What do you do?

So i find doing gens really boring, i prefer running over the map looking for the killer to chase me or tank a teammate, or i do totems if they are in my way.

But i also see that i need to repair or we all will be dying to that legion or clown, like it happens.

I play in "red ranks" if that works as an argument, because ranks doesnt matter in this casual game, being there a lot of bots and stuff...


What do you do? Do you like wasting money on this game to be a repareitor and escape with no skill, or playing DBD doing chases?

Im listening =)

Comments

  • I like getting into chases as a survivor but I do gens too

  • i want to win, so if I have to carry the match, being the only one that always pushes gens while the others prefer self-caring or urban evading the entire time, I will.

  • I like helping my team. Doing gens and totems is not boring for me because that's my objective and playing with randoms it feels especially good to escape together. And doing gens actually takes skill believe it or not. You have to think which gens to do first, to be aware of 3 genning and sometimes change gens to complete the ones under the killer's nose while he is busy.

    Chases are fun but if you play just to get chased you might want to change your attitude because I see people wanting to get chased and then suiciding on first hook out of frustration because they sometimes get downed very quickly.

  • @YaiPa said:

    i want to win, so if I have to carry the match, being the only one that always pushes gens while the others prefer self-caring or urban evading the entire time, I will.

    I get you. I had matches that a legion killed us all with 4-5 gens left, like WHY? I sometimes think people watch netflix while playing or something lmao

  • @Elaindil said:

    I like helping my team. Doing gens and totems is not boring for me because that's my objective and playing with randoms it feels especially good to escape together. And doing gens actually takes skill believe it or not. You have to think which gens to do first, to be aware of 3 genning and sometimes change gens to complete the ones under the killer's nose while he is busy.

    Chases are fun but if you play just to get chased you might want to change your attitude because I see people wanting to get chased and then suiciding on first hook out of frustration because they sometimes get downed very quickly.

    No troll posts thanks.

  • Excuse me? Are you one of the clicky-clicky survivors that are not very helpful?

  • @Elaindil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347984#Comment_1347984

    Excuse me? Are you one of the clicky-clicky survivors that are not very helpful?

    Sorry, but saying doing gens requires skill its a troll post for me. And no, im not a "clicky-clicky" survivor. In fact, i suck using the flashlight and im currently trying to learn it. And if giving my life to save my teammates isnt helpful, yeah, im useless.

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347987#Comment_1347987

    Sorry, but saying doing gens requires skill its a troll post for me. And no, im not a "clicky-clicky" survivor. In fact, i suck using the flashlight and im currently trying to learn it. And if giving my life to save my teammates isnt helpful, yeah, im useless.

    I am pretty sure I explained myself. It doesn't take skill to hold m1 but it does take skill to know what gens to do and when. That's why we get people complaining "3 gen situations are impossible" "Freddy is OP and just negates any progress you've made with a single POP" "Legion is boring". Because they just mindlessly do gens without splitting up or doing safe gens first. And if you don't believe me then ask around or watch good survivors.

    And giving your life to save teammates is useful as long as you win time for them. Because some people get chased and downed repeteadly turning the game into 1v3 very fast. (Not saying it's you)

    So survivors' skill is not measured just by their ability to get chased.

  • Aaah bots... You mean those people that refuse to do gens and prefer chasing the killer who will typically ignore the attention seeker and chase someone else resulting in easy pressure and easy 4ks?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Aaah bots... You mean those people that refuse to do gens and prefer chasing the killer who will typically ignore the attention seeker and chase someone else resulting in easy pressure and easy 4ks?

    Bots are the opposite, they only know pressing a button on a gen and nothing else. Then its their turn to do chases and they run to the walls. I hate this people, the game is so unbalanced that a noob can beat you easily, there is no diference between having 5000 hours and 50 hours, the bot will just keep dropping pallets and getting rewarded for nothing.

    And if the killer ignores me, i rush him so i get his attention.

  • I just kinda do whatever I want.


    I wanna do totems? Sorry guys, won't be doing many gens.

    I wanna be a protector/healer? Sorry, I'll probably avoid gens if there is someone in need of help.

    I wanna do gens? Yeah, I'll focus on gens.

    I just can't deal with being chased very well.

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348068#Comment_1348068

    Bots are the opposite, they only know pressing a button on a gen and nothing else. Then its their turn to do chases and they run to the walls. I hate this people, the game is so unbalanced that a noob can beat you easily, there is no diference between having 5000 hours and 50 hours, the bot will just keep dropping pallets and getting rewarded for nothing.

    And if the killer ignores me, i rush him so i get his attention.

    Obviously it's easy to do gens against bad killers who need minutes to get their first hook and refuse to defend generators because hovering around the first hook seems more rational to them than stopping survivors from progressing in their mission.

  • In a sense, my main aim is to annoy the killer in a non-toxic fashion. If I suspect they have Surveillance, or just want to guard a particular generator, I'll use the skills that I've developed playing stealth to just outright annoy them to no end by tapping the generator and moving away. Or make a save as soon as they're out of TR range. Small things like that.

  • I main killer because it's more challenging. Honestly, at first I found playing as survivor terrifying... my palms would sweat and I just lost any sense of strategy once I was in a chase. That is, until I learned just how powerful it was to hug the object you're looping the killer around, while playing mind games here and there. I was kinda grossed out by just how easy it was to get good with survivor after learning how to really use the third person perspective to my advantage. I mean, once you know how to bridge different tiles together, and have an awareness of pallets to use, it's pretty hard to be caught by most killers. Well, until you start playing lazily. Which is after what, the first chase? Then all of a sudden you're only running in straight lines, and you're hands are starting to slip from being so sweaty. That's when you know its time to take things easy and do gens.

  • Meh if I'm playing with friends, I try and do dumb stuff with them and get chased as much as possible because it's way more fun. If I'm playing solo and I'm not getting chased I'm on a gen. If we lose in either scenario I don't really care because escapes mean nothing. As long as I got to have some decent interaction with the killer I'm content with it.

  • Always preferred the sneaky sneak so I get most of my fun mindgaming and outwitting people. Play stealth for both survivor and killer. Fine with gen jockey as well.