mtf but still likes women

Can i have a character that represents this or is this not allowed?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I don't see why not? Just depends on if the devs decide they want to write that in somewhere.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I don't see why not? Just depends on if the devs decide they want to write that in somewhere.

    I have several transitioned friends and they dnt feel represented in dbd even with dbd's inclusive tweet.

  • I noticed in most threads today about that tweet...trans ppl seem to be excluded...

  • so gay is ok, bi is ok, lesbian is ok, asexual is okay... but trans is bad?

  • Why does the sexuality and gender of a character matter in a game about wacking people and repairing generators

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    Why does the sexuality and gender of a character matter in a game about wacking people and repairing generators

    This. Let the devs decide if they plan tot make a trans person. They shouldnt force it in the Lore, because this way they would care more about the sexuallity of the survivor instead to the real Lore.

    Sexuallity shouldnt matter in a horror game.

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350345#Comment_1350345

    This. Let the devs decide if they plan tot make a trans person. They shouldnt force it in the Lore, because this way they would care more about the sexuallity of the survivor instead to the real Lore.

    Sexuallity shouldnt matter in a horror game.

    theres so many ######### posts about this #########, and they're all stuipidly pointless other than feeding someone's fantasy like god damn dude, its a game about killing people why does it matter if they're ######### gay or not like it doesn't matter it doesn't add to actual gameplay

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    Why does the sexuality and gender of a character matter in a game about wacking people and repairing generators

    exactly what i think, read survivors and killers lore, and find where it says they are hetero, gay, bi., trans, you wont because it doesnt matter. the only ones wwe know are nancy and steve and not because the game told us but instead because of the show. then we have the love story between wraith and Nurse wich is not cannon neither till devs confirms it.... so why is that important when the game devs dont? is important gender in a game that u see a big killer hurting badly and killing women/teenagers/man/ the gender is what is bothering you?.

  • Yeah this is why that tweet was dumb, and why when companies make announcements like this its dumb. Now anyone that doesnt have a character that fits them is going to start asking "why not me" they should have just made the characters they want to make and skipoed the "but were inclusive" tweet. Jmo

  • @seki23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350345#Comment_1350345

    exactly what i think, read survivors and killers lore, and find where it says they are hetero, gay, bi., trans, you wont because it doesnt matter. the only ones wwe know are nancy and steve and not because the game told us but instead because of the show. then we have the love story between wraith and Nurse wich is not cannon neither till devs confirms it.... so why is that important when the game devs dont? is important gender in a game that u see a big killer hurting badly and killing women/teenagers/man/ the gender is what is bothering you?.

    That. If some small detail in their backstory hints at something, whatever, no need to make a song and dance of it

  • If there's a character that represents this, there should also be a character that represents schizophrenia or depression.

  • @Antimon said:

    If there's a character that represents this, there should also be a character that represents schizophrenia or depression.

    Let's also add a disabled person while we're at it

  • @Antimon said:

    If there's a character that represents this, there should also be a character that represents schizophrenia or depression.

    Not that those things are related to being trans in any way, but Doctor not good enough for you?

  • That would actually be lowkey funny, idk why it made me laugh xD

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350472#Comment_1350472

    Not that those things are related to being trans in any way, but Doctor not good enough for you?

    He's not schizophrenic nor depressed. And I don't think he's related to mental illnesses in any way (except the sole fact that he worked in an institute). I was saying that if they choose to go for something controversial, they may as well go all the way.

  • Like blizzard did with that horror that is Tracer and that straight jacket floating feet guy

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350477#Comment_1350477

    He's not schizophrenic nor depressed. And I don't think he's related to mental illnesses in any way (except the sole fact that he worked in an institute). I was saying that if they choose to go for something controversial, they may as well go all the way.

    He tinkered with people's brains to cause schizophrenia and depression, among other things. A schizophrenic friend of mine would probably liken him to her hallucinations, trying to mess with her head.

  • As of now, they didn’t add any LGBT+ char and I noticed no message that explicitly stated they want homo-, bi- and asexual characters but not trans.

    They will just add those themes in the backstories/lore of the characters (new and old) and don’t restrict themselves anymore. They didn’t say they will forcefully add one person for every orientation.

  • Did you miss the brace he needs to be able to walk? He might not be wheelchair-bound, but he is disabled.

