fails they want their one kill. At least thats been my experience on both sides.
" I've asked a few killers, and it all boils down to ruining peoples experiences"
the only time i camp is when i got 2 or more in the basement or if its the egc.
I camp if the survivor are above my skill level, which happens often with this matchmaking, If i finally caught one, the game is basicly over, so i just secure the kill.
If i am evenly matched, i dont have to camp, because i can actually catch another survivor.
The issue is - and it's not the killers to blame for it, is that *most of the time*, survivors DO get altruistic and those campers end up getting a 3k or 4k. Then those survivors come here and act like they did absolutely nothing wrong and couldn't have prevented it from happening. It's a circle of KEKW.
I ll only camp a heavy juker. If they are litterally spinning all over the place and I spent 5 minutes catching them, im not gonna wander to far and let him get a chance to do it all again now am I? Camping makes sense, SOMETIMES.
I think they hope for other survivors to come for the save. But smart teammates will teach campers it’s a ######### and boring technique that will often result in 3 escapes.
You see that's not an issue I'm talking about the toxicity that most killer use. It's one thing to camp with a intent of altruism ext, but the ones I see more then half the the time is no gens have popped or one has. Then you get hooked now camped. No ones done anything just yet, and you're already punishing a survivor for no reason. I will also add these people are not baby rank or potatoes. Some are a bit easy to loop, and some can be pretty top tier mind gamers. I dont see them back to back, but I still see them more then it should be happening. People trying to incite rage, and frustration for no reason.
"The people camping arnt using it for any strategic advantage or to win"
Eh? This is the very reason to camp, to win. If you think camping killers is just "toxic" then you are very wrong.
There are few reasons I might LeatherFace-Camp:
-Continuous tea-bagging/taunting/flashlight clicking.
-Bodyblocking leading to a non-hook.
-Overindulgence of flashlight stuns.
-Choice of attire: Bunny Feng.
Point 1: in most cases I see, the killer gets rewarded for camping by super altruistic play.
Point 2: "to ruin peoples experiences". Pretty generalizing at the moment. I would say I see more killers tunneling specific survivors that were trying to be a total "male chicken" on purpose, rather than the killer just face camping for no reason. I don't see many killers starting a game to ruin gaming experience.
In addition to that, "random survivor" might be just your view. You don't know what the guy did during the chase, it might have a reason why they get camped. Opening a thread saying "I know why people camp, they are asses!" is not pretty farseeing. Of course you will always have people around that do exactly this, no matter where and no matter what you try to restrict that, but it is pretty sure not the majority
I can understand the killer if they camp when they get totally genrushed and dstroyed, I don't blame them but I personally don't do it myself. I will let everyone have their fair chance and so what if I lose. But yeah if someone totally innocent survivor gets facecamped in the beginning already for no reason that's just #########.
Yeah but you dont know theyre "punishing" a survivor. It doesnt matter if gens are popped or not. The point is to draw in the others. It is EXCEEDINGLY RARE that they are campong you to punish you for some reason. That thought process doesnt even make sense. They dont know you so theres nothing to punish. Unless you play like an ######### on the regular and they remember your name theres no reason for you to think otherwise
And you are right, but this one instance the bill looped him all game. Out of all games I have played against most campers is they go out of there way to camp, and then tunnel without much reason. Sometimes I'm around for these chances or my group of two others see it, and there is no reason or warning. I will invite a handful of killers, if they just camp then tunneled a poor person on hook. The answers I get more often then not are just doing it to dump on another's experience. Or will call our three man trash survivors even though they get one kill. It's a rough guesstimate of numbers but 60%+ camp just to ruin others experience.
The others will do it to eliminate a good player, not skilled, or didnt do to hot at the games initial start. I'll say it's a strat you can use, but going out of you're way to ruin the fun for laughs isnt fair. Nor right.
aw did the mean killer be a killer? imagine that
You missed the point. I have messaged/talked to a ton of campers out of curiosity. They give me a mix of answers, but the high response I hear is doing it purely to crap upon the others experience.
Great job missing the point of what I posted?
oh thanks, I have never seen a thread of someone complaining about campers. Thanks for your wonderful research and input into this phenomenon.
Ok so then some are dicks just to be dicks. So what. You think its fun getting tbagged and flashlights clicked in my ear every other game? Its not. And neitger is a big deal. I play a lot of survivor and RARELY do i get face camped
You dont understand the difference in teabagging/flashlight clicking and camping/tunneling/slugging, right? Biased.
Yeah, go ahead and explain and ill explain to you why youre wrong
Serious? I never heard a killer saying "I wanna ruin your game". Seriously, never. The one comment going most into that direction was "idc"
And still stands: you don't follow the other guy for the entire game, you don't know everything. Had that several times that both killer and survivor admitted something, survivor like "so ez to loop, he got triggered by tbags" or whatever, and I thought in game that the killer is just a plain camper
I bring up an issue of people going out of there way to ruin the game by camping, and tunneling the first individual to incite negitive reactions. Camping happens boohoo it sucks but it's part of the game, but I'm seeing an hearing that there are a lot just doing it to cause negitive reactions for a laugh.
The online world is the dumpster fire of human behaviour given the lack of consequence, just shrug it off, its a game. There is negative experience on both sides and not a lot you can do.
Also camping is a valid strategy, not always effective but valid, its part of the game. Although if I resort to camping its usually because everything has gone to pieces and its the only option left. EGC hook etc usually you can turn a 4 escape to a 2sac/2esc or even 3sac with a bit of late game basement play. Again it can be used as a griefing tool but is usually a "this has gone to pieces" last ditch effort tool.
I think bad match making results in more camping and tunneling as against the red rank hit squad as a green or yellow, taking it to 3 on 1 early is usually the best bet for added game pressure. Especially when gens are flying off at a rocket pace. Its nothing personal its just business.
I see how elements of game play can make people agitated and feel like they were targeted and griefed. A whole team of survivors body blocking every hook (even first one at 5 gens up), taunting to get you into endless loop chases, flashlight clicking, repetitive fast vaults for attention, can get annoying but its part of the game.
Most games a fun, some are just hard and some a just trash. You can't guarantee what you'll get in an online experience as a lot of the players you are paired with are people you'd probably never game with in real life due to being angry children or an adult with the emotional intelligence of an angry child.
Its a game its meant to be fun, if you ain't having fun then take a break.