Spirit disappears randomly

Why does this happen ? Her red stain goes away and she becomes invisible some time. Is this how it is supposed to be or is this some sort of bug ?

Comments

  • That's passive phasing and it is intended.

  • @Orion said:

    That's passive phasing and it is intended.

    No, not that. While she's walking, randomly, she just disappears. I'm not talking about standing still. I'm talking about literal walking.

  • Passive Phasing is a unique part of Spirit's kit. At a set interval, she'll become invisible for a very short moment. She also has addons that increase this time that she's passively phasing.

  • "passive phasing"

    It's intended, although the player controlling her can't tell when it's happening or influence when it's happening. She has two addons that affect it, a yellow one that makes it last longer and a purple one that makes it last longer and happen more often. They aren't popular addons but run them both and she'll be jittering all over the place.

  • @Erk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348164#Comment_1348164

    No, not that. While she's walking, randomly, she just disappears. I'm not talking about standing still. I'm talking about literal walking.

    That's passive phasing and it is intended.

  • Well, its quite stupid then.

  • @dimar18 said:

    I love how it is called "Passive phasing"

    even tho it isn't passive lol

    actually it is passive because the player cannot control it. Thats what passive is in gaming

  • @dimar18 said:

    I love how it is called "Passive phasing"

    even tho it isn't passive lol

    It is, though. What do you think "passive" means?

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348235#Comment_1348235

    Yeah, better to have the 110 killer only be able to get looped and face tank pallets with no tricks or mind games while their power is on cooldown.

    It's right there in the Survivor rulebook. "Thou shalt not interfere with the Nascar!"

    First of all, I am a killer main.

    Second of all, when you outplay a Spirit and she uses the "im invisible lol" card, whats the point of me outplaying her ?

  • Passive phasing,there are addons to influence it aswell. It can make survivors hesitate at certain moments cause the killer dissapears for a second or two around a corner.

  • The passive phasing has minimal effect to decent survivors, and can't really be utilized like old freddy with timing because it's an odd random chance. (Like every 1-3 sec it'll happen)

    Addons can make it 0-4, meaning if the random gods let it, she could passive phase back to back to back. If that's really how it works.

  • @dimar18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348405#Comment_1348405

    Well idk, that it should be a small effect? something that the player doesn't benefit that much but is there

    Am I wrong?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348404#Comment_1348404

    Oh right

    Passive with benefits have always been a thing in games, heck in this very game Freddy and Micheal Myers have these kinds of passive

    edit: sry for the double post the forum bugged out

  • Also if anyone wanted a comparison with the addons someone made a useful video a while back

    https://youtu.be/Y-HLfNwIg4Q


  • It's an intentional feature by the devs. However, it's one of the stupidest features of a pvp game I ever saw in my life.

  • @DwightOP said:

    It's an intentional feature by the devs. However, it's one of the stupidest features of a pvp game I ever saw in my life.

    Why so? It makes her creepier, and it doesn't affect alert survivors most the time.