  • @Mooks said:

    As of now, they didn’t add any LGBT+ char and I noticed no message that explicitly stated they want homo-, bi- and asexual characters but not trans.

    They will just add those themes in the backstories/lore of the characters (new and old) and don’t restrict themselves anymore. They didn’t say they will forcefully add one person for every orientation.

    Cool, so they actually might go all the way into controversy, can't wait to read the news articles

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350487#Comment_1350487

    Cool, so they actually might go all the way into controversy, can't wait to read the news articles

    You're the ones making it controversial. People who either don't care or support it are not saying anything or showing their support.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350482#Comment_1350482

    He tinkered with people's brains to cause schizophrenia and depression, among other things. A schizophrenic friend of mine would probably liken him to her hallucinations, trying to mess with her head.

    I don't think he caused depression nor schizophrenia. I read all about MKUltra and this field (both IRL and in his lore). It has literally nothing to do with causing mental illnesses and everything to do with knowledge and torture.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350483#Comment_1350483

    Did you miss the brace he needs to be able to walk? He might not be wheelchair-bound, but he is disabled.

    Never played him, so never noticed. Good detail though!

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350486#Comment_1350486

    I don't think he caused depression nor schizophrenia. I read all about MKUltra and this field (both IRL and in his lore). It has literally nothing to do with causing mental illnesses and everything to do with knowledge and torture.

    His mechanic is literally called "Madness", which makes you hallucinate, hear voices, and scream.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350490#Comment_1350490

    You're the ones making it controversial. People who either don't care or support it are not saying anything or showing their support.

    I'm not against it, I just want them to go all the way and dive into mental illnesses as well (since it's my field) instead of focusing solely on gays and the lgbt stuff.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350492#Comment_1350492

    His mechanic is literally called "Madness", which makes you hallucinate, hear voices, and scream.

    True, still hallucinations aren't schizophrenia. They're a symptom that can be caused by physical or emotional distress.

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350491#Comment_1350491

    I'm not against it, I just want them to go all the way and dive into mental illnesses as well (since it's my field) instead of focusing solely on gays and the lgbt #########.

    Well, you've had Doctor for a while now, as well as Nurse. Now can we focus on the LGBT #########, or is 3 years of the Doctor and almost 4 years of the Nurse not enough? I'm guessing it matters very little to you since you didn't even notice either of these characters.

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350494#Comment_1350494

    True, still hallucinations aren't schizophrenia. They're a symptom that can be caused by physical or emotional distress.

    His hallucinations are induced madness (hey, that's the name of the mechanic!), which is why other killers don't produce the same effects. Then there's the Nurse, who's likely schizophrenic. Again, I can tell you care very little about this since you don't even know anything about these characters.

  • To answer op. You're not entitled to have a character you want

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350487#Comment_1350487

    Cool, so they actually might go all the way into controversy, can't wait to read the news articles

    no, they will just tell the stories they want to tell and make the characters they always did, we already know that at least one character is in fact LGBT+, but we don’t know who and what exactly.

    i don’t really think the Lore of DbD will be heavily mentioned in any news articles, nor is there any controversy from BHVR. If there will be, then it will come from the haters, that are just searching for something

  • @Antimon said:

    If there's a character that represents this, there should also be a character that represents schizophrenia or depression.

    You have a date with the doctor for that. :)

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    so gay is ok, bi is ok, lesbian is ok, asexual is okay... but trans is bad?

    Seriously whats next? Next excuse will be that killer tunneled me cuz im gay or whatever xD

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350495#Comment_1350495

    Well, you've had Doctor for a while now, as well as Nurse. Now can we focus on the LGBT #########, or is 3 years of the Doctor and almost 4 years of the Nurse not enough? I'm guessing it matters very little to you since you didn't even notice either of these characters.

    I'm actually a hardened Doctor main (trust me I tried nurse once and don't want to play her again after discovering her mechanics). And I do care, I'm just mad that everybody puts their attention towards lgbtq and ignores the world of mental illnesses (that is VERY patronized and opressed). I'm not saying that being Gay is a mental illness (it isn't, even I am into some sissy stuff once in a while), about the Transgender thing; it's true that some people truly identify themselves with another gender due to their brain structure, but there are also people that want to change their gender to "fix" their mental issues (like my gf and some other acquaintances of mine that I helped to understand and better deal with their issues [at least I hope so]).

  • He has somekind of device on the leg to correct posture also hillbilly is laming too want more representation?

  • Nurse doesn't have schizophrenia, she has PTSD and delusions.

  • @Antimon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350497#Comment_1350497

    I'm actually a hardened Doctor main (trust me I tried nurse once and don't want to play her again after discovering her mechanics). And I do care, I'm just mad that everybody puts their attention towards lgbtq and ignores the world of mental illnesses (that is VERY patronized and opressed). I'm not saying that being Gay is a mental illness (it isn't, even I am into some sissy stuff once in a while), about the Transgender thing; it's true that some people truly identify themselves with another gender due to their brain structure, but there are also people that want to change their gender to "fix" their mental issues (like my gf and some other acquaintances of mine that I helped to understand and better deal with their issues [at least I hope so]).

    Nurse and Doctor have been here for multiple years. You're not mad at anything, you're just trying to manufacture controversy. It's not like you care about representation all of a sudden, which is why decided to pick things that aren't normally included in video games: disabled people and mentally ill people. I've proven that we have had them for a while now, but you just keep pressing the issue instead of admitting that you're wrong.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350483#Comment_1350483

    He has somekind of device on the leg to correct posture also hillbilly is laming too want more representation?

    I never said I wanted/was against disabled characters to be in the game. I said it was funny because I just imagined a survivor in a whellchair 360' a killer lmao.

  • Do you all know that this thread is useless as devs wont add anything related with sexual orientation right? Anyway if they add *insert orientation char* I want a black killer becuz there is not black killers are they racist?

    You get what I mean and how much stupid is the thread?

  • @Antimon said:

    Nurse doesn't have schizophrenia, she has PTSD and delusions.

    So you don't know that schizophrenia can develop in people who suffered traumatic events? What are your qualifications, exactly? Because I'm a physicist and even I know that. Hell, her lore says she went insane in a way that is very similar to schizophrenia.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350515#Comment_1350515

    Nurse and Doctor have been here for multiple years. You're not mad at anything, you're just trying to manufacture controversy. It's not like you care about representation all of a sudden, which is why decided to pick things that aren't normally included in video games: disabled people and mentally ill people. I've proven that we have had them for a while now, but you just keep pressing the issue instead of admitting that you're wrong.

    What in the ######### are you on about? I never said anything about disabled people, I just replied to a comment saying "might as well add disabled characters" saying that I thought it would be funny because of the wheelchair 360' thing.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    Do you all know that this thread is useless as devs wont add anything related with sexual orientation right? Anyway if they add *insert orientation char* I want a black killer becuz there is not black killers are they racist?

    You get what I mean and how much stupid is the thread?

    The devs already added heterosexuals, so why not LGBT? And we do have black killers like the Wraith and the Doctor.

    Like I said, none of you care about these issues, you're just trying to manufacture controversy so you can then pretend it's a controversial subject.

  • YOU CAN NOT DEVELOP SCHIZOPHRENIA IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PSYCHOTIC STRUCTURE AFTER entering adulthood. Take some psychology classes PLEASE.

  • Want me to give you a crash course on psychology?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350529#Comment_1350529

    The devs already added heterosexuals, so why not LGBT? And we do have black killers like the Wraith and the Doctor.

    Like I said, none of you care about these issues, you're just trying to manufacture controversy so you can then pretend it's a controversial subject.

    Okay you got me,now I want a indian killer or survivor or they will be racist more over I want a grey alien killer or are they racist of aliens?

  • @Antimon said:

    YOU CAN NOT DEVELOP SCHIZOPHRENIA IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PSYCHOTIC STRUCTURE AFTER entering adulthood. Take some psychology classes PLEASE.

    And how do you know she didn't? MRIs weren't exactly standard in the 19th century.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350540#Comment_1350540

    Okay you got me,now I want a indian killer or survivor or they will be racist more over I want a grey alien killer or are they racist of aliens?

    Like I said, trying to manufacture controversy. You have the Demogorgon, though, who's sorta like an alien.

  • @Antimon said:

    Want me to give you a crash course on psychology?

    I'm good. Want me to give you a crash course on medical scanning equipment developed before the invention of the airplane?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1350544#Comment_1350544

    And how do you know she didn't? MRIs weren't exactly standard in the 19th century.

    I don't think schizophrenics go around murdering people because of some delusions. Moreover, delusions is only ONE of the many symptoms found in schizophrenia and MANY other illnesses.

‹ 1 2